Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Sydnee on the Crystal Healing episode of Sawbones, Feb 10 2016: "You know Justin, you're really susceptible to advertising"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Can't wait for Travis McElroy's TAZ Graduation to come out on HBO Max in three years.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I missed MBMBAM collab chat but MBMBAM-UYD crossover when

inferis posted:

if you played monster hunter before world and didn’t have a friend who pushed you into it and held your hand you hated it

I played 3U on 3DS after a couple of goons said "yeah it's cool, check it out" and liked it even though I only solo'd through LR, then I picked up 4U and put 225 hours into it. Now I don't own a Switch or a PC that can run World :( I just wanna hunt again.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

a pipe smoking dog posted:

It was the first 100 or so episodes when Griffin used to copy all of Seth's verbal ticks

He still does it today when he gets worked up enough about something. Then again I've taken a few bits of vocabulary from UYD so I shouldn't be trashing him for it :v:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Some real weird energy on this Justin + Travis ep.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

kuddles posted:

NY Times wrote an article about it. You can take a guess who they interviewed for it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/06/technology/yahoo-answers-shutting-down.html?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Something about them interviewing Justin about this instead of Griffin is extremely funny to me.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Maybe this article is actually really good and insightful but reading this abstract reminds me of the "you're just addicted to saying words" tweet.

I do admire them for keeping their abstract lean though, I ain't reading poo poo if you can't summarize it with < 200 words.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

The 7th Guest posted:

if someone fell for the loan shark advertised that would be unfortunate, both because they trusted the brothers to not sell anything fishy, but also because it means someone actually bought a moneyzone product, which I don't think has happened since Extreme Restraints ended their partnership

the moneyzone is for seeing if the ad gets ruined by one of the brothers breaking or going too far into a bit, not for actually listening to the ad. i mean you can't click on a podcast ad, you'd have to type the URL out and then possibly even input a coupon code. who even does that

This is precisely why I always skip the TAZ ad block. No capacity for goofin'.

Also we have a Casper mattress here but I'm not sure if we bought it using a money zone coupon code or if another podcast was selling them when we bought it. The podcasting years blur together at some point.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

The World Inferno posted:

Do people get served different ads? Or did they remove it from TAZ. Didn't hear it in the latest ep.

I don't know about different ads, but I'm doing a slow listen-through of the Sawbones back catalog and I'm getting ads that were clearly recorded in the present day (references to staying at home, Charlie being on ads talking) rather than whatever they recorded in 2015-16. I've never heard of a podcast doing that before.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Would you say that he AstroTERFed the interview?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Lots of good visual gags in this final battle, too bad we'll never see this arc adapted into any visual medium.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
TAZG finale trip report: it was aight. I liked Justin's ending in particular, and it's very funny that Travis not only made Griffin roll during his epilogue, but that he rolled a crit failure to live the rest of his life under paranoid stress. See you all in a month or two for the next round of bellyaching.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
They're not going to intentionally end MBMBAM just because Yahoo Answers is going away lol. Maybe it withers and dies long-term when it turns out that everyone was just listening to hear them rip on dumb Yahoo users but they're going to keep showing up so long as they have listeners, let's calm down y'all.

If they got rid of MBMBAM they'd have to get "real" jobs!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
This post has Yahoo Answers energy and I'm wondering if this is where that segment should wind up
https://twitter.com/asscredit/status/1384855189233049602

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Sydnee, Sawbones dated May 4 2016: "Chip was way cooler than Dale, he had that bomber jacket. I always shipped him and Gadget."

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Jean was far and away the best non-McElroy they've had on MBMBAM. Definitely the best episode in a long time, I can't wait for MBMBAJ

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Travis in TTAZZ citing the dueling guitars scene from Reboot as a key inspiration for Gray's character makes me like this whole season a little more tbh

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
RIP TAZ: Elementary, kicked off the team.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Good MBMBAM this week too, give me those good good sleep-deprived boys any day of the week (but then make sure they get some sleep)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Big fan of Griffin turning the mysterious cave into the skull of a long-dead giant being. Strong Hyper Light Drifter vibes on that one.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
My Sawbones backlog listen is on the August 31, 2016 episode (Epi-Pens). Sydnee: "drugs are too expensive in the US!"

Oh girl, it's not getting any better!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
The boys talking about church auctions where you got a bunch of auction points for bringing a friend with you to church one day felt downright insidious.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I am enjoying this Quiet Year playthrough. Thanks for reading my post :)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Making your groom's party or whatever all wear kilts is an excellent power move. No I will not be providing additional context for this post.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Angry Griffin from those early episodes was channeling Angry Seth from Uhh Yeah Dude, and Seth is cool so I'll give Griffin a pass. We were all dumber in the past than we are now!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
It really sucks and I was worried at first that the boys unironically liked it, but fortunately by the end of that ep their true feelings came out.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Extremely chaotic energy in this week's MBMBAM, especially this ending.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Diabolik900 posted:

I just finished the episode, and this was exactly my experience.

I stopped listening to Graduation pretty early. Did Travis have a character that followed this pattern, or has it only been a thing in Griffin’s campaigns?

Graduation had a double-wide store run by a cat and mouse named Tom and Jerry, also I think they only went to that store twice in the entire campaign.

E: Justin saying on this week's MBMBAM that he hates the smell of flowers because he associates them with funerals is both the saddest and maybe the most psychotic thing I think I've heard on this show.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Aug 23, 2021

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
This entire episode is extremely chaotic, and yeah I have no idea how they got into that opener. That commercial's been off the air for like fifteen years!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
This is my first time hearing the Eric Clapton anti-lockdown song and...drat that's bad.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
You might not always agree with Travis, but he is 100% right on this week's MBMBaM when he says that Carrie-Anne Moss hasn't aged a day since the original Matrix.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
RE: this week's Munch Squad, I would 100% try the Panda Express Orange Chicken sandwich. I'm thinking some sort of pickled vegetable topping to go with it.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1443588899759005696

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Sounds like everyone ITT just needs to

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I want to buy a beer for whoever at iHeartRadio put MBMBAM into the category for Best Ad Reads, they knew exactly what they were doing.

Also how hosed up is it that podcasts have an award category for ad reads

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Hearing Nathan Lane introduce Metallica on SNL was a rare bright spot in a pretty awful week last week, so thank you Travis for coming up with that bit :unsmith:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Most shocking part of this year's Death Blart is the revelation that Justin's kids had a period where they would watch CATS 2019 every day. That can't be healthy for a developing brain!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Uwe Boll & Branch

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Imagine engaging with strangers on the internet solely because of a shared fandom in a podcast, yuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Griffin's hair is graying in the exact same pattern as mine is, and that's a little unnerving to see. And I don't even have kids yet!