Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you hitting monsters with?
Bow
Charge Blade
Dual Blades
Great Sword
Gunlance
Hammer
Heavy Bowgun
Hunting Horn
Insect Glaive
Lance
Light Bowgun
Longsword
Switch Axe
Sword and Shield
View Results

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

I have played Great Sword in every single game since Tri and by God I ain't stoppin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

gently caress yeah who else is getting their claws out

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

is there a button remap in this game or nah. for some reason I feel like MH games never have had this.

The switch has system level button remapping, you can access it through the controller menu I think?

Sorry I'd check but I'm at WORK and don't have access to my SWITCH with MONSTER HUNTER RISE

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

They've been making Monster Hunter on poo poo rear end underpowered consoles for a lot longer than the opposite. They're pretty good at it!

(I love my switch)

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

a new study bible! posted:

Barioth can eat my whole loving rear end

The secret to Barioth in every game is to smash the poo poo out of his wings (aim for the paws). Once he's clipped, he slides around all over the place and it makes you feel pretty bad.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

https://twitter.com/alnuggets/status/1377131810459557889?s=19

Sling shotting my entire body into a monster is incredibly fun

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

I really love what has happened to Great Sword in Rise. Between Tackle, Power Sheathe, Adamant Charged Slash, Wirebug fall break, and Rage Slash, I am constantly glued to a monster's butthole and dropping level 3 charges over and over and over.
It's super fun zipping around the field, doubly so considering like basically everything I do has superarmour and I'm just blasting through every single monster attack.

It genuinely makes me wish I could bring my palico to multiplayer hunts because mine has Summeown Endemic Life which keeps me topped up with a 3rd wirebug most of the time.

The hunter voices in this game have grown on me to a ridiculous degree. I thought I would hate them, but sometimes when I sharpen, my hunter goes "gotta stay sharp! ha ha" and it cracks me up. Or when Arzuros does a claw swipe and someone else's hunter full-throated screams into my ear "GET THE gently caress OUT OF THE WAAAAAAYYYYYY".

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

parasyte posted:

You can! Just switch the palico you want into the first buddy slot, and they'll be with you when you're on a hunt or even just in the lobby.

Right! But the lack of my dog pal carting me around the map makes everything so much slower :(

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

lets hang out posted:

important news: if you gesture at the big snail it gestures back

https://i.vgy.me/G9dCWZ.mp4

What the gently caress is this thing!!

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

I just got my flinch free deco slotted so I'm not sure of this happens anymore but it's been countless times where I wirebug vaguely in front of a gunner and get shot down back on my rear end

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

MMF Freeway posted:

Being in the air changes things, I think you'd need Jump Master to prevent that

On one hand gdi but on the other hand it's funny

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

What are people falling on as the go to Sword and Shield for raw? Narg looks good but what about something more raw/less sharp?

I miss slamming down a mega pot and flexing, Capcom are cowards for not letting us flex and run at the same time

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

v1ld posted:

So annoying how a few sites have done whatever search engine optimization tricks they needed to make Google pretty loving useless to search for stuff on this game.

Unless you explicitly specify reddit or gamefaqs or whatever to limit that cruft, but that defeats half the reason to search - to get that odd blog post or whatever on the topic.

Wish Google had a search filter that let me explicitly block results from sites. Time to check if there's a plugin for that I guess.

Are game8 and gamewithin or whatever just as annoying for other games?

Don't mind that they exist, do mind that they clog up search results so much.

I'm completely with you and it's made googling for any sort of game thing a bit miserable

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

I liked underwater combat and miss my friend, gobul

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

I just miss my friend Lagiacrus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Thumbtacks posted:

I felt like world had too many dinosaurs, it needed more hosed up weird little guys.

Bring back Qurupeco so we get the best of both