Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Is the goon superflex dynasty league startup still happening? I’d be down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Slow drafts own. You spread out the draft, and give more time for people to trade up and down.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

He still goes fairly high in Superflex dynasty leagues because QB value is bonkers, but pretty much have to expect he sits on your bench all year in 2021

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

On a dynasty team where I already have Corey Davis/Mims, I was having trouble deciding between the two Moores until Elijah went one pick before me and made it easier.

3 Jets WRs on one team, no thank you

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I’d go Shenault and grab an arbitrage SF RB - take a cheaper shot at that backfield in Mostert, Elijah Mitchell or Jeff Wilson.

Shenault flashed last year, is young, and is a talent over situation pick, which IMO is the way to play it in dynasty.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Dynasty auctions rule, and one of the most fun drafts I’ve ever done was a slow dynasty auction.

You place bids on players, which are won when there are no higher bids for a certain amount of time (12 or 24 hrs, can’t remember). You can even set bid thresholds for specific players that will auto up your bid if someone goes over you but still under your set threshold.

Pure crack.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

MakaVillian posted:

I was in discussions to trade for Henderson in my dynasty league, thank god I saw this tweet before I looked at the trade request!

I don’t think this is really an indictment on Henderson. They just have no proven depth at the position (as much as I want Xavier Jones to be a thing) and after a near miss with Henderson hurting his thumb in practice the other day, they made the move to shore up the backup situation.

Sony has been a JAG since those knee injuries.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

kiimo posted:

^^^^ they already said Sony is going to start apparently so I do think this is an indictment of Henderson

I feel like with injuries they happen every year but you still need to try to hit that RB home run in the first if you can. If they go down welp it happens and you overcome this by being in like four leagues so your season isn't ruined. And do dynasty in one of them.

Got a link? I’ve just seen beat writers saying Sony is a complementary/depth signing:

https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1430491862863728641?s=20

Definitely a hit to Henderson’s ceiling looking at that draft capital, but I still prefer him to Sony in all formats.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Worrying about byes at this point is getting too cute IMO. Especially in a keeper or dynasty league.

By the time they start hitting in-season, you’ll be in a better position to turn your roster over and make trades/waiver claims and shore up any gaps in your roster to cover the byes.

Team-agnostic, I’d prefer Swift/ARob to Diggs/Drake.

If Fields is as good as advertised, ARob could have a WR1 season. Swift certainly has an RB1 season in his range of outcomes this year and beyond.

Diggs is awesome and has a strong chance to finish as THE WR1, but Drake is basically a flex play with injury upside.

I’m also not a huge fan of handcuffing my own RB in redraft leagues because it limits team upside.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I usually am one to trust the base rates/trends (like the aforementioned rookie TE slow start) and temper expectations on non-RB rookies in year one, but Pitts is an insane unicorn prospect, and doesn’t even turn 21 until October.

I think his cost in redraft leagues (what is he, 4th round now?) is palatable, but it really depends on your roster build. I think I’d rather pay up for Kelce/Waller/Kittle and catch the end of that WR tier.

Pay whatever you have to to get him on your team now in dynasty leagues, though. He will be a first round startup pick next year in TE premium leagues.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Had my home league auction draft on Sat, thought I’d post a trip report in case it helps anyone. 12 team, .5 PPR, Superflex.

I’m the defending champion this year, and went in like I typically do with a flexible approach: four potential team builds to go with depending on how the draft goes, with target $s allocated to each roster spot for each build type: 1 Elite RB; 2 Elite WRs, 1 Elite TE, and Balanced.

The way the draft fell, I ended up going with the Balanced approach: cheaper QBs with rushing upside; 1 young RB with elite receiving upside + zero RB candidates; 1 elite young WR then several 2nd/3rd year breakout candidates; punt TE.

A ton of guys I wasn’t interested in were early noms, so I kept with that trend and nominated expensive guys I didn’t want to get more $ off the table. After spending up earlyish for one elite player (AJB), I ended up with the big stack for the entire draft and just picked off “my guys”, even when it got me into a few bidding wars (Trey Lance).

QB: Tannehill ($15), Lance ($16), Daniel Jones ($6), Mac Jones ($2)
RB: Swift ($20), Damien Harris ($8), Trey Sermon ($12), Gus Edwards ($3), Tony Pollard ($13)
WR: AJ Brown ($37), Ceedee Lamb ($24), Chase Claypool ($7), Jerry Jeudy ($10), Deebo Samuel ($7), Shenault ($6), Elijah Moore ($1)
TE: Robert Tonyan ($4)
D/ST: Ravens
K: Crosby

On the surface, this team doesn’t look strong out of the gate, but it’s got a ton of upside, and I think has the chance to be really good down the stretch if I hit on any WR breakouts. Will need to churn the waiver wire on RB all season long, and aggressively drop any of my WRs (Viska in particular) if early roles don’t point to strong weekly air yards numbers.

