Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

MassRafTer posted:

The first time in ages I have seen a Cornette clip circulating for reasons unrelated to him being lovely:

https://twitter.com/OTD_in_WWE/status/1654948734155862017

"He'll just go places and do things for money" Well gosh Jim, I thought the point of wrestling was to make money and the marks were the ones doing it for other reasons.

Maybe he's mad that Eric's doing the legends grift wrong. You're not supposed to actually do wrestling-related poo poo, you're supposed to sit in your in your house and talk about how much wrestling sucks unless it's done exactly the same way it was done in South Carolina in 1979!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

If WWE couldn't make money off NFTs why the hell does TNA think they'll somehow do better?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

What was his opinion on Punk before this? I'm gonna assume he hated Punk and wanted him dead for signing with AEW to begin with but now that Punk is the Anti-Elite he worships the guy.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

weekly font posted:

I like that he calls people cosplay wrestlers when his gimmick for cena was “terminator” and his gimmick for batista was “gangrel but jacked”

Also spent most of his career wearing Lupin III suits

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

What does he even expect there'd be in Discovery? Does he think this would be the moment the veil lifts and reveals AEW is all just paper mache and strings?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I mean he does seem to believe that if he somehow successfully goads AEW into suing him it'll mean they have to hand him all their financial records which will definitively prove that AEW is all some sort of scam shell company or whatever the conspiracy is this month.

Or I guess at the very least he's convinced his fans that's definitely going to happen.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

They both work for AEW so he probably thinks they should be drug into the street and shot for crimes against wrestling

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

tony kahn tried to hire every single person who has been near a wrestling ring that wasnt currently working for the WWE... except Vince Russo, hallowed be his name

To be fair he also banned Hulk Hogan for life from the company, who I'm sure is extremely devastated about this

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Hoss Corncave posted:

loving Deadlock making my immediate reaction to this being "Or maybe he's not, brother."

'No sidebread for this little dude, JACK!"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Jim's one of them Southern Democrats which basically means he's still as racist as the average Republican but can see how lovely they are in other ways

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Cornette hates Trump almost as much as he hates Women and Asian people

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

They should promote Kevin Kelly to lead commentator on Dark and not tell him they cancelled that show

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Remember when they wanted to reveal that Mustafa Ali did 9/11 in the bygone era of like, 2022

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Didn't Cornette also disown Jim Ross for the crime of getting paid by AEW as well?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

corny is probably in the top 2% most progressive men in his age bracket from his part of the world

And even then he still hates women, black people, gay people, trans people, etc etc.

He just hates Trump alongside them.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

He's definitely called Kenny Omega a pedophile before for wrestling "Japanese Schoolgirls"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

"Yeah but he hates Trump sooooo checkmate"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

When a guy has a reputation for saying insanely racist stuff so often it's cost him multiple jobs he doesn't really get the luxury of the benefit of the doubt when he does something that looks insanely racist on the surface even if it actually isn't it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

If you hear someone make a racist joke you should probably just assume they're making an innocent reference to a 75 year old movie unless proven otherwise.

Also it's wild that the defense to the fried chicken thing as "Well it wasn't a joke about black people it was a joke about starving people cause there was a famous famine that he's probably referring to" as if mocking an event where thousands of people starved to death is a perfectly normal thing to do???