Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Tyreek is one of those players that I'm not checking to see how things work out with them, and they can be someone else's risk/reward

- he lost his WR2 games last year, making him a week winner but also a week loser. He was still WR7 but he had six top-12 finishes and 8 outside the top-36.

- star WR don't always maintain production their first year on a new team

- short and intermediate range is insanely crowded (Waddle, Gesicki, Chase Edmonds) meaning he will need to get lots of deeper passes

- Tua isn't a deep ball guy (#31 in aDOT, #14 in catchable deep ball rate)

All of that is too much for me in the second round because it smells like a lot of volatility

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea I’m not touching him. I can’t seem him being an WR1.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Spoeank posted:

- Tua isn't a deep ball guy (#31 in aDOT, #14 in catchable deep ball rate)

Wasn't Miami's line 31st or 32nd last year? Hard to throw deep balls, especially with accuracy, when you have next to no time in the pocket.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

What I'm concerned about is the supposed rumors from unnamed Miami players leaking that Tua can't find open guys. That may be bullshit but if it is true yikes.

Reid was pretty great at creating situations to get Hill the ball in open space and I'm not sure that can be replicated. I'm not salty that Hill left or anything just that I've seen a lot of people really digging into the situation. If it starts to go south in Miami I can see Hill get disgruntled awfully quick too.

That said taking someone like Bateman over him seems like a pretty huge reach.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

McDaniel was manufacturing touches for Deebo last season. Hill just cost them a lot, they’ll try their best to get him the ball at the expense of everyone else.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

dkj posted:

McDaniel was manufacturing touches for Deebo last season. Hill just cost them a lot, they’ll try their best to get him the ball at the expense of everyone else.

Tyreek is faster than Deebo but does he have the full on RB skillset that Deebo does? They're both great players in their ways but I doubt Tyreek can replicate last years Deebo with Waddell being legit.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Tyreek is faster than Deebo but does he have the full on RB skillset that Deebo does? They're both great players in their ways but I doubt Tyreek can replicate last years Deebo with Waddell being legit.

I don't think he's saying Tyreek is going to be Deebo. But rather that McDaniel was great at scheming a guy like Deebo touches. And because Miami used a LOT of draft capital on Tyreek they're going to do their best to feature him.

Tyreek going to get work.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Tyreek definitely isn't Deebo, but he did play some RB in college. Honestly I'd be kind of worried if he was getting that kind of usage at 185lbs.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Deebo Samuel is 30 pounds heavier than Reek. To put it in RB terms, Deebo (6'0" 216) is built like Chris Carson (6'0" 218) and Reek at 5'10" 185 is built like literally no good running back since 2000, but he weighs as much as Darren Sproles at 4 inches taller.

Reek is good for maybe a sweep or whatever per game but he's not gonna do a Deebo. Especially because Deebo didn't wanna be Deebo and the 49ers only did it because all their good RBs died and Jeff Wilson & Trey Sermon combined for 30 carries for 80 yards against the Jags.

As for the line they were 32 in pass block win rate so yeah they sucked rear end. Adding Terron Armstead is just gonna move them from the worst to merely bad. It also doesn't account for Tua being not great going deep against air at camp.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

fennesz posted:

I don't think he's saying Tyreek is going to be Deebo. But rather that McDaniel was great at scheming a guy like Deebo touches. And because Miami used a LOT of draft capital on Tyreek they're going to do their best to feature him.

Tyreek going to get work.

Part of manufacturing Deebo touches took advantage of him being that duel threat player though. I can see the reasoning for why someone would expect the Dolphins to try to use Tyreek like Deebo but he's not going to be able to do that. They're just to different imo.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Part of manufacturing Deebo touches took advantage of him being that duel threat player though. I can see the reasoning for why someone would expect the Dolphins to try to use Tyreek like Deebo but he's not going to be able to do that. They're just to different imo.

Them being different types of players is irrelevant. Manufacturing touches for a player just means finding a way to get the ball to a player. It doesn’t require adding a rushing element to his work.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is it possible that Tyreek can just throw the ball to himself?

