Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Use several discarded novels as leverage to free the boat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sing Along

by Athanatos

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

One man's stuck ship is another man's cool new canal bridge.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

vanisher

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

vanisher

vanisher

vanisher

nut

passing out in ecstasy thinkin bout how many yugioh cards it must've taken to weigh that thing down

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
put some ship food at the end of the canal

nut posted:

passing out in ecstasy thinkin bout how many yugioh cards it must've taken to weigh that thing down
lmao

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

:popeye:

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??
Put lipstick and a wig on another cargo ship and have it wave a handkerchief and yell "yoo-hoo"

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Look I might only be saying this because I've been binging Evangelion, but still, hear me out : a giant robot piloted by teens?

Escape From Noise

Maybe the mods should unsticky the ship.

Elmnt80

Escape From Noise posted:

Maybe the mods should unsticky the ship.

I tried that since apparently being carmod means I get super powers of controlling all vehicles, but it didn't work. :smith:

They should just let it finish its nap, its very cranky rn.

alnilam

Elmnt80 posted:

I tried that since apparently being carmod means I get super powers of controlling all vehicles, but it didn't work. :smith:

They should just let it finish its nap, its very cranky rn.

I think BFC mods get dominion over large watercraft

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Assume that the ship is a cylinder and just roll it out.

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??
It's actually impossible. Just realize the truth that there is no boat and all you have to do is unstick yourself.

biosterous

turn the canal upside down and shake it loose

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Stoner Sloth

alright hear me out... what if we got a bigger ship and pushed it out of the way?

oh that got stuck too? poo poo. alright hear me out, what if we got an even bigger...

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Finger Prince

Anyone remember that movie The Philadelphia Experiment?

Manifisto

Finger Prince posted:

yeah, that one where the aircraft carrier contracted HIV and went back in time to find a cure, that was a doozy

ty nesamdoom!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Finger Prince posted:

Yes! We'll build a time machine on the ship and transport it into the future where someone else can deal with it!

Bravo!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

2Fast2Nutricious

Just have like five guys (actual people not the burger place) start digging down to drain the canal. Then put floaties underneath and let the water back in

alnilam

Buttchocks posted:

Assume that the ship is a cylinder and just roll it out.

Just casually rotating a bunch of ships in my mind

ty manifisto

The Walrus Cancer

If we were all trees, there'd be no more wars. 'Cause we'd be trees.
Instead of pushing the ship out of the canal, pull the canal out from under the ship.

Ventral EggSac

Push as if you're having a bowel movement. Relax your body and thighs and push as if you’re having the biggest BM of your life. And speaking of bowel movements, put all your concentration and focus into the pushing — not into worrying about whether you'll be emptying your bowels or passing urine while you're at it (that happens to every delivering canal— and people who attend container ship removals for a living understand this, expect this and don't think twice about it).

Tuck your chin to your chest. If you're propped up on your back, make sure you put your chin to your chest to push. This will help you focus your pushes to where they need to be. It might also help to look down below your naval so you remember where your pushes should originate from.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

tuggin

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Maybe we should consider whether or not it's even a canal at all and not a big fuckin boat holder

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Mods please rename this thread Naval Methods for the Unsticking of a Long Ship from a Narrow Canal

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Just give the boat a crave case from White Castle, it'll loosen up in about 30 minutes

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Have you considered just cutting the middle out of the boat so other boats can drive through, bing bing bong so simple

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

It would own really hard if the ship wasn't even stuck at all, it was just tired of everyone's bullshit and faking it

cruft

I heard the ship is no longer stuck.

Way to go everybody. We may never know which of our suggestions led to the boat unsticking, but rest assured that collectively we have made the world a better place for long ships that unexpectedly became wide ships.

alnilam

Paying attention to tantrums like this only feeds them. Just walk away and say something like "okay, I'm going to sail through the mediterranean, I'd love for you to join me when you're ready, see you later" and when the ship sees you get a few nautical miles away it will quickly steam after you

ty manifisto

Escape From Noise

Another BYOB success story!

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

cruft posted:

I heard the ship is no longer stuck.

Way to go everybody. We may never know which of our suggestions led to the boat unsticking, but rest assured that collectively we have made the world a better place for long ships that unexpectedly became wide ships.

Another byob success story. :toot:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Well, I wasn't ready for the ship to become unstuck.

I refuse to believe that the ship is unstuck.

Escape From Noise

Teddy Thunders posted:

Well, I wasn't ready for the ship to become unstuck.

I refuse to believe that the ship is unstuck.

Ship shipping

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm a stuck ship Truther

Escape From Noise

Refusing to believe my shipment from overseas has arrived because it's clearly blocked by that boat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

Escape From Noise posted:

Refusing to believe my shipment from overseas has arrived because it's clearly blocked by that boat

Don't fret, EFN, we'll all be getting our sex arses soon enough.