Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

https://clips.twitch.tv/PluckyWrongPandaPunchTrees-Kp130xJPWR2S4gtX

Kip weighs in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

Is Cornette really like touting his chances in a physical altercation with a 300 pound trained wrestler when Cornette is a 60 year old man and looks increasingly like a statue sculpted of warm butter?

To be unreasonably fair on him, my read on it is that Cornette is offering a war of words (which is why he references Miro learning English), not a fight.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

All wrestling adjacent podcasts are sponsored by bluechew because wrestlers love abusing prescription medications and having sex, so combining the two is a clear winner.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Duke Pukem posted:

Why not both?

Anyway, its pretty telling that he chose basketball instead of MMA where women have been proven draws. Corny wont let nothin take away from his narrative

He’s not trying to say they’re draws though so MMA wouldn’t work for the point he’s making. (That doesn’t make it ok though, it’s still a lovely racist picture)

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Never forget

https://mobile.twitter.com/thejimcornette/status/405356913535115264?lang=en

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/412422147575787521

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Real weird to fantasise about a guy who’s already done a stint in jail doing something that guarantees he goes back there as though it would be cool and good, as much as Cornette deserves whatever comes his way.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He is the epitome of “times were different” and there’s no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt about a drat thing.

Dude’s a piece of poo poo through and through.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

RottenK posted:

has he said anything about the crowd pops that Dark Order and Hangman are getting

if i remember right Jim insists that the dark order are still as disliked as they were back when they first arrived and were just Uno and Stu with some weird gimps and no story (i always liked the dark order, screw you jim), and that hangman used to be a rising star but that his sad cowboy storyline and association with the order has ruined him, so what's his excuse for the crowd reaction to them now that crowds are back

The crowd chant Cowboy poo poo when they are bored of Hangman being there and they want him to go away.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Whenever someone he likes shows up at AEW he just crows about how good it is that they’re taking that stupid mark’s money and working him into thinking he’s a real promoter.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

Gotta say they did something well if you want to say they hosed it up in a weeks time.

It’ll be ruined when he gives too much (read: anything) to Darby at All Out.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

There is no UK scene anymore, plague and noncing killed it dead.

With that said I have to imagine it was one of his favourite scenes because they were all diddling kids, just like his favourite 80s guys were.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Boy I wonder which match he would have bumped for it

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Yeah, him talking about size in that clip makes zero sense since Shida and Deeb are practically the same size.

Neither of them is built like an 80s dad so they are both too small.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Why is she a foot though

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I always thought Shane McMahon did the indeed voice

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Deer are considered pests in a lot of places so this is an easy one, smdh

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nobody knows because nobody listens to him anymore

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Those are the only people who listen to him

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Very weird that a carny would just tell lies like this

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

lol

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They’re the only wrestlers he likes now because on paper they’re 80s brawlers and that’s good enough for him.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Don’t watch any mainstream wrestling from before like 2015 because oh boy you aren’t gonna like what you see

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s Brian First and as you can see he is very disappointed with how his son turned out

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Epic Rereg (from being banned) Guy

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

IGgy IGsen posted:

A wise man once said:
"I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally."
-Slayer, probably

Yes, and lol

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Dacap posted:

He's clearly a South Park guy based on his thumbnails

Nah he got worked hard when they killed the dog, and took personal credit for them bringing him back like 3 episodes later (which had clearly already been produced before they ever aired the one where he died).

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

From the jump you can hear the venom in his voice that the other driver was a woman

As always, gently caress Jim Cornette

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Halloween Jack posted:

Cornette isn't even a leftist; I have no idea how anyone got that idea. He's extremely angry at Republicans whenever the topic comes up, but so are a lot of Democrats his age.

The enemy of my enemy is still a misogynistic racist apparently

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s just the annual visit from some Cornette fan upset that his problematic fave is such a monumental dipshit he gets to have his own containment thread, nbd

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Never forget

https://mobile.twitter.com/thejimcornette/status/405356913535115264?lang=en

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/412422147575787521

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Has he ever sold a cornfederate flag I think his fans would really like it

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lid posted:

Usually this would be a gotcha but given this is about Mark and Jay who literally wore confederate ring gear at times in both shorts and headbands and title belts it might be a bit of an own goal.

Yeah but their names don’t lend themselves to any good racist flag puns so :shrug:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

So Corny wants it back to when he thinks people were more gullible? Even if like 90 percent or more people still knew it was all pre-determined, even the backwoods sons of the soil in Bucksnort, Tennessee?

Yeah because his entire gimmick is that one “lol I was just pretending” meme writ large.

At some point along the way he’s switched from remembering that he might ever have enjoyed wrestling for what it is to mostly just enjoying the feeling that he was some kind of awesome puppet master tricking people and making them believe in the illusions.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The Hausu Usher posted:

Hi, brainless here. I'm listening to the show and this segment just now. I think the quoted comments are the edgiest things in the conversation, which essentially is boiling down to:

edit: Just to be clear the sentences in quotes below are basically my abbreviated summary of the discussion between Jim Cornette and Brian Last:

"Yeah the internet sucks. We also get death threats on our family all the time, we block them.

People assuming it's the fault of Cornette and his fans (and attacking them) are assuming a lot (Brian Last flub at making a ReVeNgE aSsUmPtiOn on Kenny Omega - Omega's comments about American fans harassing Riho is why they brought up Hana Kimura, I don't think that was needed at all).

Don't harass anyone."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY-1rVFPWEA

I don't agree with everything Cornette says, btw, but since you referred to me. I don't like 99% of comments he makes about women's wrestling in general. I also don't like what Hasan Abi said about the Hogwarts game or his failed allyship with the transgender community - but I'm not assumed to be a brainless bastard because I still listen to a bunch of his content.

Cool now explain why it’s alright that Brian Last said maybe she got off twitter because she’s in an abusively controlling relationship with Kenny Omega and people should think about that instead before they blame the innocent souls of twitter.com

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

No you literally have to pay transaction fees (usually referred to as ‘gas’) to put your NFTs onto the blockchain in the first place before you can sell them.

They have to be paid every time the NFT changes hands too because it’s grifts all the way down.

Everything about NFTs is even stupider than you first imagine.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I mean if that doesn’t tell you which side is right then what the gently caress would

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Misogyny probably makes up more of his bullshit than people really give weight to, I guess it just doesn’t come up as regularly as a talking point in such a heavily male-dominated industry where there are naturally just less women to talk about so less opportunity to do so.

When he was talking about Jay Briscoe’s accident and the other driver being “some woman” you could really hear the contempt in his voice he was carrying for the fact it was a woman driving the other vehicle.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

little munchkin posted:

here's my fantasy booking scenario for wrestlemania:

You are Adam Cole and I claim my £5

That username wasn’t even a very good disguise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If Billy Gunn can still go at 60 I don’t see why the rock can’t