I got almost all (except AJ Dillon :( ) of my “do not leave the draft without this player”, guys too: Lance, Swift, Lamb, Sermon, Jeudy, Elijah Moore.

JK Dobbins injury happened during the draft, so Gus Edwards was a lucky break for sure.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Aug 30, 2021

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

kiimo posted:

Make sure you get Elijah Moore, that's my advice.

I’m not saying he’s the next OBJ, but his production profile in college was super good, he’s been blowing up camp reports, and AJ Brown has come out and said the dude is better than him at football.

Also, he’s flying a bit under the radar due to his quad injury (like OBJ did his rookie year), and he’s basically free in redraft leagues.

Draft Elijah Moore in all formats this year!!

Whoreson Welles posted:

I was feeling relatively good about this draft Saturday morning until the Dobbins injury. I have some rare brain disease where I love taking handcuffs for RBs that other people own.

Drafting other people’s handcuffs over your own is the way to go! It gives your team more upside, and allows you to get more production and trade value out of your roster spots.

Levin posted:

I haven't had to pleasure of doing auction drafts but I love the makeup of your team generally and a lot of your targets, Gus Edwards was a huge steal obviously! A bit surprised Lance went for more than Tannehill.

Thanks!!

Tannehill was the first QB nominated, when most people were still focused on the big name RBs, so he came at a bit of a discount. Lance didn’t get nominated until later, after Fields, and when a couple teams still had no QB1, so his price was a bit inflated. The fun part of auctions!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Alright I have the Tampa and Miami D's rostered, and I think I am going to ride or die with that Tampa D. Therefore if I am going to drop Miami's D to take a flyer on a WR because my WR depth is bad - we start 2 RBs and only 1 flex and I have CMC, Gibson, Swift, Jacobs, and McKissic at RB, and I have Etienne on IR to keep for a 13th rounder next year, so I'm not as keen on taking a flyer on a RB because my WRs are ARob, Diontae, Mooney, Elijah Moore, and Bryan Edwards. There is a decent selection of WRs on the wire but I'm torn on who to pick up (in order in which they appear on Yahoo):
Tim Patrick
Tre'Quan Smith
Allen Lazard
Randall Cobb
Quintez Cephus
Donovan Peoples-Jones
Olamide Zaccheaus

Any of those stand out to you guys? Or any other lesser known WRs that you would be looking to pick up in a 12 team PPR league that starts 2 WRs and 1 Flex?

Tre’quan Smith has good upside. If Jameis is gonna be slinging it this season, he might be the beneficiary. Everyone is high on Calloway after the preseason, but Smith has been injured so he is flying under the radar.

DPJ would probably be my second preference.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

kiimo posted:

I have the third pick in my next draft and I'm pretty sure Kamara is going to fall to me and just can I say that I fail to see the reasons that everybody is down on Kamara this year. In our predraft rankings he's #5 before I adjust with a projected 297 points.

This guy scored 364 last season to lead all running backs, isn't injured and the only problem is he lost Drew Brees. What a wild assumption that he's going to lose 70 loving points because of the QB. If one thing Jameis can do it's chuck it deep, I think these imagined stacked boxes are a total fantasy.

Can someone tell me another reason why I shouldn't SLAM the draft button on this guy?

I was lukewarm on Kamara early this season, but all the recent developments seem to be going his way.

I think you can make a strong case for him at 1.02 over Dalvin Cook, IMO.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I just traded Daniel Jones + Tony Pollard for David Montgomery in a superflex redraft league. Owner couldn’t make the auction draft, and his autodrafted team only managed to get him Tyrod at QB.

Nabbed Terrace Marshall Jr. for my freed up roster spot, and rolling with Tannehill, Lance and McCorkle at QB.

Man, no better feeling than executing a 2 for 1 trade to free up a roster spot!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

This is one of the best fantasy articles I’ve read all year:

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/edge/article/numbers/early-round-rb-targets-and-legendary-scenarios

In this article series, Pat Kerrane outlines the statistical basis for what constitutes a ‘legendary season’ outcome for RBs.

He then runs through the ceiling and floor outcomes for all early round RBs, and assigns them a target/fade rating based on path to a legendary season/cost to draft. The earlier articles in the series are worth a read as well.

Kerrane is a really sharp dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

CocoaNuts posted:

Hi Pat Kerrane!

Uhh, no?

Thread is talking about early round RBs, I shared a good article that makes a case for several of them based on some research and data, in particular D’andre Swift, currently being discussed.

Maybe I shouldn’t have bothered though?