Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
when I was a kid I used to go to this one BK all the time because it was right next to the mall my mom used to drag me to. it had this detached building in the parking lot separate from the BK with a bunch of sliding windows, like an ice cream stand. even when I was a kid, this little building was closed and completely empty. I told myself I was gonna go and ask the manager or whoever what the gently caress it was for and wrap up the mystery, but the BK closed several years ago and I never asked. so now I turn to the greatest fast food forum on the internet to help me figure out what this poo poo used to be here on the left

was it literally an ice cream stand? obviously it was supposed to be some kind of walk up service due to the bollards in front but what could they have possibly made and sold out of such a tiny little building? there's no way there was a grill or anything inside right? did anybody else have a BK with one of these goofy things on the property?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
BK Glory Hole never took off.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

it just looks like the property was built originally as something else and it was like a walk-up window for ice cream or something. knocking that poo poo down would cost money :shrug:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Crusty Nutsack posted:

it just looks like the property was built originally as something else and it was like a walk-up window for ice cream or something. knocking that poo poo down would cost money :shrug:

but they went through the time, money, and effort to pay someone to paint it the exact same color scheme as the BK building? that don't make much sense either

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

secret sandwiches were available if you were pure of heart and able to solve the Burger King's riddles

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

my guess: burger kings are franchises so whoever built that location had the idea to make a walk up ice cream stand, and could just do it. it turns out that's an extremely stupid idea because anyone it would serve could just walk a few feet into the restaurant, so they just kept it empty. it's possible that it was built, someone immediately realized how stupid it was, and they never used it.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

YOU DARE ENTER MY REALM? CAN YOU COMPREHEND THE MYSTERIES OF THE CHEESE SLICE?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
That's where you buy tickets to get in to the Burger King.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Aardvark! posted:

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Aardvark! posted:

lol

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Aardvark! posted:

dane cook wasn't loving around when he was talking about the BK Lounge i guess

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My guess OP is that was a used car lot at some point.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Shoe rental hut

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

it occurred to me that I could harness the power of historical satellite imagery to do some sleuthing. looks like it was built with the burger king in 1973 and the property has never been anything other than a BK. they were doing all kinds of crazy poo poo in the 70s so maybe the true original purpose is lost to the sands of time

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Probably a rumpus room then. Knotty pine walls, burnt orange curtains, mustard yellow carpet. Magnavox Odyssey hooked up to a 20” tv.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Torquemada posted:

Probably a rumpus room then. Knotty pine walls, burnt orange curtains, mustard yellow carpet. Magnavox Odyssey hooked up to a 20” tv.

lol i buy this because this BK had a weird rear end back room that i assume was for birthday parties at one point but ended up becoming the BK gently caress hut. two tables, no chairs

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

barnold posted:

but they went through the time, money, and effort to pay someone to paint it the exact same color scheme as the BK building? that don't make much sense either

they probably thought it was worth the small cost to not have an ugly mismatched building in their parking lot, op

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

It could have been a film development shop. They could be way small and they used to be everywhere

quick e : but it does have 3 windows which would be weird

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
chicken coop. farm to table. local.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
It looks like a tourist info stand or something :iiam:

Legit suggestion, try asking on NextDoor.com, there are lots of old people on it, ready to tell you how good the old days were.

piss boner
May 17, 2003

I was thinking external freezer but the windows and the air conditioner wouldn't make sense. Chalk it up to the crazy 70's and go with the external soft-serv theory.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

I know it makes no sense whatsoever because they had to be raised up and the location on the street and parking lot wouldn't work, but it reminds me of a projection booth for a drive in theater.

The one out here used to (or maybe still does) have the same octagonal shape or however many screens they had set up on the roof of the central bathrooms and concessions stand building so no one was driving or walking between it and the screens, with the projectors pointed out in a wagon wheel type formation to all the screens surrounding it in the distance.

Again there is no way that's what it is based on it's position but it reminded me of that just looking at the design.

The ice cream shack sounds the most likely, but,

Charles posted:

Legit suggestion, try asking on NextDoor.com, there are lots of old people on it, ready to tell you how good the old days were.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it's the shake shack, obviously

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Looks like one of the labs they used for human experiments. See back before "have it your way", they wanted to figure out exactly which way people wanted it by telepathy.

Enter their top-secret LSD burger program, BK Ultra.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Could also be one of those little espresso/coffee shops that are around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

-___________________-