Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
b]Problem description:[/b]

Asus H81M-PLUS motherboard, booted into EUFI fine, could see all systems and attached media, CPU etc. Attempted to install Windows 10 from USB, files copied across, install going fine, when it got to a restart step it didn’t boot again: Since then, no combination of connected components, video from the graphics card or onboard, or any type of activity is seeing a boot menu. There’s literally nothing at all.

Attempted fixes: What have you tried to do to resolve the problem?

Unplugged all attached components, nothing.
Reset CMOS battery, nothing.
Reset RTC jumpers on the board, nothing.

Downloaded the latest edition of the bios from the manufacturers website, copied to a FAT32 formatted usb stick and renamed according to the manual instructions. Still nothing.

Recent changes: installation of windows 10.

--

Operating system: N/A

System specs:
Intel i5-4690K
Kingston HyperX DDR3 2x2GB
Asus H81M-PLUS
GeForce 730 GT

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

I’d get Windows loving up the drive partitioning or something, but it really does seem like it’s wiped the bios completely, and I’ve never thought that particularly possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Total Meatlove posted:

I’d get Windows loving up the drive partitioning or something, but it really does seem like it’s wiped the bios completely, and I’ve never thought that particularly possible.

Yeah, I'd think it was a motherboard/RAM/PSU issue before much else. Installing W10 shouldn't hurt the BIOS.

Have you tried using only one stick of RAM?

Is the machine still POSTing?

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Is this a brand new PC? Did you just build it?

Did you format or delete any existing partitions when you started the windows installer? Windows installation doesn’t (can’t) happen until the initial boot process has finished. Are you getting any POST errors (beeps)?