Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Rime posted:

If the forums can permaban an admin for genocide denial, they can probate the tankies for genocide denial until they stop kramering in and making GBS threads up unrelated threads with very tedious and unfunny posts denying an ongoing genocide.

I will continue to report posts featuring genocide denial.

quote:

When the D&D mods told you not to post in D&D they weren't kidding. Since this is the second time you've decided to openly disregard this, I'm dropping a couple of weeks to make it clear that the admins will support them in this.

You have a long history of openly advocating for mass death. This is not acceptable on the forums. I you want a specific reason why you aren't welcome in D&D, that's it. Read some of your past probation reasons for more context.

This has been a particular problem with your posting in D&D and the mods there are tired of constantly playing whack a mole with you. No matter how many times they tell you to not advocate mass death or make gross posts about foreign ethnic groups you come back and do it all over again. That's why you got the forum ban.

Abide by it or these will keep ramping in length and severity. User loses posting privileges for 2 weeks.

Can I assume this poster isn't posting/reporting in good faith, mods? Because if so, if they are behind the reports you guys are taking seriously then lol.

My feedback for Xinjiang is that I don't know what the gently caress is going on, it probably sucks and I'd like to be able to see leftists talk about it without mods wading in to decide one way or the other. The losing side will be the one who can't post without melting down about it - as is CSPAM tradition. Otherwise, THS hit it perfectly on the nail:

THS posted:

I don’t think there is any way to setup a poll of active CSPAM posters that wouldn’t be abused, but anecdotally the active participants of the threads do not have an issue with the topic as it was being discussed, or at least do not consider banning it as being appropriate even if they disagree. If someone from the Trump thread or D&D or GBS can’t handle a discussion of China that doesn’t obsessively manufacture consent for the new cold war with China, they should probably not read the LF or China threads in CSPAM.

I really think the mods, including Flavius, have been so flippant and arbitrary on this issue to a degree that I do not really see value in having an “honest discussion” about this topic. I argued my points in the LF thread already. This is a private forum, though, and so all I can do is grovel - so I plead that you use your buttons less on this topic and generally.

Moderation in a forum like this should be reserved for distinctly toxic actors who manage to make the entire forum about them and have no interest in contributing to discussion. It isn’t for enforcing a line.

Lastly, you say you aren’t enforcing the “CIA line” - but anyone with an understanding of how ideology functions should know you don’t have to consciously do this when the mainstream coverage of China is as warped and pro-western as it is.

FREE ALL CSPAM POLITICAL PRISONERS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Maybe it's a regional thing because I've never heard that term in my life.

Oh not in Kunduz no, it's a Bukharan expression

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Flavius Aetass posted:

this is really bordering on needless cynicism and distrust imo, but I'll take that as a reserved yes

Lol

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lmao hell yeah, back to "if you don't agree that the qanan shaman was seconds away from declaring himself prime Minister then you're a chud" love this leftist forum

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Gringostar posted:

forcibly removing children from their parents and putting them into homes from someone of a different culture is 100% a genocide and it 100% happened along the southern boarder

i think a lot of the confusion coming from people here is that genocide doesn't just mean death camps

It's like Trabisnikof said, theres multiple definitions so it depends on how technically correct you want to be. Are the camps designed to kill them? No, they're designed to make more money for private contractors and deter more refugees and immigrants. They aren't designed to kill, so in that way they aren't a genocide... but people do die there due to the horrific conditions which the US is engaging in due to lack of care, humanity and because it makes more money. In that way, it is a genocide.

THS posted:

also to take a step back and reiterate on the point of this thread, i dont think any of the discussion so far constitutes thoughtcrimes so bad that it has to be purged from cspam, regardless of what point of view they have been arguing

Agreed 100%. This has been interesting to read, as someone with little knowledge of the situation outside of cultural osmosis. I do want dolphin to keep posting though, because the combination of cspam style "scream at your opponent" and dnd style "post a source you found on Google you haven't read and assume its a slam dunk" has been entertaining.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Serf posted:

yeah, i've given flavius a lot of poo poo recently but it was nice to see some discussion of this stuff. but it looks like judgment is on its way

:agreed:

You've earned one brownie point, to cover the million you lost over the glemb gelowald thread

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

John Charity Spring posted:

yeah Bread and Roses banned or drove off anyone who said things like "China is treating the Uyghurs badly but it's not a genocide in the sense of death camps" because the admin line there is basically the Rime approach and it was insufficiently strident and condemnatory. also anyone who said they were a communist not an anarchist got labelled a tankie, it was a bad time all round

This does not surprise me, based on the posters that left and stayed gone lol

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

paul_soccer12 posted:

Lol anarchists

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It is wild that Pener left for BNR, he was a good poster imo.

drat he did? That sucks, I liked his posting

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Serf posted:

what is the conclusion we've arrived at? it feels like nothing has been actually agreed upon and things are even worse than when we started

My guess is that this thread has proven that so long as you post "there's something happening and it's bad" at some point then the admins won't swoop in to ban for genocide denial.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Serf posted:

the only issue with the xi = pooh bear joke is that its old hat, run into the ground by libs. its like the "trump and putin are gay for each other" thing, although that one was never funny

I can see this, but I haven't seen enough of it to run it into the ground for me. So it still makes me lol.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

THS posted:

i regret to inform everyone that i did give cspam too much credit. a lot of people here have not internalized a pure hatred for amerikkka and that’s why they continue to do a both sides thing. please continue with the whataboutism, it’s good and necessary

also trying to bring up ancient history or whatever is not just dumb but actually abhorrent. there is currently one state in the world which enforces its imperial hegemony at the point of a gun, and has recently murdered many millions, while displacing tens of millions more - all while upholding itself as a bastion of democracy, freedom, and liberty. it is truly sick and above and beyond worse than all second power competitors. there is no comparison, no one else is playing the same game, no one else is in the same ballpark

death to america

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

oxsnard posted:

all I'm saying is that "US/western imperialism is bad" is a base viewpoint among leftists. So while it's fine to point out the hypocrisy when joe biden or mike bolton try to wring their hands about chinese genocide, I don't think it's a particularly helpful point of reference on an ostensibly leftist internet forum

But what is the point then of continuing to belabor that China bad too? Who does it benefit except to own posting enemies? There is, at least , a benefit to westerners and Americans talking about American crimes because we can at least do something about it more than just have our country rattle a saber at a foreign power. If you just want people to admit China is doing a very bad thing, then congrats you seem to have already gotten it from everyone here. What else, then, is the goal?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

THS posted:

i dont think ive been called a tankie before in cspam lol hell yea

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

It's only called "tankie" if you support tanks from the hungarian region, otherwise it's called sparkling armories

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Ferrinus posted:

I'm a little worried to hear that coming from you:

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Gringostar posted:

since this thread is going to be closed tonight I just want to say that everyone that's not super critical of china itt is a privileged bad faith actor that opposes human rights and you should honestly be praising the democrats for reinventing themselves as progressives

It's true, all of it.