Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Slow drafts own. You spread out the draft, and give more time for people to trade up and down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Quarterroys posted:

Slow drafts own. You spread out the draft, and give more time for people to trade up and down.

Slow drafts all day for dynasty. Plus I'm old and have little kids, so late nights are problematic but also so is awake time.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Zauper posted:

Plus I'm old and have little kids, so late nights are problematic but also so is awake time.

:same:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
If there's any slots left i'll take an invite.

Been wanting to check out a startup dynasty league but most of my IRL fantasy people are redraft only casuals.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Check your PMs

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Only a few more spots left

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

dkj posted:

Only a few more spots left

Almost time to party.

Dr.Donkeypunch
Sep 8, 2003

Ask me about ironing shirts.
Grimey Drawer
Can I join?
I just started dynasty last year and my other team is a tire fire. I need redemption. And dynasty is a blast.
I don’t understand taxi squads so bear with me.

Would recommend setting up a discord for the league or something to get trade talks and banter up and running.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Dr.Donkeypunch posted:

Can I join?
I just started dynasty last year and my other team is a tire fire. I need redemption. And dynasty is a blast.

Would recommend setting up a discord for the league or something to get trade talks and banter up and running.

Taxi squads are explained in the rules/manifesto that was posted earlier.

And Sleepers chat is pretty robust, so probably no need for another chat unless we really want to separate topics.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Dr.Donkeypunch posted:

Can I join?

PMed you an invite

Dr.Donkeypunch
Sep 8, 2003

Ask me about ironing shirts.
Grimey Drawer

dkj posted:

Taxi squads are explained in the rules/manifesto that was posted earlier.

And Sleepers chat is pretty robust, so probably no need for another chat unless we really want to separate topics.

That link doesn’t work any more for me, says it was deleted.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Dr.Donkeypunch posted:

That link doesn’t work any more for me, says it was deleted.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zgstuqfx0c436qb/Bylaws.txt?dl=0

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

dkj posted:

poo poo, it does seem pretty slick. Even has voice chat. Only used Yahoo before, so that’s a huge upgrade.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I'm interested in joining a dynasty league. Are there any spots left?

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Sure are. I'll PM you.

10/12. Tantalizingly close!

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
I'll join too. I don't post a ton but I'll be pretty active in a fantasy league. Sleeper ID is no longer here

I'm loving dynasty fantasy so much lately. This'll be my 2nd startup this year. I want another shot at getting the guys I want in a draft.

Artonos fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 20, 2021

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Sent you an in-app friend request

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
Accepted thanks!

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Popping in here for more advice. I’m in a 12 team PPR dynasty league. My lineup:

QB- Kyler Murray
RB- Dalvin Cook
RB- Derrick Henry
WR- Allen Robinson
WR- Julio Jones
FLEX- Jerry Jeudy
FLEX- Deebo Samuel
TE- Travis Kelce

Key bench guys: Devante Parker, Alexander Mattison, Darrenyton Evans (I have very little depth at RB so I made sure to get my starters’ backup).

I’m fairly convinced Julio is getting traded IRL. I was convinced of this last week before our draft rookie draft and quietly shopped him around a bit, but there weren’t any trade offers worth pulling the trigger on. Today I was talking to another owner who mentioned he was low on Michael Thomas this year, which prompted me to suggest we swap the two wideouts. Obviously it wasn’t straight up, but eventually he offered me:

Thomas + 2022 second rounder for Julio + 2022 first and third rounders

I feel like this offer let’s me get decent value for Julio while also ensuring I stay as competitive as possible for next season. One reason I didn’t trade Julio at the draft is because I’m the defending league champion and I feel like I should be all in while Kelce, Cook, Henry, and ARob are all in their primes. A couple picks in the top 30 probably won’t help me all that much while those guys are still elite.

I like Thomas to bounce back next season...does anybody feel like I *shouldn’t* accept this trade?

