Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
So the animation budget is finally back just in time for yet another tournament arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
I don't care about any of these characters they just introduced and I suspect they will never matter again why are we spending multiple episodes on these fights? When do we get to the goddam fireworks factory. Jesus.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex

MonsterEnvy posted:

Honestly it was not bad.

It was pretty bad. The first "English" line she delivers at least is incomprehensible.

It's a bit part, I don't know why they don't do more cross-promotional stuff for characters like these with bilingual pop singers or vtubers.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
If you write a scene in a piece of media where a conflict is resolved because someone runs INTO the shadow of a falling object I think you should be barred from professional writing forever.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex

Nanigans posted:

Wow. So no one is going to comment on how ridiculously nice the animation was in this episode, especially for Iida? Smh

It looked really cool but it was kind of undercut by how inconsistent it was from moment to moment. One second he does the Flash move where he drive-by punches someone at 300mph and then the next he fails to outrun a very slowly collapsing tower.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
I distinctly recall a pivotal scene in this show where All Might was on his knees promising a worried mother that he would keep her son safe and reminding the audience that the injuries these literal children suffer are real and have consequences. But gently caress it lets just have the students start suffocating each other and burning down the arena. It's tournament arcs all the way down!

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Well logically Bakugo should really spend his entire life in a hospital having his sweat harvested for pharmaceutical purposes.
-a web comic by someone who's just so very smart, you see

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Bakugo is the type of person who screams at baristas when they write the name slightly wrong on a cup and I will never understand why people expended so much brainpower fawning over an unrepentant bully.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
This episode was cool and good and could have happened 6 episodes ago.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
So is this show just an extended advertisement for the movies now or what? Should we just think of it as Agents of M.H.A.?

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex

Fabricated posted:

a final badguy for them shows up that we didn't know hardly anything about, then that badguy loses.

Don't spoil Mugen Train, come on.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
You know your anime has finally arrived when you can tell your friends who are curious about it to skip long stretches of episodes at a time.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Does the manga explain why no one has a gun here? I mean for the most part there's comic book logic at work in the super hero medium but this is supposed to be some sort of master stroke ambush by extremely prepared antagonists right?

It seems like nameless extras are dying by the score largely because no one is smart enough to just plug Darbi or Tomura from 40yrds. Or, I don't know, do anything OTHER than bum rush Flames Man and Proximity Disintegration Man.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
So since my original question was clearly "why are they bum rushing the proximally omnicidal guys if this was supposed to be an extremely well-planned operation?" and not "heh, why doesn't Superman just turn a giant crank etc." I guess the only actual answer mentioned is that MLA quirk supremacy provides the pretext necessary for them to be as dumb as the writing needs them to be in order to crank out a chapter every week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
There's "tragic backstory" and then there's "over-indulgent bathos" and that episode felt far more like the latter. Also it seems like if Quirks manifest during the stage in early childhood development where children have very little control over impulse and emotion then these kinds of tragedies should be way more commonplace.