Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
For the dynasty league people, how many total players do you have on rosters? I am doing a start up league and am currently thinking the following for 12 team:

1 QB, 1 SFLX, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 FLX
7 bench slots
4 taxi squad slots

20 total (potential) players rostered = 240 players out of the pool.

Generally speaking, I feel like you should have a slightly larger roster in dynasty, but I don’t want it to be ridiculous. There have also been some concerns raised over the quality of players that would be available on the waiver wire…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
Any general advice for a dynasty start up? 12 team, 0.5 PPR, with $200 budget.

1 QB, 1 SFLX, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 FLX, 1 TE.

I plan to go heavy $ for a QB1 and RB1. Seems like there is a lot of value if you wait a bit for WR. This is the first dynasty league for Pretty much everyone involved.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008

kiimo posted:

Make sure you get Elijah Moore, that's my advice.

Thanks! He’s one of the young receivers I have highlighted!

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
In my first dynasty league. Jeudy and Gallup both are on the shelf so I need to add some WR depth for the WR3 and/or FLX spot.

Current roster:
ARob, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, M. Callaway, E. Moore, R. Cobb (not long for this world). Jeudy and Gallup on IR.

Waivers:
C. Kirk, MVS, Deonte Harris, T. Patrick, Renfrow, A. Schwartz, Z. Pascal, Q. Watkins.

Kirk seems like a no brainer, along with being a roster-able player going forward in dynasty. Is that the move? How much FAAB would you spend? Like I said, first year in dynasty, so I’m not sure how to prioritize FAAB vs. Redraft.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
Need some dynasty advice. Year one of a new league with lots of first timers to dynasty (myself included). Someone put scary Terry on the block while looking for a QB upgrade to make a potential title run.

12 team, 0.5 PPR, 1 SFLX, 1QB, 1 SFLX, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 FLX, 1 TE

My roster:
QB - Herbert, Stafford, Teddy
RB - Chubb, Javonte Williams, Jamaal Williams, Drake, Hines, Lindsey, J. Patterson, Cohen (PUP)
WR - Arob (gently caress), Jeudy, Elijah Moore, Corey Davis, Callaway, Slayton, Gallup (IR)
TE - Gesicki, Cook

Auction draft didn’t go great. I think I have some upside young guys for next year in Javonte, Jeudy, Gallup (probs with a new team) and Moore.

His roster:
QB - Tua, Russ (IR), Keenum, McCoy, Lock
RB - J. Taylor, J. Robinson, Darrel Williams; Singletary, Snell
WR - Jefferson, Scary Terry, Sutton, Landry, C. Patterson, R. Bateman, G. Davis
TE - Gronk, Kmet, Alie-Cox

He’s interested in Stafford and I need a good WR, so McLauren makes sense for me. He said he’d go for a straight up swap and throw in Lock, which doesn’t do anything for me personally.

I was thinking of countering with something along the lines of give Stafford and ARob, get Tua & Terry. I have all my picks for the next years. This years will probably be top 3. I don’t love any of the QB prospects in the draft as now. Just looking for some outside opinion and perspective in my roster outlook and a potential trade.

Game-Blouses fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 4, 2021

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008

sourdough posted:

If you can get Tua back as part of it and think he's going to be fantasy usable long term, that's not a terrible deal, but you don't really have the QB depth to be giving up Stafford. You might be better served trying to move Chubb for a top tier WR+ and then targeting RB with your early 1st next draft.

I appreciate the insight. I tend to agree that my depth at QB nosedives next year if I pull the trigger. I’m not overly high on Tua, so I think that answers that part!

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008

Spermy Smurf posted:

Don't the Eagles own a top3 pick now thanks to Miami?

Yep. 10 in top 3 assuming the Wentz pick conveys, with Miami’s being the lowest (lol)!

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
Just had another trade offer in SFLX dynasty. Give my Stafford, get his Tannehill + Claypool + maybe a pick. Roster below:

Game-Blouses posted:

Year one of a new league with lots of first timers to dynasty (myself included).

12 team, 0.5 PPR, SFLX league: 1QB, 1 SFLX, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 FLX, 1 TE

My roster:
QB - Herbert, Stafford, Teddy
RB - Chubb, Javonte Williams, Jamaal Williams, Drake, Hines, Lindsey, J. Patterson, Cohen (PUP)
WR - Arob (gently caress), Jeudy, Elijah Moore, Corey Davis, Callaway, Slayton, Gallup (IR)
TE - Gesicki, Cook

Auction draft didn’t go great. I think I have some upside young guys for next year in Javonte, Jeudy, Gallup (probs with a new team) and Moore.

Stafford has been great and Odell may raise his ceiling for now. Tannehill is fine. Claypool would give me another budding young WR for the long term. Obviously some uncertainty at the QB position there long term. I’ll likely be picking in the top 5 with all picks intact. What do y’all think for the long term?

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
Yeah they are both 33. So the official offer is: I give Stafford + Allen Robinson and get Tannehill + Claypool + 2022 3rd + 2023 2nd. Thoughts?

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
Any of these guys worth stashing in dynasty over J. Guyton?

WR - A. Wesley, B. Edwards, J. Reynolds, T. Atwell (IR), A. Schwartz

TE (I have Gesicki and J. Cook’s old rear end) - D. Parham, T. Tremble, J. Johnson

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
Thanks y’all. If Williams leaves in FA it seems like Palmer will be WR2 as of now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
This will be my first rookie draft in my new dynasty league. We are kinda splitting the difference and starting in mid July. 24 hour pick clock to allow for trades to be explored. We’ll see how it goes. People were getting bored, but also understood the value of waiting for preseason…