Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Dawgstar posted:

It is crazy the talent that got honed in IWA. Every early card I see from them read's like The Indies' Who's Who of the 00's. The women too, of course. Didn't Prazak start SHIMMER because he saw them come through IWA-MS and was like 'hey, there's enough women wrestlers to run a promotion?'

I think the really crazy one is who went through the CZW school under DJ Hyde. It's a who's who of mainstream main eventers now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
How soon we forget Jose Cansecos epic entry into the super hluk tournament

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
HRM yes a convicted felon who almost killed David Arquette in front of a live audience, this is somebody I can get heat on for a program. You would think with the amount cornette complains about everything being fake now he would love somebody living their gimmick.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

rotinaj posted:

Cornette would never break kayfabe enough to press charges

There's such good HEAT there

He really killed kayfabe when he sued g raver

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

there’s a legitimate argument that the dominance of the Marvel model has severely reduced the stylistic diversity of Hollywood filmmaking, to the detriment of the art form as a whole. There are fewer and fewer big budget non-Cinematic Universe films released each year.

Whereas with wrestling there is more professionally produced high level wrestling, of diverse styles, than there has been in over 20 years

On the other hand the Marvel model provides money to be used as working capital for small directors to make passion projects after delivering a huge film like Thor Ragnarok.

Delivering a good MCU project also gives the director the clout to pitch something more out there and have it be green lit.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

I'm sure advertisers want to be associated with a guy using trans identity as a heel move

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

IGgy IGsen posted:

Pretty much, he also really wanted them to know he does a side slam.

E: Oh, there we go, vid above.

It's the Brian Alvarez line 'the goal is to do as little as possible while still making the fans happy'

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Get Kenny to do a eulogy for cornette in his full post match send the fans home happy without further adieu pomp

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

edogawa rando posted:

It's, as Brian Zane pointed out, is mentioned, part of a cacophony of angry white men on the internet, going into a collective hysterical screaming fit and conniptions over poo poo, no matter how hypocritical or idiotic it makes them appear, which is then mindlessly regurgitated by a troop of Notice Me Senpai wannabes like that Girl on Cinema pillock, you know, the losers who make "popular thing" not appealing to them the entirety of their personality.

Like, let people enjoy poo poo, you fossilised plum.

Hey, it's a better film that people remember it being, and holds up remarkably well all things considered, and Brendan Fraser deserved better.

Bryan last seems to be starting to get fed up with cornette not recognising AEW is putting on good shows

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
It seems weird that hazing people with a broom makes you tough (JBL) but doing shoot fights doesn't (omega)

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

coconono posted:

the best song of the same species is "I Alone" by Live.

Not alone by starkill, also from the superior Canada

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Alaois posted:

man, wait until he sees a move like the leg drop

This one time I saw a guy sell a bump by slowly wriggling off a platform then dangling for a bit then taking a lovely bump. Imagine how cornette would react if he saw that.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
He and Bryan last are massive danhausen marks

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

weekly font posted:

This is a stretch. They think he talks funny and Cornette refuses to watch a match cause he knows he’ll hate him if he did.

They spent a decent amount of time talking about how smart his teeth gimmick is as well.

It flies in the face of their belief funny doesn't draw money.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Eat My Fuc posted:

11 loving hours

The most cursed thing is it is only part one

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
In a way cornette is right that a 15 minute spot fest is unhealthy and lacks the artistry of a 3 hour long Kings road struggle but it tastes great and everyone can enjoy it so in closing gently caress off cornette give me my cheeseburgers.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

coconono posted:

is Dave licking the burgers so cornette can't have any

Dave is worried cornette wants to get a trainee to eat the burgers while he watches and is trying to protect them from the Booker man

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

coconono posted:

Jim Cornette talking for 50 minutes about Sammy Guevara, a professional in an industry Cornette is only periodically involved in at a tertiary level.

Sammy's kittens are more influential on modern wrestling than cornette

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
Dave mentioned that Fowler tried to organise a send nice messages to riho thing because the cornette fuckos had got so hosed she left social media. Said same fuckos tried to sneak more abuse into the send nice messages batch.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Not even a stroke around the font

smh

Using the stroke would be gimmick infringement

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

The one guy nobody who saw it happen will talk to us the only guy telling the truth

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
I can see cornettes point. Women have been invited of all brawls between glorious, rational warriors since Helen wouldn't just get back in the kitchen and make Menelaus a sandwich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

edogawa rando posted:

Huh, I wonder what ever happened to this fuckwit.

Making an onlyfans when your core demo is bigots probably didn't end well