Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Weird cold open but okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Mr. Squishy posted:

Is lady frost in the crowd, or is that Lindsay snow

Lindsay for sure

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Baron Black really needs to lose the singlet. It's a bad look. I feel like he'd look better with just tights.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

"There is nothing wrong with the Nightmare Family" is the new "Bullet Club is fine"

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

HOLY gently caress THAT CUTTER :stare:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Tony and Paul are a nice calm listen but they need to do a little research, like knowing Vox used the fish hook and her whole deal.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Davros1 posted:

Royce, former NWA Tag Team champion

Ohhh that's why I recognize the name

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Will Hobbs and Dani Jordyn back to back, this show rules

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

StarkRavingMad posted:

I love Hook's gimmick of looking like some sort of surly teen/heroin addict but then being shredded under the baggy sweatshirt and throwing sweet suplexes when he mixes it up

He's the neo-Kidman

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

They're adding another match lol

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Dante trying to grimace to stop from laughing as Max puts Dante's hands on his own nuts

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

neoaxd posted:

Hobbs with taz colors makes me so happy. They should all wear the orange and black, dammit!

It doesn't work with Ricky's skin tone!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love JD Drake's red satin jacket

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

TONY NO

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Le Saboteur posted:

Why does Tony Khan come out here sounding all teary eyed.

He loves two things: wrestling and fairness

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

He is we

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

magiccarpet posted:

Early in the AEW run I *think* it was Dustin doing commentary one night and it was really, really funny. Pull Tony and put him in next to Paul to get our chill Youtube vibes back up.

Yeah, it was the best. He was just amazed at everything. Lots of "Oh, WWWOOOWWWW I've never seen that!" and "Oh, wow - that's what that's called?" and just generally being amazed at all the stuff Excalibur knew. It was adorable.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The other execs are the main champs right now but Cody gets the most guff because, I think, he's most like a WWE wrestler than the Bucks and Omega so he might still have that stink on him to a lot of people?

He's basically done everything he can to remove himself from the main event scene and tell everyone he's not going to be the big deal in AEW, but people still gravitate to the "Cody is Triple H" thing a lot. I think it's just a style thing more than anything – he wrestles that slower style and has the same influences as Triple H, he can sometimes lean toward longer Triple H-esque promos, he loves to bleed, etc. There's a lot of surface level things that connect the two together, but I think he's a bit more self-aware than Triple H.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pylons posted:

I feel like Cody is so much more self-aware than HHH, he knows he gets that same reaction that Triple H did bordering on go-away heat and then he doesn't go all the way with it. It works for me. Like, the HHH thing at Revolution made me absolutely not want to see him win. And then he didn't.

Right, that's the kind of stuff that I go back to – HHH in that situation would have won the ladder match and then the TNT Title. Cody at least knows enough to go just so far then fade into something else.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Alaois posted:

lmao that was a tope that turned into a somersault legdrop to the back of the head

Immediately thought of Edge's debut that someone posted where he planchas onto (I think) Jose Estrada's head.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I wish there was more separation between the Hollywood Honk's gimmick and Dolph Ziggler's gimmick.

This Varsity Blonds theme is a ripper.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I wonder if Cage will get a stable so he doesn't get crushed by Team Taz or if he'll go it alone

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

JD Drake confirmed hunk honk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The Berzerker posted:

For what it's worth I assume Nemeth doing the hip gyration stuff is a nod to Rick Rude, since his neckbreaker looks like the Rude Awakening and in general his gimmick seems like "less charismatic and talented Rick Rude" but I could be wrong.

Dolph also does/has done the hip swivel and neckbreaker, often combining the two. Nemeth is like a Dolph Ziggler tribute act which is frustrating because he seems like he has enough weird charisma to stand on his own. At least have different colored hair.