Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Kimpembe standing stock still as he watches the ball trickle over the line got a full belly laugh out of me in real time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Meanwhile, in concacaf news:
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56494064

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

stab posted:

With his three assists tonight, Alphonso Davies now has 10 for Canada - tied for third all-time.

Again, he's 20 years old.

I feel like this is more a damning statement about how bad canada was at scoring from open play for oh... 30 years?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Eric Cantonese posted:

Ronaldo got robbed.

https://streamable.com/x1pnuq

The ball was clearly over the line.

And he stormed off. I’d be pissed too.

https://streamable.com/tmp7xm

why was there no var? because it wasn't initially given?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Omnikin posted:

AFC vs CONMEBOL
OFC vs CONCACAF

god bless. Even if them good ol' US boys lay a shart in the final rounds of qualifying they just need to get through New Zealand

great news for concacaf

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

jeebus bob posted:

They should still steamroll UAE or whomever in the playoff but I don't expect them to beat the 5th placed South American side.

In short: LOL you chose to play in the afc instead of having a guaranteed spot by clowning on Tonga every few years

Wouldn't they have to do a playoff anyway? There are more spots available in afc, and a better chance of getting a guaranteed spot rather than always having to go to a playoff.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

brocked posted:

Oman needs to qualify so they can be in a group with Poland Uruguay and Tunisia

Mexico will be crying out for that group the whole tournament

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Morocco topping that group is a wild idea to me

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Aren't there like 14 games in the European qualifying group stages? Maybe Italy should've won more of those

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I'm excited for Canada to get crushed by uruguay

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

stab posted:

And Uruguay scores 5 minutes in

But can't watch the game on an English feed since OneSoccer crapped out and is showing technical difficulties.

loving amateur hour trashmen

pretty great that the only english stream i could find was the technical difficulties one

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

davies has looked very frustrated for the last 15 minutes

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Is Gibraltar-spain really that tense of a matchup?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Frankston posted:

Here are your mascots and logo for the 2026 world cup

Uncle Sam?? All three of these are terrible

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Well done wales

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Wales somehow hanging in there

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Wales have finally conceded

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Wales has lost their football match 2-0. They had an own goal called off, a player sent off, stopped a penalty, and had another Turkish goal called off for handball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I legitimately had to go look up if this was real. Finally, I am optimistic about the future of England goalkeeping