Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

i’ve heard of hot pixels but this is ridiculous !!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em
When you unlock a new drop in a roguelike, but it's worse than some of the other items, and now they're less likely to drop forever .

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Bouillon Rube posted:

Just started playing Aria of Sorrow and noticed that it basically reboots the entire game (like it takes you back to the Konami splash screen) whenever you die

Like…why
Death is a serious matter and requires real consequences.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Bouillon Rube posted:

Just started playing Aria of Sorrow and noticed that it basically reboots the entire game (like it takes you back to the Konami splash screen) whenever you die

Like…why
to teach you a lesson

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Ograbme posted:

When you unlock a new drop in a roguelike, but it's worse than some of the other items, and now they're less likely to drop forever .

Speaking of Dead Cells it lets you toggle unlockables from showing up now apparently which seems nice

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
NPCs that walk slower than default walking speed when you have to follow them.

Hardest difficulty being locked behind completing the game once.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

CyberPingu posted:

NPCs that walk slower than default walking speed when you have to follow them.

Hardest difficulty being locked behind completing the game once.

I think gen 4 pokemon locked the easy difficulty behind beating the game once, lol

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

racing games where you always start at the back of the pack. i get why they do it but it gets boring after the 50th race

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Honestly racing games with horrendously overset rubber banding is worse imo

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

CyberPingu posted:

Honestly racing games with horrendously overset rubber banding is worse imo

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/408948146

watch carefully around 19s

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bouillon Rube posted:

Like…why

Pretty much every IGAvania does that

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

American McGay posted:

Death is a serious matter and requires real consequences.

this

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqheYYeA4k4&t=4498s

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

ftw

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ruthless lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Awesome.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

badass

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lol. drat i'm about to watch this whole thing

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Iga sipping wine menacingly at a minute and a half in… hell yeah this is gonna be good

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i remember the last time someone dropped a 2 hour vid in here, i wont make the mistake of skipping it again

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

whoa

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

when there's no lower bound on random encounter frequency so you can trigger a fight two steps after leaving one

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Elephant Parade posted:

when there's no lower bound on random encounter frequency so you can trigger a fight two steps after leaving one

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Logic shattering gameplay for the purposes of puzzle solving.

Resident Evil's are really bad at this. In the remake of RE, if you have a full inventory and an empty gun. You can't pick up a clip because your inventory is full. Just put the clip in the loving gun

RE2 remake. When the upstairs section of the library collapses, you have to go on a huge detour to find a crank to move the bookcase as opposed to just hopping a small gap.

It totally breaks immersion

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CyberPingu posted:

Resident Evil's are really bad at this. In the remake of RE, if you have a full inventory and an empty gun. You can't pick up a clip because your inventory is full. Just put the clip in the loving gun

RE2 remake. When the upstairs section of the library collapses, you have to go on a huge detour to find a crank to move the bookcase as opposed to just hopping a small gap.

I was with you until you said the key item backtracking was bad. Noob spotted

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Larry Parrish posted:

I was with you until you said the key item backtracking was bad. Noob spotted

I don't mind key item backtracking. When it makes sense.

Just that particular example was pretty mind boggling.

It seemed that in the years between RE2 and RE4 Leon learned a key life skill of jumping

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

CyberPingu posted:

It seemed that in the years between RE2 and RE4 Leon learned a key life skill of jumping

i would expect nothing less. in re4, leon is a battle-hardened special agent who has spent the past six years working and training with the us federal government. in re2 he is a clueless rookie arriving late to his first day of work. you must temper your expectations and judge him as a man just beginning the process of forging his own legend.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spoderman posted:

i would expect nothing less. in re4, leon is a battle-hardened special agent who has spent the past six years working and training with the us federal government. in re2 he is a clueless rookie arriving late to his first day of work. you must temper your expectations and judge him as a man just beginning the process of forging his own legend.

Exactly.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Spoderman posted:

Now my head cannon is that all RPD officers cant jump and its not part of their training

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

CyberPingu posted:

I bet you couldn’t make that jump.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
When the game wants you to always use the Finishing Move but it's the same long-rear end animation every time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Simply Simon posted:

When the game wants you to always use the Finishing Move but it's the same long-rear end animation every time

that animation is your reward. take glory in your kill