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Deebo looks like he's going around WR7 right now, one spot ahead of Tyreek. Do we actually think Trey Lance will be better than Tua at supporting both a WR1/TE1?

Like, these guys are in the exact same boat right?

What I'm saying is: what is the probability neither Tua nor Trey Lance is better than Jimmy G?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Deebo can get his points on the ground. I him getting touches a lot more than Reek.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Drunk Nerds posted:

Needs just one more. Slow draft

Still need one?

Ayudo posted:

Deebo looks like he's going around WR7 right now, one spot ahead of Tyreek. Do we actually think Trey Lance will be better than Tua at supporting both a WR1/TE1?

Like, these guys are in the exact same boat right?

What I'm saying is: what is the probability neither Tua nor Trey Lance is better than Jimmy G?

I think there is a 40% chance Tua is better than Jimmy G and a 60% chance that Lance is better than Jimmy G, so there is a 24% chance that neither of them are better than Jimmy G. Hope that helps. But a little more seriously, I think Lance is kind of a black box, where as a fantasy QB himself I think he will be better than Jimmy G, but it is really hard to predict how that would translate to receivers. I can see the increased threat of a deep ball or running option freeing up some space around receivers in the middle of the field compared to Garoppolo, but those plays could also be directly taking away touches from Deebo/Kittle, and he could end up being bad where everyone loses value.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 18, 2022

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

How do folks feel about Hurts this year? He was shockingly consistent at putting up points last year although he petered off a bit at the end, and he has AJ Brown being an Eagle now?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I mean he's top ten at least with my league's scoring. Ahead of Rodgers and Burrow. Who would have thought? I kept hearing local media in Philly shake their heads and say he's a nice guy but he'll never be a good QB and here he is putting up numbers, fantasy at least.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea he’s not a good QB but his running ability makes him a good fantasy QB

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Hurts is a great fantasy quarterback but struggled playing real quarterback at times last year. Notably below average on third down, and only managed 16 passing TDs to 9 Ints (Also 10 rushing TDs).
https://stathead.com/tiny/KDiD6

He's sort of a diet Lamar Jackson, but I'm not sure how committed the Eagles really are to him. He'll probably have a long leash if he can make it to the bye week 3-3. Thats pretty achievable though looking at their schedule. Their tougher matchups being against Dallas, Arizona, and Minnesota early.

I'm probably mostly avoiding Hurts this season. His price seems too high for someone who got benched for Gardner Minshew last year.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ayudo posted:

His price seems too high for someone who got benched for Gardner Minshew last year.
The only week that Hurts missed was due to an ankle injury, not a benching.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

The only week that Hurts missed was due to an ankle injury, not a benching.

He actually got benched twice. Once for Nate Sudfeld late in game 16 against Washington: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1OObqTIr48

Minshew got the nod against Dallas in game 17.

Hurts still got the nod in the playoffs though against Tampa.

Edit: I'm an idiot. Wrong year. Pederson benched him late in the 20-21 season not Sirianni last year.

Ayudo fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 20, 2022

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Another thing to remember about Hurts is he only started 4 games in 2020 and that was with completely different coaching staff. Sure he had more NFL experience than all of the rookie QBs who started 2021, but comparing him to them I thought he did great. Especially when you consider he had to learn two systems within two years.

I'm all over Hurts again this year.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Hurts got benched for Sudfeld in 2020 one of the most hilarious tank jobs ever

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Is there a way with Yahoo to allow all teams into the playoffs? Near as I can tell it just allows 6 or 8?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Elendil004 posted:

Is there a way with Yahoo to allow all teams into the playoffs? Near as I can tell it just allows 6 or 8?

