Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

We really need a new thread name.

edit: or a 2022 thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

2022: anyone have rankings for my new points per allegation league?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

kiimo posted:

MVS on the Chiefs is this year's homer pick for me that I tell myself not to reach on and then do it anyway. MVS did an interview where he said he basically didn't run a lot of intricate routes in Green Bay, that his job was to be the go route and post route guy to take a safety and extra coverage off of Davante Adams if he could. But on the Chiefs they've had him running all the route trees at X and Y. He was without a doubt the star of the OTAs and that might carry into camp. Lots of opportunity with Reek gone and Juju has been pretty quiet.

I'm really glad to see someone with the same thoughts on MVS. I'm a Packer fan. Rodgers missed MVS a LOT on his deep routes this year. MVS also had no drops in 2021 - which is the thing I keep seeing people bring up as the biggest knock against him.

I thought MVS improved quite a bit in 2021 and I he's consistently a WR I've been targeting in my many best ball drafts thus far.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

dkj posted:

2022: anyone have rankings for my new points per allegation league?

Allgeiers and Allegations

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

We do our rookie draft right before the regular season starts because it sucks mega hard to waste top draft picks on some dude who blows his ACL in the preseason. We had to do a slow draft last year and so it started a little bit earlier than I would have preferred and I spent 1.3 on Travis Etienne hours before he died.

IMO the earlier your rookie draft, the more random the outcomes e.g. it discounts skill in favor of luck. I prefer to reduce the variance in fantasy football as much as I can because it's already like 70% luck in the best of times.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I actually have the opposite take. Drafting earlier rewards the managers who are better at assessing some combination of talent, potential and landing spot as opposed to drafting later. If you draft, say, a week before kickoff you can just use the extra time during the summer to study up on players and wait for the ADP to completely flesh itself out. I don't watch CFB and managers who follow it all season and into the NFL draft rightfully have an advantage over players like me. I'm almost entirely dependent on watching film reviews and writeups to make my decision.

Sure it sucks ETN tore his ACL had a lisfranc injury last year but that could have happened during the combine, minicamps, OTAs, workouts, etc.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jun 26, 2022

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Spoeank posted:

Allgeiers and Allegations

Done deal

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

fennesz posted:

Sure it sucks ETN tore his ACL last year but that could have happened during the combine, minicamps, OTAs, workouts, etc.

And Guice blew his acl less than 24hrs after I drafted him as well. Same league as Leperfish who you quoted.

2 times in the same league it's absolutely hosed the 1.02 pick over by drafting more than a week or 10 days before week 1.

No one will convince me that in a dynasty league that earlier drafting is better.

Leper would have made playoffs if he had ETN healthy or had picked literally any other RB that contributed instead.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
People should shut their fantasy football brains off for months out of the year unless they're paid to feed the degenerates.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ches Neckbeard posted:

People should shut their fantasy football brains off for months out of the year unless they're paid to feed the degenerates.

I don't have any kids. I am no longer engaged. I hate baseball. The NBA draft is over so even basketball is done. I'm bored and I work really really hard and want the welcome distraction from work. If I can follow fantasy football during the dog days of summer that would be a welcome distraction but maybe I'm just one of the degenerates.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Accept your degeneracy into your heart like Darwin Thompson

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

fennesz posted:

Sure it sucks ETN tore his ACL last year but that could have happened during the combine, minicamps, OTAs, workouts, etc.
Its the same thing (in terms of time missed) but I'd like to point out it was a Lisfranc injury and not an ACL, just in case anyone who is more casual is following and would potentially skip drafting him because they thought he had a torn ACL instead of his Lisfranc injury, which has been fully healed for months now.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jun 26, 2022

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

kiimo posted:

I don't have any kids. I am no longer engaged. I hate baseball. The NBA draft is over so even basketball is done. I'm bored and I work really really hard and want the welcome distraction from work. If I can follow fantasy football during the dog days of summer that would be a welcome distraction but maybe I'm just one of the degenerates.
Right there with you, brother! :hfive:

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Its the same thing but I'd like to point out it was a Lisfranc injury and not an ACL, just in case anyone who is more casual is following and would potentially skip drafting him because they thought he had a torn ACL instead of his Lisfranc injury, which has been fully healed for months now.
A Lisfranc injury is actually scarier than a torn ACL. Guys are far more likely to return to form after the latter.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was going to say that scares me more not less.

Sammy Watkins was also "fully healed" and also never the same.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Fantasy football is simply my favorite hobby. Sure I could go hunt or fish, but I choose this. The more of it I can do, I'm good to go. Every year I wonder why I'm in 7+ leagues, and every year I remember that I love this stupid game that aggravates the poo poo out of me.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

We do our rookie draft right before the regular season starts because it sucks mega hard to waste top draft picks on some dude who blows his ACL in the preseason. We had to do a slow draft last year and so it started a little bit earlier than I would have preferred and I spent 1.3 on Travis Etienne hours before he died.

IMO the earlier your rookie draft, the more random the outcomes e.g. it discounts skill in favor of luck. I prefer to reduce the variance in fantasy football as much as I can because it's already like 70% luck in the best of times.

Generally, the opposite of this.

The later your draft is, the more ADP is settled and news has come out about players from camp/etc, which reduces the expected range of outcomes and returns, limiting the ability for a "skilled" drafter to separate themselves.

Injuries are fundamentally random, I wouldn't worry about them either way. ETNs startup ADP is unchanged from last off-season, iirc, so you still got appropriate value. (though drafting him at 1.03 was probably a mistake regardless)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

College football sucks and no one should be rewarded for watching or caring about it. Thus, the later your rookie draft is, the better.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Ok but MACTION

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I never understood what the thread title was supposed to mean or why it would be funny so I completely agree it should be changed to something, anything.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

RCarr posted:

College football sucks

Thread title?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

fennesz posted:

Thread title?

How about Fantasy Football Sucks instead?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Why is my entire team injured?

Maybe?

Edit: Dear Commish, we should expand IR...

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

RCarr posted:

I never understood what the thread title was supposed to mean or why it would be funny so I completely agree it should be changed to something, anything.

I took it as a pun on “open back up” that was a slogan when everything was shut down due to COVID but :shrug:

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Open her up

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Cat Hassler posted:

I took it as a pun on “open back up” that was a slogan when everything was shut down due to COVID but :shrug:

:lol:

I actually kind of like the thread title now. It's so bad it's good.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Sleeper just implemented the sleep timer, just in time for my best ball draft on Friday. :dance:

See you later Fantrax.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Fishing for input here. My main league used to do a silent bidding via text thing on previous seasons’ waiver pickups, but it was always very clunky and everyone finally voted on just doing normal auction style.

Is there a platform that will allow you to create a custom field of players and then go through them in a regular auction style? Preferably in a way that is just a mock or one-off so we don’t have to get every owner to create a new Sleeper account and team or something. We have a whole google doc that keeps records on keeper values so it wouldn’t need to be saved to a league anyway.

Nevermind, I was making this needlessly complicated. Just going to reactivate an old unused ESPN league that has 8/10 of our owners already in it and make it Auction.

Whoreson Welles fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jul 1, 2022

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

fennesz posted:

Thread title?

I did it all for DiNucci

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Cat Hassler posted:

Yeah it was this. But yeah, we also need a new thread with a new title.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I don't wanna step on toes if someone is already working on a new thread but if not I'll put one together in the morning

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Spoeank posted:

I don't wanna step on toes if someone is already working on a new thread but if not I'll put one together in the morning

Go for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

It is done

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4006641