Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Everyone loves the international break

The Euros were supposed to happen last year but for obvious reasons they were postponed to this summer. Now, in addition to that, we also have the qualifiers for teh World Cup in 2022 to be hosted by Qatar probably. Those start today for UEFA and CONCACAF. CAF and OFC start later this summer and the AFC and CONMEBOL confederations have already begun in some sort of interrupted status due to the 'rona.

Use this thread to post about these tournaments as well as any other international football stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Krul seems to have fallen off a cliff if this is how he plays for his club.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Thassa nice goal.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I’m reading that Greece is good and Spain is a loving embarrassment again? Very good.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Italy's U-21 team has now finished both games they've played in this tournament with 9 men. At this rate they'll barely be able to field a team for the last game in the group stage.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Muntari did it better.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

How the gently caress did Andorra and San Marino end up in the same group

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Perfect record of at least one red card a match continues in Italy u21’s 4-0 win lol. I think this team has a roid rage problem.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

the sex ghost posted:

One my favourite games at the euros is to try and work out which bang average player from a mid table club is going to put together 4 or 5 good performances and have all the big clubs desperate to sign him to a mega contract

Nobody is going to top Mustafi for this.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Jose posted:

A random question i've got mostly because Kante might manage it. Can anyone think of a player who has won a domestic league + cup, uefa cup/europa league and champions league and then the world cup + their continental cup?

I thought Dino Zoff might have this but he's missing the Champions League, only a runner up there.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I’m reading that Greece has scored two goals in one game and hell, that owns.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

lol good

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

If for some reason you want to discuss the Olympic football tournament(s) the subforum for it is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=249

Both the men’s and women’s tournaments have already started and both have had an upset already. It might be good! Who knows!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

France are down a man with an entire half to play against Bosnia. Tied 1-1.

e: Kolasinac injured from the tackle too. Is this good for Arsenal or bad?

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Sep 1, 2021

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Woodenlung posted:

Loved the offside lines in the Denmark match, especially how they split in two

What the gently caress is the point of this? Is it supposed to correct for perspective or something?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Thank you :mcrappe: for not winning

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Omnikin posted:

So a major tournament every year? How do you even handle qualifying for the next one at that point? Two weeks in October where you're gonna play 6/7 games and again in March in between your domestic/cup/continental ties? That's crazy

This is the actual point because the more qualifiers that are played the more money the nations that never qualify for the World Cup finals are going to get from FIFA. That’s who’s pushing this, isn’t it?

I obviously FIFA themselves are as well because it’s more money from sponsors, but I think this massive fixture congestion is actually what they want.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Big Theo

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The nutmeg to start and the finish, just :discourse:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

How many times do these Belgian bin men have to lose to not be number 1 in the world?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

When is the next season of UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE, the intertoto cup for nations except not even good enough for gambling.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Gonna bring this up here because we (Italy) are in a precarious position where if we lose to Switzerland tonight there is a big chance that we wont qualify for the WC directly and we all know how the last playoff qualifier went. When is the last time the reigning European Champion didn't qualify for the subsequent World Cup? Has it ever happened?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

Greece didnt qualify for the 06 World Cup.

So probably that

I can't believe I forgot about this. Greece, please forgive me.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

greazeball posted:

We're missing 5 starters, nobody even knows how we'll line up. Plus we changed managers after the Euros. We could do the super underdog against all odds thing I guess but I think it's more likely that we're completely disjointed and can't get anything going.

I hope so lol

We're missing Chiellini, Immobile, Zaniolo and Pellegrini but the only one that really has no equal replacement is Chiellini, and Acerbi seems good enough for now. No Verratti but that was known.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

well,

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

That is a dodgy as gently caress penalty call for Italy.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

lol well, it would've been completely undeserved.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

That's 3 in a row that Jorginho has hosed up, definitely ballon d'or material.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

greazeball posted:

Let's go you loving Swiss and Norns!

You're gonna win this 5-0 because

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

britishbornandbread posted:

You've been told Greece 06, but also Denmark 1994.

Bout to join this illustrious list, what an accomplishment.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

cool

cool

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Before anyone in here's time except Mambo but Nordhal.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

If we even get that far I’m assuming Ronald will just destroy us because of Mancini’s insistence on playing Juventus garbagemen.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Thinking about the last time I remember seeing a man named Trezeguet take a penalty in a cup final and having a nice chuckle.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

https://twitter.com/tancredipalmeri/status/1496879450268618753

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

What I’m taking away from this is that you should invade San Marino

100% certain that we’d end up ceding Rome to the sammarinesi despite the fact that the militaries of both nations are literally the same force.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Get your lols ready, Italy are 100% losing this on a Donnarumma howler or a Jorginho penalty miss.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Called it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

greazeball posted:

north fuckin macedonia man

Theyre fuckin massive