Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Jollibee is a very large Filipino chain. If you live in a decently populated city then there is a chance you have a Jollibee near you and you've probably ignored it.

Jollibee has incredible breakfast options, amazing fried chicken (get SPICY), and... spaghetti with hot dogs and banana ketchup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Postin' this because I went across town and got some at 8AM to get some chicken like a total normal healthy goon does.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

nearest jollibee is either in seatle or sacramento and ain't neither particularly close. I miss their chicken. I miss dipping their chicken in their gravy

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

The Voice of Labor posted:

nearest jollibee is either in seatle or sacramento and ain't neither particularly close. I miss their chicken. I miss dipping their chicken in their gravy

The gravy is good... but I think it deters from the chicken. I dumped most of it on my rice.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I can't put a date on the memory, but I remember the first time I heard about Jollibee I was like "wow cool I would like to try this foreign take on fast food and the chicken looks good"

Then I googled locations and the only one in the US was in New York City.

Neat to hear they are spreading, maybe someday I will actually get to try the spicy chicken that looks really tasty.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I went to one in Irvine, CA and one in Houston, TX. They are about the same.

Weather is better in CA though

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

That's the fucken Chapulin Colorado

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

What the loving gently caress

I've never heard of Palabok and it looks amazing

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Palabok and pancit are pretty dope.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

supermarket pancit is one of the things I miss about hawaii

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I never went to the one the built in Plano because it always looked like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pkZJCtwPAw&t=8s

Even a new Chick-fil-a doesn't get lines like that

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Never underestimate the Filipino population.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Y'all ever had a crispy pata so good that you instantly ejaculated

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

gotta say that line up makes way more sense than one for, like, krispy kreme or chick fila and at least as much sense as the lines for in n out

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

FBS posted:

I never went to the one the built in Plano because it always looked like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pkZJCtwPAw&t=8s

when a fast food worker with evil in their soul dies, they wake up sitting on a milk carton inside the walk in cooler of that Jolibee. The manager is shaking their shoulders. Get back in there! We're dieing without you! They will serve an endless gridlock of customers. A cacophony of timer alarms beeps and chirps through the kitchen, drowning out all other sound. Every order that goes through the window, a little piece of their soul escapes out too. Until there is nothing left and they are gone. Orders fall behind again, a handful of food falls onto the tile floor where a person once stood.

The manager stomps over to the walk in cooler, to wake up the new guy...

WITCHCRAFT fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Apr 26, 2021

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Every time I see the word “jubilee” I start craving that Jollibee.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
finally tried the jollibee after months of telling the partner we should try the jollibee

verdict from partner: "jollibee is a win"

i foresee many more spicy chickens and yumburgers in our future

though i did not care for the yumburger sauce too much, patty was good, so i think next time it's gonna be a hamburger steak platter and gonna fry up a couple of eggs once home for an even lazier than usual loco moco

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
What's the overall consensus on the "Yumburger"- and specifically to the poster above, what in particular was not good about the sauce? Can you describe the flavor? What would be the closest equivalent patty in texture, taste, etc. :btroll:

I have one like five minutes from my house and I've never been, have recently thought about trying it though.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

you go to jollibee for the chicken. which is the best chicken. the burgers and philipino spaghetti are not the main draw

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Futanari Damacy posted:

What's the overall consensus on the "Yumburger"- and specifically to the poster above, what in particular was not good about the sauce? Can you describe the flavor? What would be the closest equivalent patty in texture, taste, etc. :btroll:

I have one like five minutes from my house and I've never been, have recently thought about trying it though.

honestly mostly tasted like big mac sauce, a little sweet; my partner liked it a lot, just not for me. otherwise a totally cromulent little fast food cheeseburger, way overpriced compared to the competition. i guess a little whopperish on the patty if it wasn't flame broiled?

but yeah the chicken is fuckin legit

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
We have one of these in Bakersfield, CA of all places. It was ok, we had a couple of chicken sandos when it opened. Didn't seem like anything to write home about 🤷. Maybe we need to give it another shot.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
There's one in National City that I keep meaning to visit.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Target Practice posted:

We have one of these in Bakersfield, CA of all places. It was ok, we had a couple of chicken sandos when it opened. Didn't seem like anything to write home about 🤷. Maybe we need to give it another shot.

I'd agree with this. Not great, not terrible. Wouldn't go out of my way to go to one

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

you go to jollibee for the chicken. which is the best chicken. the burgers and philipino spaghetti are not the main draw

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

It’s loving good chicken.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Someone I know had a piece with a pin feather which kind of put me off trying it. There are a few local places that do a good pressure fry for their chicken so I'd have to go out of my way to try it.

----------------

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

itshappening.gif

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Bumping to say that the coconut pineapple pie is good

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I keep meaning to try the one in the Phoenix area but I have a lot less reason to go to Phoenix these days that I used to.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
They have a chicken sandwich now. Anyone tried it?

----------------

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

I liked the spicy one for the novelty of a fast food sandwich using fresh sliced jalapeños on it

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

FBS posted:

Plano is a void of any good food and people love poo poo food here. My wife insisted we get chicken from there once it opened because some influencer was raving about it. The fried chicken tasted over fried like the oil was old. The store was only open for two days so no idea what they did but we never ate there again.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ4V0kb4v9Y

----------------

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

there's one in philly i went and it kinda sucked. regular fast food fried chicken and weird gross spaghetti. did not try a burger.

it's also in the middle of chinatown where there's about 10000 other things to eat besides fast food fried chicken, but YMMV

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
The idea of sweet spaghetti is disgusting to me.

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

tomatoes are supposed to be sweet, onions are supposed to be sweet, bell peppers are supposed to be sweet. you're eating sweet spaghetti already. now just imagine it a little sweeter and with chopped up hot dogs in it

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

tomatoes are supposed to be sweet, onions are supposed to be sweet, bell peppers are supposed to be sweet. you're eating sweet spaghetti already. now just imagine it a little sweeter and with chopped up hot dogs in it

I'm imagining it! :barf:

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I go to Jollibee then hit up the Red Ribbon across the street for a slice of Ube Overload, maybe a butter mamon if I’m feeling nasty

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

jollibee food corporation