Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I've long been a republican (not the US type, the UK anti-monarchy type) but I got to chip in and say that the Prince Andrew no sweat interview pretty much justified public spending on the royals in entertainment factor

Also lol if you're still surprised that a royal family in 2021 is an elitist, racist, misogynistic and inbred relic of a by-gone era

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Can't wait to hear what Gibbo, Burnsy and Cheeks have to say about this

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

Did anyone address the fact that the royal family had a deformed child 200 years ago and sealed him up in a secret room? And that he's still alive and comes out to feast on the flesh of innocents, slaughtered by the Royal Family to appease him?

Why isn't Oprah asking the REAL questions here???

The queen married him so its not really a secret these days

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I can't wait to move away from this stupid backwards country with it's relic loving monarchy, and move somewhere civilised like Canada, New Zealand or Papua New Guinea

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

DGC773 posted:

The child is still seventh in line to the throne..... no one is contesting that at all and no one cares what colour the Childs skin is.

Do you sweat?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

DGC773 posted:

Absolutely no way. Racism in the US is ingrained in it's society. The UK has never had segregation and does not have the same level of social division that the US has. London is one of the most multicultural cities in the world and there is no issue with police brutality.

How many bullets to the face did it take to stop that terrorist running and jumping barriers* onto the Tube?
(*slightly tanned man walking normally)

It's worth reading about the the colour bar if you want to understand what segregation was like in the UK, and just how deep rooted racism is here. Also, casual racism is absolutely everywhere here, and entirely reenforced by the same media class that go after Meghan time and time again. I mean the whole country revels a national 'hero' whose genocides in India potentially killed more than the holocaust.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

The answer is 7, and a few elsewhere.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

DGC773 posted:

How many people die each year in the UK because of the police?

How many people die each year in the US because of the police?

I don't disagree that racism is present in the UK. But it is not overt nor as impactful as it is in the US

Fewer than in the USA, sure. But black people are still more likely to die in custody here than white people.

https://assets.publishing.service.g..._Accessible.pdf

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I wonder what it is about her that the totally Not Racist uk media don't like

Now imagine these stories are constantly being churned out. gently caress I hate the royals but good on them for wanting out.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

DGC773 posted:

The media have always been a bunch of twats to people. Especially women in the Royal family. Kate was hounded when she was first rumoured to be going out with Will

Show us some comparisons then

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

DGC773 posted:

Of what? I am telling you that women in the RF have always been hounded by the media in some way or another. Not that it makes it right...
Burden of proof? You've made a claim so back it up or you'll look silly

Would love to see the articles where the press said that Kate doesn't look like royalty, but not really explain why (it's obvious), like they did with Meghan

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I wasn't saying there wasn't press coverage of both of them, it's the difference in the coverage with very unsubtle reasoning. See below for a front page I'd like to see an equivalent to.

Your argument seems to be that Meghan getting transparently racist hounding in the press doesn't matter because other royals are also hounded in the press

The same way as were saying on the last page that Britain being massively racist doesn't matter because theres racism in other countries too.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

DGC773 posted:

In the last 25 years UK police have killed 57 people.

In February 2021 US police have killed 60 people.

But yeah okay the UK is the one with the problem!

In 2019 Brazilian police were involved in 5,804 deaths

In 2019 US police were involved in 1,536 deaths

But yeah okay the US is the one with the problem!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

DGC773 posted:

Only hillbilly lefties and UK haters dislike the RF.

and people who dislike nonces

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

fridge corn posted:

gently caress the royal family. Strip them of their lands and titles imo

:yossame::yeah:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

why has no-one stopped the reddit av lunatic from posting a million times a minute lol

I'm 99% certain he's prince Andrew

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

"tell.me.youre white without saying you're white"

DGC773 posted:

So in conclusion:

Royal Family are OP.
The Monarchy is an integral part of British society and should remain so.
The vast majority of the public do not want an elected head of state.
The vast majority of the public support the Queen and the Royal Family.
The issues of police brutality are relatively not an issue for the UK.
Racism in the UK and US are two entirely different things. Both with are rooted in different perspectives and experiences.
The media are twats.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I bet Meghan doesn't even like Nice n Spicy Nic Nacs

Unfit to be a royal!!!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Fried Watermelon posted:

In all my travels the british were the people who treated me the worst. Just a total disdain for any foreigners. The first person I spoke to upon landing at the airport in the UK gave me poo poo for daring to stay longer than 2 weeks (Canadians are allowed up to 6 months with no visa), not believing me when I said I could afford to travel, detained me while letting my SO go through. Let me through after making me wait in their holding area for an hour.

Next time I went through the border I figured oh I'll just get a travel visa so all of this is taken care of beforehand. Nope. Even though I told the british government how long I stayed previously, paid for the additional 6 month travel visa, AND got it approved by them. I was still given poo poo by the border agents. These are the first people that a traveler will meet when they visit your country. How do you gently caress this up so hard? It will cloud a visitors entire experience.

Visiting China was easier. They are racist but at least they want your money. Brits seemed like they were doing you a favor for letting you into their country.

No European country gave a poo poo when they saw my Canadian passport. Neither did the US, at least with flights.

You made a very simple.mistake: visiting the UK

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Who What Now posted:

So have we decided whether or not racism exists in the UK?

only against white males

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

UK is a racist country, according to noted non-whites, the Irish

The Irish have a lot of good reasons to hate us

But since they created Mrs Brown's Boys they equilised it.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

The Queen is both a slow waving autocue drone and an insane blood thirsty assassin.

Like other reptiles, the amount of activity she can carry out is imited by her blood temperature. As explain in David Attenborough's fantastic series 'Life without Sweat' the royals are a well studied diurnal reptilian species and have historically used the warmth of the day to carry out that blood lust, racism and general noncing.

Of course, with the advent of technology, the queen can now incubate in a heat pod for up to 12 hours to enable her to carry out such work in the dark, allowing her to leave the palace in the cover of night for Tinder dates, or go on excursions to Paris just after midnight.

Of course, whilst her Maj loves the charging pod her cousin and husband Phillip bought her for her birthday, she still enjoys the energy giving properties of the sun and much like her ancestors before her will stand in the sun waving for periods of time, whilst her blood temperature is warmed.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

30 new.posts in an hour! Did the queen kill again?

Nope it's food chat, and it's all Bad Opinions

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Elizabeth II, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of her other realms and territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith

is definitely titled

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

BBC sent me a notification that Wills has said the royals aren't racist, despite what the black woman says

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Excelzior posted:

why is he Prince Philip and not King-Consort Philip anyways

besides sexism

He didn't want the initials KP as it would have meant a long legal battle with some sauce

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

DGC773 posted:

bBc ShOulD bE iMpArTiAl

BBC should be loving axed mate

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

The crystal I wear around my neck contains an essence that gets recharged when I am racist. It gives me confidence at work, home, social situations, etc. It has allowed me to live to long past my expiration date. Nobody knows about my racism crystal but me and my wife. I have seen it glow white whilst meeting some Indians that's how I know this is real.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

It'd stop them sending me aggressive letters every year asking if I own a TV, I'm all for it.

They know you do cos they scanned your house from their van

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Cuckoldingshire

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Torquemada posted:

Cuckingham Palace?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

shell be spinnin in her grave hun

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Gibbo and Burnsy going live on the BBC right now to confirm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Who What Now posted:

If that's the case then she really will live forever.

I'm okay with this

Having an eternal old bat who occasionally waves is far less embarrassing for the UK than the national mourning that will happen upon her demise