Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

I'm interested to see how this show is going to differentiate between itself and Dark, and what Dark is going to be once Elevation establishes itself. It feels like they might be going for a pre-brand NXT-when-it-was-good vibe, and then I guess OG Dark is full jobber city.

I assume when the pandemic is over dark goes back to just being the literal dark matches before shows while elevation becomes their original concept of NXT style thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They license this as the music? Just take out the Ospreay chants and replace them with "Tall Paul" chants.

https://youtu.be/68xRsrBCQoM

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

The radioactive...poppy?

No she's working with WWE.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Botch on that roll, oof.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jungle boy should grow a big caveman beard.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

neoaxd posted:

Someone gon' die

RIP fake Juvi.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

smarxist posted:

i want miro to come out with a corpse on his shoulder like lance one week and its cornette

Have him feud with Joey but Joey is in his Cornette get up from Halloween or whatever that was where he dressed up as him.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Faux-vi?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jesus Christ Miro.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

boxcarhobo posted:

hes got a cool look

Yeah. "Juvi"

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

MorningMoon posted:

Green looks so good on SWOLE

She looks like a post apocalyptic raider. I dig it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

Big Show is really good so far, is it just me?

He's great.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

This is an interesting commentary team because Tony isn't actually calling a lot of moves, but him and Show just kind of generally chat about what is going on in the match and so it still works

I've never really needed play by play in that manner. Like, I can see the match. Call moves when they're impressive or change the course of the match but I don't need every move called like I'm listening on the radio. Love this dynamic.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

magiccarpet posted:

Paul should probably stay away from terms such as 'selling her knee' and 'working to the hard camera'

From how they were talking about the format of this show, being giving indie and recently signed guys a chance to get in front of a camera and crowd, I honestly wouldn't mind them experimenting with this as a less kayfabe show.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Marko must be going nuts hearing Paul put him over.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

smikey posted:

Dani Jordan with the "I got some more money now for lovely tattoos on my upper arm" look

I'm gonna probably spend at least part of my government check on a lovely tattoo so I relate to her.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm not scared of cake.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I really hope they sign Dani.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The champ is on Elevation!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

This rules.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Mr. Squishy posted:

No way you can beat nakazawa

Can't nobody beat Nakazawa.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Coward Tony, sell the cool top flight hoodies.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Max better not diss Minneapolis.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

smarxist posted:

lol glory hole line :staredog:

I mean, they're rumored to exist at sex world here, but it's not SPECIFICALLY a Minneapolis diss, so I'll allow it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

xbilkis posted:

Ok, I think I've figured out the difference: Dark is the Taz/Excalibur podcast, Dark Elevation is a sim of you watching wrestling with your nice uncles

It's got a very "what I imagine wrestling commentary was like in the seventies, but in reality probably wasn't" type vibe.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

smarxist posted:

i hate when someone uses their signature move "kick to the balls" on me

I too hate fighting Jake Haegar.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They should have Darby and his crew make some vignettes for Abadon.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Who's going to be the first of Abadons opponents to react like Ash instead of a Friday the 13th victim?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

Shida kind of did when she just came out and brained her with a kendo stick pre-match

Lol I forgot about that part. She needs to replace a hand with the stick though.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I really like Hobbs in Orange.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

neoaxd posted:

Hobbs with taz colors makes me so happy. They should all wear the orange and black, dammit!

I like that all the team Taz members have taken on a different aspect of Taz. Hobbs gets the color, Cage gets the belt, Hook gets the suplexes, Ricky don't need any of that poo poo he's Ricky fuckin Starks.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

WHY IS THIS AD MIXED SO MUCH LOUDER THAN THE SHOW

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

xbilkis posted:

I read this as a "bright orange body" and now I think that would really elevate Hook as a character

Too soon for a Trump gimmick IMHO.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Nakazawa is undefeatable.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

smikey posted:

Oh, Lexy Nair is DDP's daughter. that fits.

I'm glad she's not Lexy Page. There's too many pages.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I don't mind Tony as long as he's never a heel and he only shows up in situations like this where there is justification. I don't hate authority figures though, just those in WWE.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Did we ever figure out why her song is about how much Brooklyn sucks?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Maki is gonna squash Riho and then get the title hot shotted onto her and never lose it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Vicious monster heel Maki Itoh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Great match.