Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

See the title. I’m trying to think of one myself but I usually don’t care. The inverse of this, since I don’t have any really bad experiences off the top of my head, is one time my dad managed to duplicate For free an entire huge Taco Bell order by being extremely confusing about ordering it to the point that it stopped the whole restaurant and to get him out of there (with his 20ft trailer btw) they sent out two different guys with the same order just to make sure he got lost ASAP. But I don’t have a bad story really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER
Not really angry or even takeout, but I ordered delivery over the phone at a Chinese restaurant, and asked for a 2 liter drink. I received 2 20 oz bottles, and the printed receipt read "2 little bottle" instead of "2 liter." Like, how is that even a menu option? :confused:

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

One time I got a burrito at a local place that had a long piece of plastic bag in it, that sucked

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Only ever been a little bummed when something's missing because if there were enough items in the order for something to get left out I probably had another entree anyway.

I think I'd have to see someone spit in an order before I'd go back to complain/make it right, especially now during covid.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

I was coming home from a friends house at 3:30AM and a bit high still so I pulled into the McDonalds after the ~45 min trip home.

I ordered a Double QP with just cheese and mayo, and a large fry. Drove 10 mins home.

Opening the bag I saw my two items and set them out to have my snack. I noticed the burger felt off when I picked it up.

When I opened the QP box they had literally put two slices of American cheese and a squirt of mayo between the buns. No burgers. :(

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Many years ago Panda E gave me firecracker shrimp instead of chicken and I almost Had A Bad Day from it by being an inch from biting into it before looking down. Not asphyxiation bad allergies but hives, swelling and stomach pains which would still have been stupid to have to deal with.

Now I just don't gently caress with them or any other fast food place (looking at you del taco) during times they have shrimp based promotions or at all if it's a regular menu item.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

pro starcraft loser posted:

I was coming home from a friends house at 3:30AM and a bit high still so I pulled into the McDonalds after the ~45 min trip home.

I ordered a Double QP with just cheese and mayo, and a large fry. Drove 10 mins home.

Opening the bag I saw my two items and set them out to have my snack. I noticed the burger felt off when I picked it up.

When I opened the QP box they had literally put two slices of American cheese and a squirt of mayo between the buns. No burgers. :(

lmfao

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

when i dont get extra tenders in the bag from popeyes, op

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I had an order from Cook-Out where every item was replaced with something else, and it wasn't like it was a line of people and they could just transpose orders, it was just me lol

Just ate it and it was fine tho

Think I got madder when I was dying for a cappuccino milkshake and Cook-Out were all out of the coffee flavor they use for shakes. Went to Five Guys instead and leaned those fucks just dump straight instant coffee powder into their coffee shakes, like a shake just full of dry gritty poo poo. :wtf:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I didn't get home but checking my bag after getting drive thru at Taco Bell they didn't give me my fiesta potatoes. Not really an angry thing until I went in to get it fixed and it became clear that the guy who was supposed to be making the food had no loving clue how to make fiesta potatoes and just looked confused when I told him that it was wrong.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
If you are annoyed by picky eaters don't worry, we are punished, our special orders are ignored about half the time so I don't even get mad anymore.

One thing I order that is more a preference than because I don't want to eat something normal is almost always wrong though and it makes me sad when it's wrong.

When I was a kid Del Taco had chicken burritos that were just like their beef burritos but had chicken instead. So beans, cheese, chicken and red sauce. I really liked them. Subbing chicken into a beef burrito costs like $2.00 for some reason so the easiest way to get it is just to sub red sauce for green sauce on a spicy chicken burrito. In California this is never a problem.

For some reason in Arizona, this is always a shocking order. It's always greeted with incredulity. Even when I was going there fairly often and the worker was the same person for years, they always seemed like I was asking for the weirdest thing ever.

And they almost never do it. Usually they just ignore me and send it out with green sauce and it's fine. But often they just take sauce off all together and the sauce in the packets just isn't the same so this is a very disappointing experience and then I don't have the packets for the taco as intended.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

DessertStorm
Aug 9, 2013

Went to Popeye's at the peak of 'The Sandwich' hype, waited in the drive-thru so long that I got that bag of food and sped out of there at like 45 mph. I didn't realize I hadn't gotten my drink until I'd parked at my apartment.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
My closest McDonalds is in a super weird tiny plot of land. It used to be a tiny Tim Horton's but they left the country I guess? Anyways McDonalds turned the drivethrough into a 2-lane thing instead of 1. And now it is illegal to enter the drive through from the back, since it is 1lane and has to be open for vehicles to exit. I frequently get breakfast there (2 sausage mcmuffins w/ cheese no egg) for me and WITCHCRAFT Jr. when we drop mom off at work 6AM. I've seen so many people scrape their undercarriage across the "no you idiot, you can't go in here" curb, instead of going 360 degrees around the entire building to enter the drive through. I have also seen two people hit the glowing McDonalds signs, and one time there was a head-on collision of someone entering and someone leaving through the same one lane opening. The building and property itself is a shitshow.

Most of the time there are no errors in ordering, and they have really fast serve times. But when they gently caress up, it's not "oops we forgot something" instead they do the opposite of what you asked.

