Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Ainsley McTree posted:

I thought Dust was cool

It was but whodunnits are so hard to do in tabletop RPGs. I feel like if you present ambiguous information to players they'll somehow convince themselves that the chef is secretly an incarnation of Kyuss, at which point you have to scramble to make that actually be the case because it's way better than what you had written.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

fadam sneakily trying to make the thread swing pro-Travis by linking a podcast by people worse than Travis

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Stroop There It Is posted:

Oh my god, never have I signed up for a Patreon so quickly

Not to discourage anyone from signing up (because there's tons of other great stuff on the Patreon) but I'm pretty sure the VtM episode got put in the main feed at some point.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

RandomPauI posted:

What is giant bomb?

It's a website, about video games

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

We don't talk about the 140 lost episodes

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

John Wick of Dogs posted:

How about a real person fic where Q makes Picard and Sir Patrick Stewart switch places, that would be fun

Sir Patrick would just talk Q into making everyone's clothes fall off, he's very problematic

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Previa_fun posted:

I did laugh when Sydnee mentioned some people had reported long lasting effects like "getting occasional headaches and feeling tired sometimes"

Oh poo poo, my toddler is a directed energy weapon. Those five beers I drank last night, also!

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

"Coyotes howl in the distance..."
"What are they saying?"
"One's yelling 'I just became a father!' and the others are responding 'Congratulations!' 'It'll change your life in the best way!'"

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

It's the joke from Invader Zim where Christmas has fully undergone the transition into a secular holiday and is just called "Xmas"

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Griffin confirmed Elden Ring Monster Factory on his Trial by Fieri stream

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Sankis posted:

I have no idea where that comes from.

In the UK they were deemed the equivalent of potato chips in the US. Thry tried to claim they're not to get out of paying VAT. It did not go over.

The "actually its not chips because theyre made of reconstituted potato granules" stuff was just some bullshit to get out of paying said taxes.

They did win one about Pringles designed for dipping, weirdly enough, because the judge decided that you wouldn't eat them on their own so they "required further preparation"

For some reason this wasn't overturned when a subsequent case on some other crisp went to a different judge who said "dipping is not preparing food are you loving kidding me"

UK VAT law is a huge mess, especially where food is concerned

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1550819035587166208?t=jwCP06icEyWcKjDeN499vw&s=19

NASA are clearly trying to hide something about what happens if you nut in space

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

My favourite part in that Rude Tales bit was Branson's impression of Tim describing a series of flips and acrobatic moves in great detail and then interrupting himself to say "can I do this?" Absolutely destroyed me.

Also the punchline about rolling a 3 on his acrobatics check for a total of 25.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Alaois posted:

my god that's a hell of a PR image firm

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Armitag3 posted:

It’s only 110$ for the trio (or as the website puts it McElroy & McElroy & McElroy)

According to that website the trio is Clint, Justin and Travis. Gotta go for the McElroy Quad for that sweet baby brother

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Griffin "shortpacked" McElroy

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Tabletops posted:

what is commercial rock

you want it to have the feel of rock while also being entirely non threatening

so in other words it's familiar, but not too familiar, but not too not familiar

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Here's the next tweet in the thread. Not sure why Jesse deleted the first one

https://twitter.com/JesseThorn/status/1637834092422258689?t=L5HVQrKCwgXz8x4ORDOQyg&s=19

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

the boys requested that they not be emailed about this and I will respect that

BUT

what kind of marmalade are they eating where the overwhelming taste profile is "bitter"? is this an American tastebuds thing because marmalade is sweet as hell and loaded with sugar

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

the other ingredient is sugar tho

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

George H.W. oval office posted:

What’s the bonus content for the year?

They rerecorded the Margaritaville episode with the brothers all switching parts and Matt Doyle playing all the celebrities who are not Matt Doyle. It's a trip and Matt Doyle is an extremely good sport.

There's also the next chapter in the Charlieverse which I am saving for a nice long walk or run so I can listen to it in one go

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

the flames on the tunic :discourse:

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

zooter

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

DESERVE CLIPPING YODA YOU DO NOT

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Zero One posted:

The Funny Man

Got a literal guffaw out of me, Justin is a treasure

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I'm looking forward to next year's San Diego show!

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I honestly thought that the woodimals were things Justin had made and he was poking fun at himself

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Sounds like you need Triple Click and...

Kirk Hamilton’s Remake Spectrum*:

• Re-release (The original game, playable on new hardware)
  • Remaster (visually enhanced version of the same game, same tech, etc.)
  • Remaster Plus (A visual remaster that makes some changes to the gameplay - e.g. Skyward Sword, ME Trilogy)
  • Remake (New engine/tech and new visuals, but makes a point of keeping the gameplay the same. E.g. SotC, Demon’s Souls, Diablo 2 Resurrected)
  • Remake Plus (New engine and actual new gameplay/mechanics/etc. E.g. Black Mesa, Tomb Raider Anniversary)
  • Reimagined Remake (Uses the original as a template to make major changes, e.g. Resident Evil 2 & 3 Remake)
  • Super Turbo Remake Plus (There is only one of these and it is Final Fantasy VII Remake)
  • Sequel or Reboot

*Note that these are stops along a continuous spectrum and not a series of discrete categorizations. Many games fall somewhere in between categories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Three Bean Salad is independent and not part of Maximum Fun, but it is very very good and funny.

It also includes Benjamin Partridge of Maximum Fun podcast the Beef and Dairy Network, whose latest episode was an all time great.