Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
give me Jan vs Glover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Yeah, I don't know about that 10:8 in the last either, but that was absolutely the right decision

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Do they normally interview the loser of title fights first?

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

that's an honest win there. Jan landed jabs, body kicks, counters and got big takedowns and stayed on top. wtf why are you interviewing the loser

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Don't see this fight going any other way if it happens again, especially after Jan saw how effective those takedowns were. Izzy just had nothing

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

jan looked great out there, and despite starting to gas a bit in the last few rounds he kept the pace and ground out those takedowns. great fight.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Aye Doc posted:

you should go re-watch those rounds, maybe with the sound off so you can focus

Commentary was so loving bad tonight. It's always obvious when they're trying to push a narrative but it felt especially bad for that fight.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

49-45 is a bad score. Izzy won the first three.

Big yikes

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Stealth Tiger posted:

that's an honest win there. Jan landed jabs, body kicks, counters and got big takedowns and stayed on top. wtf why are you interviewing the loser

They usually do for decisions/main events?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Probably the best way for Izzy to lose and save face. They went toe to toe and size played a factor but he didn’t get finished or embarrassed

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

jan: i was not impresed by his per-for-mance

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I'm happy Jan won, there's just something about izzy's personality I find grating so I root against him

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Turns out weight classes matter, weird

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Stealth Tiger posted:

it's just cause the interview is out of the Octagon now. I thin Izzy just got out their faster to the interview spot.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
I’m so tired of joe rogan

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yeah, I don't know about that 10:8 in the last either, but that was absolutely the right decision

If being clearly saved by the bell after getting roughed up for half the round doesn't qualify as a 10-8 then they shouldn't exist.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Hard to dislike either of these dudes.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

izzy won 3-2 but not my problem they were close rounds & it wasnt robbery or anything

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

G-Hawk posted:

Turns out weight classes matter, weird

I hate it when reality crushes my kung fu movie & karate upbringing :(

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

ghost n stuff

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

The Automator posted:

I’m so tired of joe rogan

It really feels like he's getting worse to me

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I was hoping weight classes exist for a reason logic would prevail to be honest but I was flashing back to forrest griffin v anderson silva and thinking its a rule of thumb. Good for Jan.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

chaleski posted:

It really feels like he's getting worse to me
I think getting paid 200 million dollars for the podcast of you talking absolute poo poo will do that.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Death Rope > Death Note

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Israel didn't do all that bad for someone who jumped 20lbs in weight against the best wrestler and fighter in the division.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

LobsterMobster posted:

Death Rope > Death Note

This would be an excellent thread title

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

Israel didn't do all that bad for someone who jumped 20lbs in weight against the best wrestler and fighter in the division.

Nah, he just wasn’t quite as quick as he is when he’s smaller, but he did fine and clearly still had power.

Jan landed that jab all night and rogan refuses to believe that.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

LobsterMobster posted:

Death Rope > Death Note
:allears:

these will never cease to be my favorite threads

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

The Automator posted:

Nah, he just wasn’t quite as quick as he is when he’s smaller, but he did fine and clearly still had power.

Jan landed that jab all night and rogan refuses to believe that.

Jabs and body kicks don't count if you don't want them to.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Joey McChrist posted:

jan looked great out there, and despite starting to gas a bit in the last few rounds he kept the pace and ground out those takedowns. great fight.

jan gassed then realized he could just spend 6 of the final 10 minutes laying on top of izzy who never had a prayer of escaping

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

LobsterMobster posted:

Death Rope > Death Note
Yep. :five:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/11732/Jan-Blachowicz-vs-Israel-Adesanya

i am glad that the media scorecards agree with my interpretation of the fight so that i can post this here and feel empowered

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

punk rebel ecks posted:

GLOVER IS WAITING

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Jabs and body kicks don't count if you don't want them to.

Izzy making Jan bite on faints > Jan actually landing on Izzy, apparently

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Mr. Nice! posted:

49-45 is a bad score. Izzy won the first three.

Aljamain, you should be getting looked after, my friend.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Yan vs Sandhagen for an interim belt? And fairly soon?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

CommonShore posted:

Make sandhagen deal with dillashaw first unless sterling is sidelined for a long time

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

G-Hawk posted:

Make sandhagen deal with dillashaw first unless sterling is sidelined for a long time

I'm assuming that Sterling will be out for a long time. He was super hosed up.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

CommonShore posted:

Did Aljo die or something?

Also, what about Tyler Jyler Dylershaw, he should be coming off suspension soon I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

LobsterMobster posted:

Did Aljo die or something?

Also, what about Tyler Jyler Dylershaw, he should be coming off suspension soon I think

Sandhagen in fact said the UFC offered him a title eliminator against Dillashaw.