I’d hope not

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/thefantasyeng/status/1540406948092313600?s=21&t=S7H0ibn04SPVKznUG8ztAA

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My dynasty league doesn't want to draft rookies until August. I keep telling them most leagues draft after the real draft. Help me make some compelling points to convince them because "I'm loving bored and hate baseball" isn't cutting it

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kiimo posted:

My dynasty league doesn't want to draft rookies until August. I keep telling them most leagues draft after the real draft. Help me make some compelling points to convince them because "I'm loving bored and hate baseball" isn't cutting it
Drafting closer to the season is better for everyone.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

The overwhelming majority of dynasty leagues I'm aware of do the rookie draft ~a week after the NFL draft. Waiting until kickoff for rookie drafts in dynasty sounds like something I'd only consider if I was in a league that wasn't very competitive.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Doing the dynasty rookie draft early just fucks people. It’s a valid thing to do but I’d prefer to wait.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
In a dynasty league, I think it's ideal to do your rookie drafts as close to the NFL draft as possible so that every offseason narrative and news segment can potentially be points of interest that lead to trades. More potential interaction between owners instead of them waiting until everything has played out to pick their guys. Also there's a greater chance of later round picks actually hitting as an earlier draft will have more unknown variables and it will more closely reflect the actual draft capital spent on the players but once you get to training camp, any news blurbs will massively impact ADP.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The healthiest dynasty league I'm in is the goon dynasty league and we shut down shop for like 5 months out of the year so we can all have normal brains for a while. I think it depends on the tone and tenor of the league.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
This will be my first rookie draft in my new dynasty league. We are kinda splitting the difference and starting in mid July. 24 hour pick clock to allow for trades to be explored. We’ll see how it goes. People were getting bored, but also understood the value of waiting for preseason…

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
All/almost all of my dynasty leagues do early draft, a week or two after the NFL draft, then have faab and waivers start after the rookie draft. So you get the hype of drafting shortly after the NFL draft, while also plenty of opportunity to scoop up UDFAs or very late picks that are getting camp buzz.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Tiptoes posted:

In a dynasty league, I think it's ideal to do your rookie drafts as close to the NFL draft as possible so that every offseason narrative and news segment can potentially be points of interest that lead to trades. More potential interaction between owners instead of them waiting until everything has played out to pick their guys. Also there's a greater chance of later round picks actually hitting as an earlier draft will have more unknown variables and it will more closely reflect the actual draft capital spent on the players but once you get to training camp, any news blurbs will massively impact ADP.

:emptyquote:

I'm only in the one dynasty league (posted the startup draft I did a bit ago), but I nerd out over dynasty with a few folks who are more experienced and this is my exact take away as well.

Game-Blouses posted:

This will be my first rookie draft in my new dynasty league. We are kinda splitting the difference and starting in mid July. 24 hour pick clock to allow for trades to be explored. We’ll see how it goes. People were getting bored, but also understood the value of waiting for preseason…

Post your results when your draft is on!

fennesz fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jun 26, 2022

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Meanwhile on the redraft front, I just did a FootballGuys Players Championship draft last night and was flabbergasted when these two guys went as back to back picks in the 5th round.

2022 is officially the Year of Gabriel Davis apparently. They're basically equal players, right?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Gabe Davis is sneaking up in big field pools because of Josh Allen stacks and people being out of their mind.

He's still like WR37 by bog standard redraft ADP

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MVS on the Chiefs is this year's homer pick for me that I tell myself not to reach on and then do it anyway. MVS did an interview where he said he basically didn't run a lot of intricate routes in Green Bay, that his job was to be the go route and post route guy to take a safety and extra coverage off of Davante Adams if he could. But on the Chiefs they've had him running all the route trees at X and Y. He was without a doubt the star of the OTAs and that might carry into camp. Lots of opportunity with Reek gone and Juju has been pretty quiet.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

kiimo posted:

I'd quit my league if they made me think about football in general before August let alone rookies. I can go hard from September to playoffs and after that I am head empty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

At least with MVS you are potentially getting a bargain when Skyy Moore is going two rounds ahead of him and JuJu is going in the loving 6th for some reason. Maybe that flips by the time the season starts but MVS is kinda persona non grata among a lot of players so I am thinking probably not.

Speaking of drafting early, check out my early draft. I like looking at the draft results for higher stakes leagues that draft early since they can point out early trends and interesting value pockets that the general field will later catch up to. It's FFPC rules so PPR + TE premium + heavy incentives to get as many points as possible (hence the double ups on QB/TE positions even though it's 1QB).

I drafted out of the #3 spot.