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Personally I would mash accept on that trade.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

ChocolatePancake posted:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

ChocolatePancake posted:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

ChocolatePancake posted:

Michael Thomas is a loving bargain.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Thanks for the input. I went ahead and accepted it. I’m low on draft picks going forward and in another timeline I would’ve traded Julio for the best package of picks I could get...but like I said before, I want to go all in while i still have a handful of great players in their prime.

Appreciate it!

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

11/12 just need one more degenerate

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I think I'm gonna mocktion at 5:30 PST. I'll link in here if anyone is up for it.

Gonna be a fast one: 10 seconds to nominate, 10 seconds to bid.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 23:10 on May 25, 2021

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Okay, firing this fast auction off in 30 minutes, if anyone wants to jump in
https://sleeper.app/draft/nfl/703038967708188672?ftue=commish

Again, it's 10 seconds to nominate, bidding countdown starts at 10 seconds... the goal is to finish this in the same amount of time as a mock snake

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 00:59 on May 26, 2021

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Thread is up for the brand spanking new Degens and Special Teams dynasty league.

dkj posted:

11/12 just need one more degenerate

Yes, it's true! We do have one final opening! You, too, could be our 12th man.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Drunk Nerds posted:

Then, when that's done I'm bringing back the Goon Fish Bowl. I have an idea on how to use it to raise money for charity that will take up a lot of my time.

I realize this is from a couple of weeks ago, but I just had a thought on charity fundraising via fantasy football: Some leagues charge for waiver wire additions. Instead of adding those charges to the pot, could always put those extra funds in the charity bucket.

Sounds like you’ve already got an idea in mind, but figured I’d throw that out there. :)

Edit: Something like a 50/50 split could work, too. Half to the pot, half to charity.

generic one fucked around with this message at 18:36 on May 30, 2021

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

generic one posted:

I realize this is from a couple of weeks ago, but I just had a thought on charity fundraising via fantasy football: Some leagues charge for waiver wire additions. Instead of adding those charges to the pot, could always put those extra funds in the charity bucket.

Sounds like you’ve already got an idea in mind, but figured I’d throw that out there. :)

Edit: Something like a 50/50 split could work, too. Half to the pot, half to charity.

I'm reviving something Beer4TheBeerGod used to run, too: cheating for charity. Part of it is you theoretically have unlimited faab but your faab is tied to how much you donate. So you can always buy back in. Also, you can swap players out after they played for faab dollars.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Spoeank posted:

I'm reviving something Beer4TheBeerGod used to run, too: cheating for charity. Part of it is you theoretically have unlimited faab but your faab is tied to how much you donate. So you can always buy back in. Also, you can swap players out after they played for faab dollars.

Interesting. My first thought was that people would just blatantly buy a bunch of FAAB, but I guess you gotta kinda weigh the advantage it gives you vs your chances of coming out ahead.

Just curious, how’d that work, both in the draft and for waivers? Also, what were your impressions for how those seasons shook out? Did folks spend a lot for extra FAAB, or did they spend conservatively?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I don’t think you can buy more dollars for the draft, assuming it’s an auction. That would be a little silly.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

generic one posted:

Interesting. My first thought was that people would just blatantly buy a bunch of FAAB, but I guess you gotta kinda weigh the advantage it gives you vs your chances of coming out ahead.

Just curious, how’d that work, both in the draft and for waivers? Also, what were your impressions for how those seasons shook out? Did folks spend a lot for extra FAAB, or did they spend conservatively?

People sort of self-regulated because there wasn't a lot of incentive to pay to win since if was 100% for charity. It was all for charity so if you wanted to pay to win it wasn't the end of the world for everyone else. There were a handful of bench-to-lineup slot switches each week but it was basically not one person paying to win since we all knew it was for fun and charity.

And I did a bench swap to win in the finals one year. It's lots of fun. 🙂

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Spoeank posted:

People sort of self-regulated because there wasn't a lot of incentive to pay to win since if was 100% for charity. It was all for charity so if you wanted to pay to win it wasn't the end of the world for everyone else. There were a handful of bench-to-lineup slot switches each week but it was basically not one person paying to win since we all knew it was for fun and charity.

