Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Ah, this is going to be amazing.

BTW, Fury of the Fallen only works at 1 mask. Good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Dareon posted:

e: "We'll have to think of some pun-based Tube names." Elephant Beetle and Castle. Aphidgate. Earwig's Court. Bromley-by-Bug. Queensbeery.

All those names are unbeelievable. :allears:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I tried taking off the compass charm for a while and got hopelessly lost!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

pumpinglemma posted:

Mainstream books and movies don’t gate your ability to enjoy them based on how good you are at engaging with them on their own terms, just like mainstream video games don’t,

A bunch of gacha games will want a word if you try to play not on their terms (i.e. F2P).

Seriously, though, I like that more game developers are making an effort to accommodate people these days - as opposed to nothing at all.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

For the deadpool, my guess is Nosk does him in.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Dareon posted:

Ultimate destination: The giant pool of raspberry jam. Feel free to faff about all you like, but you're gonna be getting sticky eventually.

No, that's Hades.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Would that make the knight X? :v:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

SirSamVimes posted:

I cannot think of a single boss fight in the entire game that I'd consider a cheap shot tbh.

Nosk.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I'm still catching up, but the Dung Defender was a hoot. And I have this to say about parrying:

When the knight swings his nail
hits another's, without fail,
that's-a parry!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Cornifer's humming and his scattered papers were added in the same release, 1.0.0.7.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Marluxia posted:

Nat is absolutely not going to do all of that naturally.

But would he do it un-Nat-turally? :dadjoke:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Just go full hog and call your cat the Pale King. Cats do accept worship, after all.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I still think he's going to get royally beaten up by Nosk. I have complaints about that boss.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Getting some serious Death from Castlevania vibes from this guy, honestly. His claw even looks kinda Scyther scythe-ish!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I am really excited for now that Nat's going to go visit the bank.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Ah, Nosk. I have complaints about Nosk (mostly because you have to be locked in to collect your shade) and because the boss fight is hard as balls. I got to him earlier than Nat did, but even so.

Also, if we're heading back to the Royal Waterways, then I hope we can get to see Nat fight the White Defender. :allears:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

That's apparently the character's official name, or at least how Team Cherry describes 'em.

They're not the Hollow Knight, but they are the Knight.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

The Millibelle arc made for brilliant comedy. Bravo. :allears: :golfclap:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

SirPhoebos posted:

I had no idea. That actually brings to mind a low percentage playthrough that involved farming the same room for 40 hours in order to get enough essence to get the awakened dreamnail. I wonder if he could have gotten a faster return by occasionally dreamgating (or does the buff wear off after you get one essence)?

The drop rate depends on how much Essence you've gotten as a random drop vs. how much you've spent on dreamgates. The boosted drop rate only occurs if the dreamgate spend number is bigger than the random drop number.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Alxprit posted:

"I'll do the dream fights when I'm done with the rest of the game."

You don't realize that you're basically done, do you?

Well, now that you've said that I want Nat to get the Delicate Flower ending.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Marluxia posted:

Also, when you die in the white palace, you die for real. Every other dream just teleports you back outside.

There is one other dream in which you can die for real. :ssh:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

AtomikKrab posted:

Its really this, all Nat HAD to do is wait a moment for them to wind up, then he could dash in and start hitting

It sounds like they did wind him up, though :v:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Natural 20 posted:

I'm just trying to get through it as fast as possible so I can GO TO DISNEYLAND AND KILL THE EVIL VAMPIRE BUG SATAN THAT'S THERE.

:allears:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

bike tory posted:

The Radiance did... something? to piss off the Pale King, presumably borne out of anger/jealousy at losing worshippers, so the Pale King decided to seal away the Radiance.

That would be forcibly infecting everybody, I think.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

SirPhoebos posted:

It's also noticeable because for the other boss to get a big title card, after the first time it skips straight to the fight

So what you’re saying is, Nightmare King Grimm is a theatre kid.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I'm catching up on the videos I didn't get to see yet, and I just finished the video 'Junk Pit'.

I'd say the ending to that video was pretty Unn-expected. :v:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

No the map only calls out the real grubs, and they only use that fakeout trick like twice? Nat's already seen it.

There are a total of 4 Grub Mimics in the game, not counting the one in the Colosseum. 3 of those are in Deepnest, because of course.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I have an abiding love of the White Defender fight, just because, like... in the power of his moves, and the grandeur of the music, you see just a glimpse— just a tiny, reflected glimpse— of what Hallownest must have been like at the height of its glory.

It's beautiful, and kind of haunting, too.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Alxprit posted:

Carefree Melody is kind of a silly charm, I never used it myself since it seemed a bit expensive for its effect. I was watching someone streaming do the Radiant bosses in Godhome, which are OHKO fights, and he had Carefree Melody on which I thought, uh, kinda defeated the purpose of the challenge, cause then it's up to RNG whether you win or lose the fight. But, to each their own.

Apparently the big secret is that the chance doesn't reset when you die, only when you get hit. And when it does reset, it resets to 0%, so the next hit will hit.

Basically, there's a chance of getting one extra hit in a fight. Which is big in a mode where every hit kills you.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

pun pundit posted:

My biggest problem with NKG is that his splash screen desensitizes you to the effect of splash screens in Hollow Knight. When you fight him over and over, THE RADIANCE had much less impact.

He was preparing you without looking like it. What a wily fellow!

Quackles fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Aug 21, 2021

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

That, I must say, was dope.

Out of curiosity, are we shooting for the Delicate Flower Godhome ending?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

You're gonna need a bigger Zote.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Welp, now we're getting into the realm of what could have been.

Imagine if our Knight had been the Vessel instead of that one. Imagine if the seal had held.

Imagine if the Pale King had known that you could fight the Radiance within a dream.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Natural 20 posted:

Don't bet on wrestling.

Fixed it.

Hallownest will be whole again.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I have a theory about who Mister Mushroom is talking to.

The 'tools' line...

Doesn't Hornet use tools as a part of her battle strategy in Silksong?

Does she even know she's having the conversation?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

In honor of you making it there on your first try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Congratulations. :golfclap: