Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The card....it's growing....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Ok, I think I've figured out the difference: Dark is the Taz/Excalibur podcast, Dark Elevation is a sim of you watching wrestling with your nice uncles

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Mr. Squishy posted:

Imagine if hook had a bright orange hoody. Awful

I read this as a "bright orange body" and now I think that would really elevate Hook as a character

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I do wish they kept Taz/Excalibur on the more important show, but sadly nothing in life is perfect.

I kinda wish Elevation had a different PBP person, though. Tony's enthusiasm is nice but I would prefer someone who's either more authoritative or more energetic to strike a good balance with Tall Paul's laid-back analysis

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Once the Bucks retire SCU, Christopher Daniels can be the on-screen authority figure

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Cody is self-aware Triple H, in that he knows outwardly projecting an air of self-awareness and losing on PPVs will allow him to get away with his cartoonish self-indulgence among fans who would normally detest that poo poo

I appreciate Cody, because without that cartoonish self-indulgence he would just be another nerdy wrestler whose character is "likes wrestling and video games." But it is very funny to see people still going "He knows what he's doing, he does the over the top stuff just to get reactions, wouldn't be surprised if he turned heel eventually" when the man is doing pretapes for pregnancy announcements and pyro for gender reveals on national TV.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The AEW Dark: Elevation Universe, as it were...

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Elevation is a good glimpse into what an actual mid/lower card will look like as AEW gets more broadcast time that's not built around squash matches. I think confining the "serious matches" to two hours of TV time are why people like Janela/Sky/Sabian/basically every woman prior to 2021 keep ending up lost in the shuffle; once you account for the Top Guys you only have a couple open storylines to build per PPV cycle. I would enjoy a second TV show that's mostly Leyla/Ryo and Page/Angels caliber-matches, especially if it produces some more unpredictable match outcomes than post-pandemic Dynamite has generally allowed

Leva/Madi v. Swole/Velvet would be in that category for me too if it were someone else in Leva's spot. (I think people are way too harsh on Swole's ringwork, which imo is basically "fine with a few more hiccups than is ideal." Her personality more than makes up for any deficiencies on that front in my book)

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I knew the "This is going to suck" move was eventually gonna backfire on Angels, but big ups to Page for adding the "...for him!!!" to it

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Tall Paul going full Dad mode by cranking out the Alexander the Great facts

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Leaving the mic on the stage was a good bit

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Finally...good indies OC is back. Thank you Chuckie T

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Maigius posted:

Tall Paul gunning for the Botchamania segment this week.

Paul Wight's Malaprop Corner isn't touching Dark commentary, but it's a good angle nonetheless

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I love that

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Did not expect this match to slap like this

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Tony is just loving glitching with the move names lmao

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

MorningMoon posted:

I get that, but like. I can be easily fooled with misscalls, i'm no expert. You could call a Code Red a Canadian Destroyer and I would not bat an eye, but jeezus.

I believe he also called a falcon arrow (?) a small package and a SSP a swanton dive

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Fun match. The kick catch -> lariat sequence was sick

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

karmicknight posted:

WHERE IS FRANKIE KAZARIANS FLAG

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Mr. Squishy posted:

He's Groot though

I am getting reports that he is actually like The Flash

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Kris Stat and Anna Jay stewing in the trainer's room

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Pull the rope KiLynn

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Prince of Rome without a Rome Hat

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Maigius posted:

I think we only have one more match, Sky vs Sydel.

I wonder if Ethan Page's interview was teasing him teaming up with Scorp for a post-match beatdown or something

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Mike Sydal: astonishingly compelling

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I kind of dig Ethan Page's in-ring style being "Honey, I Modestly Shrunk The Hoss"

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Tfw I think we're out of True Hybrids but then I remember there's one left

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Good to have confirmation of my hunch that Excalibur is in gorilla telling Tony and Paul the move names

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Five has a good knack for fun trademark spots. Big fan of "this is gonna suck" and the punches in the corner where he knowingly pauses before the 5th one

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
My efforts to will a new Tay Conti tron into existence continue to be fruitless

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

smarxist posted:

lol how bad was Tony's call that they had to re-dub it

They left in him repeatedly calling New Japan "IWGP," so I'm guessing pretty bad

They really gotta get in a PBP dude who knows what things are, especially working alongside a green commentator

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
This Gunn Club feature is just gonna keep going for an hour

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Yeah that’s a sick finisher, Scorp is still real good in ring

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Robyn seemed good

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The Dark Commentary Vortex has transferred to Elevation

Lol at how much Ex/Paul is an immediate improvement over Toney

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

MorningMoon posted:

trying to determine if Excalibur is there, or if they cut out Toney from this match and Excalibur had to masterfully adlib himself in

Someone on Twitter posted Excalibur was on commentary for Elevation during the tapings on Friday, so I think he's really there

Maybe Tony needed a bathroom break

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Mr. Squishy posted:

That's just how Julia gets around

How else would a two-time national champion move about

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
"We're like Jelly and Nutella"

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Dango Bango posted:

They just need someone with energy. Tony and Paul are both at the same low level the whole time.

They also need someone who can track the story of a match. Excalibur is incredibly good at this and then last match you had them missing the key beat of the interference spot, missing when Swole first went for her finisher, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Crowds are gonna get Penta a TNT title reign