"sausage mcmuffin no egg" - an english muffin with egg. no sausage, no cheese.

"2 cheeseburger meal, no pickles in both burgers" - a double cheeseburger with no ketchup/mustard/onions, only cheese and pickle. and it was on the printout EXTRA PICKLE and they did not skimp out

All the customer-facing staff are super nice and attentive, there must be some turd in the back loving up orders on purpose. Each time, they didn't forget something. I got the opposite of what I asked for. Never had this happen at any restaurant fast food or otherwise in my life.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

I wasn't really angry, just perplexed and hungry. Years ago I went through the taco bell drive through, got the 3 regular hard taco meal. When I got home I discovered they forgot to put meat in any of them. Just lettuce, cheese and shell. The ticket didn't have anything unusual on it or anything. The only way I can think of to screw that up worse would be to forget the shell or tortilla.

I went back, not to be a jerk, but just to ask for some new tacos because I was hungry and it was late at night. Of course they decided to close like 20 minutes early and I was screwed. I kind of want tacos now.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I would be interested to know if the 2 lane thing really decreases time at small McDonalds. Doesn't actually seem like it. A separate pay and meal window definitely does I don't know why no one else adopts it (sometimes other places build a first window in but they always stop using it).

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

In-n-out has a separate pay window. With their patented “dude with a tablet” order taking system they're the kings of high-throughput drive thrus

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Rick posted:

I would be interested to know if the 2 lane thing really decreases time at small McDonalds. Doesn't actually seem like it. A separate pay and meal window definitely does I don't know why no one else adopts it (sometimes other places build a first window in but they always stop using it).

The only thing the 2 lane drive through that merges into one lane seems to accomplish is some rear end in a top hat trying to near accident causing edge his way in front of me to get to the window first.

This tends to be totally counterproductive as the only thing it usually to accomplishes is the person at the window having to rearrange the order of everything and try to figure out who ordered what, which ends up taking longer then if they just went with the flow.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I got a complete wrong order of a quarter pounder and apple pie. I ordered two snack wraps and a large fry. I went through the drive thru, so I had to into the store. The order being wrong didn't really bother me, but another one of the customers made a complained, made a crack? about me coming in to have them fix the order.

More funny than annoying, my parents once got chicken tenders instead of cookies. They were excited that they got some nice, warm cookies. They got to keep the chicken and got the cookies.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I ordered a sausage mcgriddle and got an english muffin with a slice of cheese what the gently caress

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
last time mini derps wanted mcdonalds as a treat for being good they gave her some loving connect 4 toy with paper pieces instead of the disney one she wanted (as well as loving our orders up) and now there are connect 4 pieces loving everywhere in the house

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i went to kfc once and ordered a famous bowl. halfway back home i looked and saw they had given me an enormous coleslaw instead. it took me 15 minutes to get back and have it corrected, but i could not imagine any other course of action.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...
I'm pretty lucky in that once in a blue moon I will get a simple mistake (order 2 burritos and they mess up which toppings go on which), but have not had a horrible mistake.

I once had the opposite where Nando's gave me what was clearly someone else's order on top of our own so we had leftovers for days. This was the beginning of the pandemic where orders already took forever to arrive so I imagine the guy who was already waiting 60 minutes for his chicken was loving livid.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Once I ordered in a chicken quesadilla and when I opened the bag, the quesadilla was wet, as if they got the chicken from soup or something. The wetness had leaked out into the bag onto everything else I'd ordered, and the pieces were stacked on top of each other -- STUCK to each other, like a wet chicken tortilla lasagna.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

One time I got Carl's Jr and the food was so steaming hot that it made the bag sopping wet.

Unfortunately, I did not realize this, and as I got out of my car to go into my house, the bag literally fell apart in my hand, spilling its precious bounty onto the dirty pavement.

Only the burgers were salvageable. :(

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
one time i picked up a pan pizza from dominos, and by the time i got home the cup holder in the car was half full of grease that had dripped out the bottom of the box.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

heehee posted:

one time i picked up a pan pizza from dominos, and by the time i got home the cup holder in the car was half full of grease that had dripped out the bottom of the box.

:lmao:

soggy rear end food that ain't supposed to be soggy is very cursed.

----------------

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
basically the only thing that MRS. WITCHCRAFT likes from mcdonalds is nuggets with sweet and sour sauce. we end up with extras so there's always a few extra sweet and sours sitting in a drawer at home just in case. but she still freaks out every single time i start to pull away from the window before checking the bag

so i hand the bag to her and put the car in drive, then just coast at an agonizingly slow 2 miles per hour while she flips out about WAIT WHAT IF THEY FORGOT THE SAUCE

if it turns out they did forget the sauce, i continue coasting forward at an agonizingly slow 2 miles per hour until we reach the door/sidewalk and then one of us goes inside

the sweet and sour packets at home never get used.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I have a bag of leftover sauce that I theoretically throw out every three months because I read somewhere that's around how long they last but it gets huge and sometimes it's more like five months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Whenever they make you wait for 5-10 minutes for the food, but give you cold lovely fries. That always pisses me off. Like give me some fresh loving fries if it's going to take 10 minutes to give me the drat burger. I don't even special order anything, just an off the menu sandwich...

----------------