Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Anyone watch supermoto gp?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=18mBWK8OD94

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Not to worry they can have a 3rd race at Redbull ring.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

There's f1 this weekend if you need some sort of vrooms to hold you over.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I've always had trouble getting into wsbk for some reason. Granted I was an F1 fan first and motogp is easy to get excited about, but I agree with you that the F1 melodrama can take a few races to get into. For first time fans I usually tell them to watch the Netflix documentary first which does a very good job introducing the sport without getting too far in the weeds.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Collateral Damage posted:

You watch F1 for the off-track drama and the Mercedes / Red Bull slapfight. You watch MotoGP for the racing.

It's an email fight about whose corner it was.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Now that was pod racing.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Slavvy posted:

I honestly thought that had been cancelled.

I find it funny that Japan thought hosting an Olympics was alright but a crowdless race at motegi? Unacceptable.

I don't think they wanted to have the Olympics either.

No way anything is closed in Texas, the governor is too Republican, even though he has covid righf now.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Great race all around today.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Besides Pecco's charge through the field the race was boring compared to the last several rounds. What am I watching, F1? Combine that with the dangerous surface and dumb rule lawyering, I'm behind scrapping COTA as a venue.

Russian Bear fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Oct 4, 2021

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

What's the general rule around the front wheel in motorcycle racing? And I'm talking both amateur and pro classes?

I know it's very different (except the two wheels thing), but generally in bicycle racing your front wheel is your responsibility. Yeah they guy who cut you off and moved offline (for whatever reason) is a dick but ultimately it's a race incident because you put your safety in the hands of someone else. Granted how this gets applied is always ymmv, but that's the gist.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Has Alex Marquez tried not crashing for one race weekend?

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Can't wait to see those wacky races.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Quartararo can put in the work and slice up the field when he needs to, big kudos to him. Well deserved champion from what I saw this season. First season watching motogp again in 5+ years.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

How will Ducati cock it up this weekend? Looking forward to Fabio fighting up from 3rd row.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Miller setting everyone up to disappoint them again at the end of FP2.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Is it race season yet? Come onnnnnn

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Disappointed the hashtag is not #SepangShebang

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

It's a week until the first round of 2022, do we need a new thread? Or maybe just a new title

MotoGP 2022: ride to survive

MotoGP 2022: two arms two eyes

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Pick your favorite spanish guy.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Bastianini very impressive, also big Binder. Both will lose a bunch of positions in the first few laps.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I'm now an Enea fan

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Mandalika is going to give us another surprising result is my bold prediction.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Anyone watch MotoGP unlimited yet? Checking out first episode now and so far I just learned which riders have which dogs. I don’t expect that this will be that great, especially since I followed the season anyway.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Chris Knight posted:

I saw on Twitter that they dubbed everyone? Which is a bizarre choice.

Looks like they fixed this or my permanent subtitles on over rode this somehow? There's lots of reading subtitles, which I know will turn some people off the series. The second episode got better, Jack seems like a really solid guy.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I’m surprised how little crashing happened in the race with how wet it was. I never get tired of watching Fabio work his way through the field. I missed what happened earlier on with him dropping back? Was it just hitting the paint in several corners and then figuring out he can’t go that wide?

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

I finished watching MotoGP unlimited... and I really liked it. Like more so than drive to survive, which i know isn't that hard if you're not looking for soap opera. MGPU had a great mix of heartfelt stories and gave you a sensical chronological approach.

Also looks like FIM is banning the ride height device for 2023.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Marq came to fight, shame about the start. Was great watching him work through the pack.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Chris Knight posted:

Anyway the Suzuki boys were looking decent again. Moto2 was a bloodbath holy crap.

I'm liking suzuki being able to fight for podium. Compared to last year when they were somewhere off the back.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Oops wrong one

Russian Bear fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Apr 12, 2022

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Marq was robbed

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

That guy standing in the moto2 crash screen cap did a nifty jump out of the way when the other guy crashed.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Ducati will definitely make the worst possible decision.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Oooof Quartararo’s balls

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wMH0cUJI8ho

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

How is Ducati going to faff it up tomorrow with Pecco.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Alex Marquez actually looked like he knew how not to crash last weekend.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Kawi is near top of the heap in WSBK and it took them a while to get there. I don't imagine they want to spend a bunch of $$$ trying to develop a motogp bike from scratch just to be near the rear end end.

Incredible save by Marq from that lowside.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

They released an ~all new~ hayabusa, but i think everything else is on a 20+ year platform.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Chris Knight posted:

lol reading more on The-Race.com, the Suzuki news came out right before Golden Week in Japan, which is a week-long national holiday, so of course no one at HQ can be reached for clarification.

Taking a page from the Italian handbook. "Sorry we're on vacation".

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

F1 teams were trying and succeeding with loving around with this last year that led to newer stricter rules. No surprise to see it here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Sounds like they're going to put all the racing bux into EV development.