And I did a bench swap to win in the finals one year. It's lots of fun. 🙂

Didn’t realize it was 100% for charity. That’s loving awesome. Thanks for sharing! :3:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

generic one posted:

Keep the great ideas coming! I hammered out most of the OP for the 2021 GFB this morning. I run ~10 charity drives a year through various orgs, and linking the revenue stream to some sort of event mechanic multiplies the donations by 10x

I love throwing in a buck to charity for every waiver wire move. The question is, how do I verify those donations quickly? Like, no one wants to make a buncha $1 donations, then have me review them to see if someone else also made a $1 donation waiver claim that had priority and reverse those donations. Alternate options are to just sum up $1 donations and get people to donate a lump some at the end. But then what if someone flakes after whiffing on a prize?

Leagues I've been in that do this have everyone donate like $20 that is refunded if they make less than 20 moves. But that goes against the "We run this league to thank you for the support early in our careers" aspect.

This really feels like one of those cases where there's some obvious easy answer that I just can't see because I'm a giant pile of rules neuroses, lol.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 03:08 on May 31, 2021

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dynasty roster question:

$250 salary cap. Player salaries increase by $1 or 10% (whichever is higher) each year. Starting lineup of 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLEX(RB/WR/TE). Full ppr.

My current roster:

QB:
Goff ($6)
Stafford ($6)
Tua ($6)

RB:
Mixon ($28)
Jacobs ($21)
Sanders ($19)
C.E.H. ($19)
Singletary ($11)
Jeff Wilson ($2)

WR:
Hopkins ($35)
Allen Robinson ($15)
Tee Higgins ($12)
Reagor ($12)
Thielen ($10)
McLaurin ($7)
Robby Anderson ($6)
Fulgham ($4)

TE:
Hunter Henry ($6)
Kittle ($5)

My 2021 draft picks:
1st round lottery pick (between $15-$17 depending)
Another first round lottery pick ($15-$17)
3rd round ($5)
4th round ($3)
5th round ($1)
6th round ($1)
7th round ($1)

So I currently have 6 open roster spots and $31 in cap space.

I guess Henry and Jeff Wilson are the easiest cuts to make? Any other thoughts here? Should I cut Reagor loose as well?

I don’t have to use all my picks but I’d like to at least use the two firsts and the third rounder.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I'd strongly consider dropping Goff and seeing if I could get some value at QB down the road. $6 seems like a lot for your third QB. He doesn't really have the upside of the other two.

I'd also consider dumping Singletary because he seems high for his production, but also RBs are probably scarce, so not sure I'd want to part with him.

I wouldn't drop Raegor because he is a second year receiver and that is when players make their biggest jump. Not sure I like dumping Henry either, unless you think you can get him back at half the cost.

That Mixon contract must feel like a lead weight. Ugh.

Do you know where you are picking in the first round? And is it just a rookie draft?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Yeah Goff (or really any one of the QBs if you have a strong preference), Singletary, Jeff Wilson, and Fulgham are my easy cuts. Hunter Henry is fine if you really need the cap space, but I don't think you will after those cuts.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sataere posted:

I'd strongly consider dropping Goff and seeing if I could get some value at QB down the road. $6 seems like a lot for your third QB. He doesn't really have the upside of the other two.

I'd also consider dumping Singletary because he seems high for his production, but also RBs are probably scarce, so not sure I'd want to part with him.

I wouldn't drop Raegor because he is a second year receiver and that is when players make their biggest jump. Not sure I like dumping Henry either, unless you think you can get him back at half the cost.

That Mixon contract must feel like a lead weight. Ugh.

Do you know where you are picking in the first round? And is it just a rookie draft?

Yea I traded Kelce for Mixon a few years ago on the advice from multiple people in this thread :( and it hasn’t worked out so good. I was just able to acquire Kittle though, so I’m set at TE for a long while.

I’m in the lottery so my two first round picks will both be between 1.01 and 1.06.

It’s rookies and free agents but I doubt there’s going to be any free agents worth taking with those picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I mean Frank Gore's good for at least another 20 years and he's a free agent.