Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I'd quite like a job as a Royal Watcher to offer my insights to the Sun, the Mirror, the Daily Sun, and the Daily Mirror but should the ruddy Times you call tell them I'm indisposed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Pawn 17 posted:

What kind of no life weirdos care about the royal family at all?

It's a long standing, well regarded, and legitimate profession in certain circles!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Well I think they're lovely. A bit of class never hurt nobody. Plus, it's tradition, innit? You go on Oprah, slag off the Queen, and then she does you in. Time honoured.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
My mate Andy reckons he saw Harry and Meghan on the Millennium Wheel last year. Him - head hanging out of a gondola chuckin' his guts up all over the poor sods below. Her - arse hangin' out havin' a slash. He says they had aura about 'em. You could tell just by lookin' that they was cast from a different mould.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Come on show some respect. He lost his mum at a young age and she's probably had to listen to him have a moan about it.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Now see here. One does not of course discount the existence of amateurs masquerading as professional Royal Watchers and that less reputable publications (the Times for example) might be taken in by these charlatans. However, a well trained and accredited Royal Watcher is a rich well of Royals Knowledge that would we would be ill advised to discount. To suggest otherwise is, I believe, to unfairly mischaracterise one of the eldest and most respected professions in Britain.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Zombiepop posted:

Lol imagine marrying into the royal family and having suicidal thoughts... Maybe a therapist would do lil lady? Must be hard being a rich gently caress, Oh no suicidal thoughts and I couldnt get help from the royals. :qq:

Meanwhile the plebs children are killing themselves every singel day without any of the help or hope they are promised every single loving day.

Get hosed bitch family. Get hosed Meghan. Whiny spoiled brat, figure you would fit right in amongst the inbred royals. Oh no they did a racism... Well yeah, you know minoritys are killed every day and you married a loving Prince?!? Get some perspective rear end in a top hat.

I've had just about enough of this. Need I remind you that she is a princess and thus far more sensitive than a calloused and uncouth peasant. Take, for example, the tale of the Princess and the Pea wherein a princess was able to feel but a single pea beneath many layers of mattresses and blankets.

Perhaps it is you that should get some perspective and display a little more sympathy for someone who feels the slings and arrows of this world more keenly than you.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

A Fancy Hat posted:

Did anyone address the fact that the royal family had a deformed child 200 years ago and sealed him up in a secret room? And that he's still alive and comes out to feast on the flesh of innocents, slaughtered by the Royal Family to appease him?

Why isn't Oprah asking the REAL questions here???

This is a horrible thing to say. Prince Charles may have large ears but he's certainly no 200 year old freak.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
We could call new money Charlies and old money Queenies.

Give us two charlies worth of toffee would ya.

That'll be three queenies.

Three queenies? What is this? Brighton or something?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Zombiepop posted:

She could you know see a therapist or something? Not turn to the royal family? But whatever keep your hot take you royalist.

She did see a therapist - Oprah.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Remember when Harry dressed as Hitler for Halloween?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Royals are so lucky. If only there was an unambiguous list of the people I had to kill to gain ultimate power. I don't even know who this Miss Tindall lady is but she's just has to kill 17 (18 if you count the current Queen I guess) people to become Queen. I know it sounds like a lot but honestly it's a very achievable goal. Those people meet up for barbeques and balls all the time.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

DGC773 posted:

Do you really think we have the same issue with police brutality as the US do......

It's amazing how the word no can mean so many different things to different people. For example I might say that there is no beer in my house and by that mean that there is no beer in my house. You however may interpret that to mean that there is beer in my house but not the same quantities that one might find in a brewery.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

DGC773 posted:

Stop thinking Britain is like America because the issues in the UK are completely different.

Tell that to the 5 sods what was done in by old bill. Don't reckon they'd be havin' a bubble about it.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

DGC773 posted:

Show me a country in the world that doesn't have the police killing people who are committing a crime? UK police are extremely low on the police killing statistics despite being a western country and having a large prison population

Iceland, Switzerland, and Denmark. All countries that the UK modelled itself after and yet have none of the endemic police violence. Now I'm not saying British people (and by association British police) are inherently violent but it's certainly some interesting data to consider.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

DGC773 posted:

Have you seen the population sizes of those three countries?

Iceland: 360,000
Switzerland: 8,600.000
Denmark: 5,800,000
UK: 66,700,000

UK police rank way way way down there on international rankings when it comes to police deaths. Relative to the US the UK has no problem. People need to stop associating US issues with the rest of the world.

Let me ask you: How is it that 360,000 Icelandians can solve the problem of police violence while 66,700,000 Brits still struggle with the issue every day? Are Icelandians just so much smarter that it takes a mere 360,000 of them to solve a problem that 66,700,000 Brits cannot?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

DGC773 posted:

Iceland has very high high education rates, very high employment rates, significant social benefits. As well as it being largely a homogenous society I imagine these all lead to it not having a big issue with crime.

