Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Ty1990 posted:

Dynasty draft in 30 minutes

Got offered Crowder, 26 overall, and a 3 next year for Devante Parker.

Yay or nay?

Crowder is a huge question mark going forward. He seems like he is being phased out. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be sneaky value. He has yet to be displaced as NYJ's #1, and only, receiver worth a drat.

Honestly though, I'm not sure how much I want with Miami's offense. They have a lot of mouths to feed for a primary running team and those two extra picks might be worth more than both receivers combined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I ended up holding onto Parker. There just wasn’t anything available at those picks that I liked. Thanks for the input.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Crowder is a very likely cap casualty. Think he’s owed like $10m this season.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

dkj posted:

Crowder is a very likely cap casualty. Think he’s owed like $10m this season.

The jets aren't cap constrained this year. There's no reason to cut him until they see what else they have in the slot.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Zauper posted:

The jets aren't cap constrained this year. There's no reason to cut him until they see what else they have in the slot.

I think Elijah Moore would have to get hurt or poo poo the bed horribly this summer to not be the primary slot guy this season

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ty1990 posted:

I think Elijah Moore would have to get hurt or poo poo the bed horribly this summer to not be the primary slot guy this season

They are going to try to get Moore and Crowder on the field at the same time but I wouldn't want either of them in fantasy this year.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Is the goon superflex dynasty league startup still happening? I’d be down.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Quarterroys posted:

Is the goon superflex dynasty league startup still happening? I’d be down.

Sure is. I'll PM you an invite.

This gets us to the halfway point. Looking for six more

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Sure is. I'll PM you an invite.

This gets us to the halfway point. Looking for six more

I can help fill this out. A lot of goon-adjacent people have been asking about joining a startup dynasty league with cool peeps

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Awesome, thank you! Will let you know, we're going to give goons first crack at it for a little bit longer and then open it up to cool goon-adjacent folks. We're at 6/12 so far but I feel like this thread doesn't get a ton of traffic in May.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Drunk Nerds posted:

I can help fill this out. A lot of goon-adjacent people have been asking about joining a startup dynasty league with cool peeps

You joining, Drunk Nerds?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

EconDad posted:

You joining, Drunk Nerds?

I'd love to: I'm doing my first dynasty startup draft with my friends and we are having an absolute blast.

But my son is going through some temporary health issues, and I need to devote every spare minute to getting him through this.

Then, when that's done I'm bringing back the Goon Fish Bowl. I have an idea on how to use it to raise money for charity that will take up a lot of my time.

Awesome, thank you! Will let you know, we're going to give goons first crack at it for a little bit longer and then open it up to cool goon-adjacent folks. We're at 6/12 so far but I feel like this thread doesn't get a ton of traffic in May.

Good. And just in case anyone doesn't know: Reach out to me if you need help filling out a league. There are a lot of chill peeps on our discord that fit in great with goon leagues but are just too busy to seek them out on their own.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Interested. Is there an entry fee? When would the draft be?

Sorry if those questions were previously answered.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

coronaball posted:

Interested. Is there an entry fee? When would the draft be?

Sorry if those questions were previously answered.

Looking at a small money buy-in, $20-$25 range. Startup draft isn't scheduled yet but people are champing at the bit for some drafting action so I think it'll be shortly after we get our 12th. We'll finish nailing down those details when we're closer to filling up so that we can get everybody's input.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'd love to: I'm doing my first dynasty startup draft with my friends and we are having an absolute blast.

But my son is going through some temporary health issues, and I need to devote every spare minute to getting him through this.

Then, when that's done I'm bringing back the Goon Fish Bowl. I have an idea on how to use it to raise money for charity that will take up a lot of my time.

Was hoping you'd be in. Sorry to hear about your son. I understand that you're going to need to spend time on that.

Also: My god I'm pumped for this league. First dynasty experience. Wanted to do it through SA if possible, and get to do that. Nice.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Don't know what yall are thinking, but superflex is pretty much a must for me in dynasty so I'd strongly recommend it, and IDP also very recommended. I think my most fun leagues are 12-14 teams, superflex, 2-2-3 starters at DB/DL/LB. 2 TE is also a cool twist. Anything to make it so QB and TE (and defense) are spots you can build a team around and give variety to team construction, rather than the typical "ignore QB and TE until the late rounds if you don't get a top 3-4 option there early."

