Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I read the comic way way back in the day and had forgotten most of it and for some reason when I was watching the show I kept hearing 'Atom Eve' as 'Adam Eve' which was real confusing. It doesn't help that they changed the logo on her chest from a female gender symbol superimposed with an atom design to a female gender symbol that is crossed out

Plus I'm a huge idiot, that didn't help either. :v:

Until your post I thought it was Adam Eve as well. I thought there was going to be some play on gender norms with the symbol plus the dual gender name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

Hakkesshu posted:

Yes, and this looked way worse than that.

I mean if you’re going to nitpick the scene at the kitchen table was way worse. Still frames with a barely animated mouth.

But you have to pick your battles. Saving money on scenes with very little movement so they can splurge on battle scenes is par for the course in animation. It’s all about how you hide it.

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016
Liked the ending, I appreciated that they gave mark some time to process what happened at the end. But come on give your mom a hug man. If someone can’t see that Debbie got plenty of character arc to chew on this season then idk what to tell them. In addition, they have set her up to be pretty much the moral core of the show moving forward so that’s great.

If we are handing out other supper hero show recommendations let me throw out two. First for western style animation: Harley Quinn is a different take on the dc universe, three seasons and is a complete story. Also, Ron funches voices king shark and is great.

Second for anime, Mob Psycho is by the same guy who did one punch man and is a wholesome show about developing emotional maturity in a superhero. It helps that the animation is gorgeous.

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

JT Smiley posted:

I don't even get that guys original complaint about the show wasting Sandra Oh.They gave Debbie more agency in eight episodes than she had in the entire comic's run.

That bit from early in the season “does it make you feel like a big man that you could hurt me?” and in light of how the finale played out seems like Debbie was just as important to Nolan’s defeat as mark was.

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

Takes No Damage posted:

^^^
Like her support group buddy said, it takes time.

Depending on what era of Vegeta you mean, yes.

I have never been to a 12 step like program so maybe this is reading into things. But did it seem like he was hitting on her? He seemed like kind of a terrible person before he name dropped his ex but then he casually breaks the first rule of their group, huge red flag. In the end he lacks the brain power to realize Nolan is her abuser and goes off in a huff. Low class dude.

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I dunno, I think its completely normal for a person to not want to interact with the person who was the wife of the person that brutally murdered his girlfriend.

I mean sure don’t invite her to bar time anymore, but he broke the rule of the group. Then at the end he is the one that threatens her with violence. It’s just a weird interaction all around.

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

Darko posted:

I agree. I really noticed in Walking Dead and Marvel zombies where it starts off strong with some really shocking stuff, then it spins its wheels for X amount of time, then shockingly kills someone you like, repeats. It also does the "this one shocking death should have happened but it didn't because they survived" thing. You just start to expect the same thing over and over after you start reading one of his series for too long.

This what made me give up on the walking dead tv show. The same story beat repeated for the 3rd time with new set dressing was tiresome. That and the fake out on Steven yuens death it just wasn’t worth it anymore.

I am hoping that invincible having the arc of his life as a back drop will even some of that out. But we shall see.

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

Hughlander posted:

I thought Childhood's end is basically, "Humans are going to evolve no matter what, sucks for you born before then"

Yeah childhoods end is a weird addition to the list. I guess if the category is “aliens come down and tell us to do something’s we should already be doing.” It fits but the aliens there are like “don’t do animal abuse” so it’s a bit of a tough sell.

It feels like the complaint is that with out context the viltrumites offer would be pretty good. If their offer is pay us taxes and let us offer free space collage to any one that signs up for our armed forces. Well how is that different than today? I am sure that forced eugenics and death camps are in the cards. But I am extrapolating that. A little foreshadowing would be appreciated is all I am saying.

It could be that’s what angstrom will reveal next week, what happened to all the worlds that signed on.

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016
The thing that bothered me the most about the black eye was it looked like the same piece of clip art copy and pasted on to the models with the eyebrows drawn on top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

Open Source Idiom posted:

Jason Manzoukas' voice makes Rex sound distractingly old imo.

The casting, in general, is wild to me. Single episode cameos from Jonathan Groff or Jeffrey Donovan to play, like, random walk-ons. Or Callista Flockhart playing the babysitter.

I guess if you have the money.

Some of these they literally phone in. In that they get the actor on the phone (probably something else these days, zoom?) and have them do the lines there. Easy way to make some bucks between things.