Let's use a hypothetical for an example. Let's say there's a suspect in a jewellery heist being interviewed by the police. One of the cops is Icelandian, the other British, and the suspect is a Spaniard.

During the interview the Icelandian cop extracts a confession and cooperation leading to the arrest of a larger organized gang of jewel thieves from the suspect while the British cop beats him to death with an asp.

Why might things have turned out that way?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

DGC773 posted:

Ah yes the hypothetical magical event that has neven happened in the modern police force.

Wrong! This happened just last year in Belgium.

To answer the question as to why: the British cop was jealous of the Icelandians success in extracting a confession.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

DGC773 posted:

We are talking about the UK police here. This entire thread has been comparing the US and UK police.

We're talking about the out of control violence in the UK police force as demonstrated by a British bobby caving in his Icelandian colleague's skull in out of petty envy. That it didn't happen on UK soil isn't the point.

I don't know of any cases a US cop brutally murdering an Icelandiain cop he was working with in a joint Interpol taskforce. Do you?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Everyone's against inbreeding up until your only prospect for marriage is your cousin in the village downstream. You would not have to go back very far in your family tree before it's all just cousins marrying cousins.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
When I was a young man I attended a presentation by a gentleman named David Icke. During this presentation a woman came up on stage that had allegedly worked in Buckingham Palace in some kind custodial role. She went on to describe in detail times she had witnessed the Queen and Prince Phillip transform into savage lizard-like beings. During these transformations - these metamorphoses - children would be bought in to be devoured alive. Scared the pants off me. I'll never go to Buckingham Palace. No thank you. I'll get my thrills elsewhere.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
There are bananas less inbred than the average Englishman.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I don't think it's ok to say that you'd like to have sex with the corpses of the British Royal Family. I think it's wrong. Nobody deserves that. Not the Queen, not Taylor Swift, not anyone!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Look I don't want to be a stick in the mud and I feel quite silly bringing it up again since nobody else seems to mind but I just feel that it's a little on the nose for someone to come into this thread say that they wouldn't mind giving the Queen's corpse bit of the old in and out. I wouldn't go into a Katy Perry thread and say, you know, similar things and I just think people should show a bit of respect.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

crispix posted:

if you're bored some time try finding the episode of it's a knockout with the royals on

she's completely, unapologetically mental

This may be a must watch it has Rowan Atkinson as Blackadder adjudicating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97ZMC8cV3to

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Waterbed Wendy posted:

meghan likes to eat french bread pizza.

That bloody yank strumpet! British fare not good enough for her is it? Got to have something from the continent does she? :argh:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Pawn 17 posted:

Whoa there friend have some fish and chips with a side of bangers and mash to calm yourself.

I will. Thank you mate, I needed that. Bloody strumpets..

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Remember when someone took pictures of Princess Fergie having her toes sucked and they kicked her out of the royals? Or when the Prince Charles Camilla Parker Bowls phone sex tapes dropped? This royal drama is so tame in comparison.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Charles: What about me? The trouble is I need you several times a week.

Camilla: Mmmm, so do I. I need you all the week. All the time.

Charles: Oh. God. I'll just live inside your trousers or something. It would be
much easier!

Camilla: (laughing) "what are you going to turn into, a pair of knickers?

Both laugh

Camilla: Oh, You're your'e going to come back as a pair of knickers.

Charles: Or, God forbid a Tampax. Just my luck! (Laughs)

Camilla: You are a complete idiot (Laughs) Oh, what a wonderful idea.

Charles: My luck to be chucked down the lavatory and go on and on forever
swirling round on the top, never going down.

Camilla: (Laughing) Oh, Darling!

Charles: Until the next one comes through.

Camilla: Oh, perhaps you could come back as a box.

Charles: What sort of box?

Camilla: A box of Tampax, so you could just keep going.

Charles: That's true.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I never realised how cute eels were before. They're adorable. Those poor little fellas.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You mean they're still alive? Oh my god! :(

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Mulaney Power Move posted:

you dont know poo poo crybaby. those are sardines.

I know the difference between eels and sardines - none better. I knew they were sardines the whole time. If you got the impression that I mistook the things in the pie for eels then sorry that's on you.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Is Prince Phillip still alive today

Puny mortal, your concept of life is limited and pathetic. Does he live according to the meagre weights and measures your low kind use to judge such things? No. Does his dread spirit thrive in the wretched and shrivelled husk it inhabits? Praise be, yes! A thousand times yes!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Yeah but he has to eat the English, so, you know. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I challenge anyone to hear the words "helicopter mechanic" and not immediately start making helicopter noises. Chocka-chocka-chocka-chocka-chocka or however it's spelled.