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I am always tempted by dynasty, but my biggest fear is getting stuck with a bad team and having it end up feeling more like work than something fun. Also I don't follow college sports at all, so every draft would just be me checking ADP lists or whatever without any of my own input.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Pain of Mind posted:

I am always tempted by dynasty, but my biggest fear is getting stuck with a bad team and having it end up feeling more like work than something fun. Also I don't follow college sports at all, so every draft would just be me checking ADP lists or whatever without any of my own input.

c'mon PoM.... get in here.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

I'd join if it's both superflex and not IDP. I'm just trying to centralize my leagues starting requirements.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Zauper posted:

I'd join if it's both superflex and not IDP. I'm just trying to centralize my leagues starting requirements.

It is superflex and we're not doing IDP.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

It is superflex and we're not doing IDP.

Then I'll play!

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Zauper posted:

Then I'll play!

PMed you

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
One thing I didn't realize until the new schedules are out is that week 14 now has four teams on bye. So keeping the old week 14-16 playoffs would put those teams with those players at a huge disadvantage in the first week of the playoffs.

It's a new world.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Silly Burrito posted:

One thing I didn't realize until the new schedules are out is that week 14 now has four teams on bye. So keeping the old week 14-16 playoffs would put those teams with those players at a huge disadvantage in the first week of the playoffs.

It's a new world.

The season is an extra week long, so it runs 18 weeks with 17 games and a bye.

So... Start your three week playoffs a week later and it's exactly the same and you still aren't playing in the last week

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Zauper posted:

The season is an extra week long, so it runs 18 weeks with 17 games and a bye.

So... Start your three week playoffs a week later and it's exactly the same and you still aren't playing in the last week

Right, that's what will happen probably. But that does affect schedules for leagues with large numbers of teams that try to use NFL rules for playoffs, 14 team leagues that played each opponent once, etc. Definitely an adjustment period.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Does anyone know if sleeper has dynasty salary cap options? I’d like to move on from MFL

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

I don't think that they do.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

RCarr posted:

Does anyone know if sleeper has dynasty salary cap options? I’d like to move on from MFL

I just checked the App: They do.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah it was just added within the last few weeks I think

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Oh drat. I knew they added auction capabilities in the past month or so but hadn't heard about the salary cap stuff.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Their support agent said they don’t support it when I asked today and I created a trial league and I don’t see any salary cap options anywhere, but maybe it’s still being implemented?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Okay I'm glad this is being brought up. Here's the deal:

In an attempt to remove problematic fantasy language such as "owning" a player, the big sites are using "salary cap" as synonymous with "auction."

I'm all for the movement, and constantly edit words like "owner" and "owned" into "manager" and "rostered."

But salary cap leagues already were a separate thing from auctions, which creates confusion among veteran fantasy players.

It'd be brain-dead easy to just call auction leagues "budget" leagues or some other non-problematic term that's already in use.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 14, 2021

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I was offered Kittle for my Jonathan Taylor in my dynasty salary cap league.

Kittle costs $5 this year and Taylor is $19. Goes up $1 or 10% every year (whichever is more).

I think Taylor will be a stud, but I’m desperately weak at TE and pretty strong at RB.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I agree JT is a stud. But... Kittle at 5 is amazing. There's an injury risk, sure, but you're getting a young top 2 tight end, and there's a big falloff in TE scoring in the top 12 TEs each year.

Depending on what else you have at RB I'd take that trade.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
JT is going to end up splitting carries with Mack and likely Hines. He may be good but he's got a goose egg of a floor.

I really don't get Chris Ballard

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’d have Mixon, Jacobs, Sanders, CEH, Singletary, and Jeff Wilson left at RB.

My TE’s right now are Henry and Njoku...

I also need to cut a bunch of salary this off-season so that would help.

Is that a fair trade straight up? He was pushing for a pick in return as well.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
In this dynasty league, are we going to do a long form draft? ... where we have a long time per pick? Or more conventional?

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

EconDad posted:

In this dynasty league, are we going to do a long form draft? ... where we have a long time per pick? Or more conventional?

I was planning on taking a vote once we're full or close to full. We could knock it out in an afternoon + evening or just kick off a slow draft with a 12-hour pick limit. I'm cool either way.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

I was planning on taking a vote once we're full or close to full. We could knock it out in an afternoon + evening or just kick off a slow draft with a 12-hour pick limit. I'm cool either way.

Cool. Either way, more time than usual per pick seems like a good plan, given the magnitude of importance of each pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I've had a lot of success doing 8 hour time with a 7 PM-7 am est cooldown(you can pick but there's no timer). Using Sleeper

Would anyone be interested in a mock redraft auction tomorrow at, say, 3 est? I'm getting tired of styling all over these bots and need to start collecting real data