Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Dynasty draft in 30 minutes

Got offered Crowder, 26 overall, and a 3 next year for Devante Parker.

Yay or nay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I ended up holding onto Parker. There just wasn’t anything available at those picks that I liked. Thanks for the input.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Zauper posted:

The jets aren't cap constrained this year. There's no reason to cut him until they see what else they have in the slot.

I think Elijah Moore would have to get hurt or poo poo the bed horribly this summer to not be the primary slot guy this season

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Popping in here for more advice. I’m in a 12 team PPR dynasty league. My lineup:

QB- Kyler Murray
RB- Dalvin Cook
RB- Derrick Henry
WR- Allen Robinson
WR- Julio Jones
FLEX- Jerry Jeudy
FLEX- Deebo Samuel
TE- Travis Kelce

Key bench guys: Devante Parker, Alexander Mattison, Darrenyton Evans (I have very little depth at RB so I made sure to get my starters’ backup).

I’m fairly convinced Julio is getting traded IRL. I was convinced of this last week before our draft rookie draft and quietly shopped him around a bit, but there weren’t any trade offers worth pulling the trigger on. Today I was talking to another owner who mentioned he was low on Michael Thomas this year, which prompted me to suggest we swap the two wideouts. Obviously it wasn’t straight up, but eventually he offered me:

Thomas + 2022 second rounder for Julio + 2022 first and third rounders

I feel like this offer let’s me get decent value for Julio while also ensuring I stay as competitive as possible for next season. One reason I didn’t trade Julio at the draft is because I’m the defending league champion and I feel like I should be all in while Kelce, Cook, Henry, and ARob are all in their primes. A couple picks in the top 30 probably won’t help me all that much while those guys are still elite.

I like Thomas to bounce back next season...does anybody feel like I *shouldn’t* accept this trade?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Thanks for the input. I went ahead and accepted it. I’m low on draft picks going forward and in another timeline I would’ve traded Julio for the best package of picks I could get...but like I said before, I want to go all in while i still have a handful of great players in their prime.

Appreciate it!

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I’m absolutely not an anti analytics or anti measurements guy, and I totally get how difficult scouting is, but I really think Elijah Moore is the type of guy that you could watch for twenty minutes in college and see he’ll be good.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Zauper posted:

Analytics guys were really high on Moore, iirc.

4.35 40, good breakout age / dominator

Oh I know. I was talking moreso in a broad sense. Another guy I feel fits that description is Tyler Johnson from Tampa Bay. Unfortunately he ended up in the deepest loving wideout room in the league and may never get a real shot.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'm not a big dynasty guy, but changing positional requirements without some element of redraft doesn't make sense to me. It's a rule change, and any rules change should affect all teams equally or it is unfair by definition.

I know a guy who’s in a dynasty league and they woke up one day and decided to make it 2QB PPR without redrafting or anything. This was also after their rookie draft.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

What are our thoughts on Deandre Swift going forward in a dynasty league?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

My take on the Sony Michel/lead back or not thing is that even if he’s listed as their number 1 back on the next depth chart Sony Michel loving sucks and the Rams will figure that out by Halloween so don’t draft him unless he falls really far.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

12 team dynasty PPR league.

I have Jeudy and Thomas on my IR for the next month plus. I need to make a trade, pick up Elijah Mitchell, or I’m looking at starting Randall Cobb or like Quintez Cephus as my flex. With that in mind and a 200 FAAB budget, is 120 FAAB too high to spend on Mitchell?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Need advice

I’m 3-0 and defending league champion in my dynasty league. 12 teams and 4 playoff spots. PPR.

I currently have Michael Thomas and Jerry Jeudy on IR. I’ve been getting by with Jakobi Myers and Cole Beasley in their place. Allen Robinson is my default WR1 right now.

Another owner offered me Marvin Jones for two future third rounders. I’m low on picks as it is. Would you give up those picks for Jones? In an ideal world he’d never see my lineup come November (would start Thomas, Robinson, Jeudy). But it’s also extremely hard to rely on Thomas or Jeudy to come back from their injury and just be 100%. Plus, Allen Robinson no longer feels like a sure thing.

Legitimately torn on this.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Need help.

My current dynasty team is 3-2. 12 team PPR league.

QB- Kyler Murray
RB- Dalvin Cook
RB- Derrick Henry
WR- Allen Robinson
WR- Jakobi Myers
Flex- D’andre Swift
Flex- Cole Beasley
TE- Travis Kelce

Bench

QB- Kirk Cousins
RB- Alexander Mattison
RB- Ty Johnson
RB- Mark Ingram
WR- Van Jefferson
WR- Quintez Cephus
WR- Quez Watkins
WR- Kendrick Bourne

IR

Michael Thomas
Jerry Jeudy

I was just offered my Allen Robinson and a 1st round pick next year for Mike Evans and a 2nd round pick next year. On one hand I don’t love moving first rounders when I don’t have much depth, but on the other hand my pass catchers are loving brutal right now and I have to maximize the window I have with Derrick Henry and Travis Kelce. I won the league last year and I’d like to try for another.

Thoughts?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Appreciate all the help guys. Still pondering it.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Would you trade a 2nd round rookie pick for Chase Claypool? 12 team dynasty PPR.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I've asked for help here before but this is by far the toughest fantasy decision I've ever had to make. Probably a long winded post but bear with me. Any advice is appreciated.

I'm in a 12 team PPR Dynasty league. I won the title last year. Here's my roster.

QB- Kyler Murray
RB- Dalvin Cook
RB- D'andre Swift
WR- Mike Evans
WR- Jerry Jeudy
FLEX- Jakobi Meyers
FLEX- Cole Beasley
TE- Travis Kelce
K- Harrison Butker

Bench

- Kirk Cousins
- Adrian Peterson
- Jordan Howard
- Alexander Mattison
- Ty Johnson
- Mark Ingram
- Jeremy McNichols
- Jamal Agnew
- Van Jefferson
- Quez Watkins
- Jared Cook
- Adam Trautman

I.R. (here's the killer)

- Derrick Henry
- Michael Thomas
- TY Hilton

I had no intentions to sell guys at our deadline, but I'm at a crossroads. The top team is 8-0 and completed loaded (Lamar, Zeke, Kamara, Cupp, Lockett, Keenan Allen, Tyreek Hill, McCluarin, Waller...somehow I beat him in the title game last season). Out of the blue today a contender texted me asking if I was interested in selling guys off. I kind of chuckled but then he was making serious offers that actually made me think twice. Here's what he's currently offering, and he even said he could go a little higher if need be. Side note: I don't have any draft picks in the top 24 until 2024 which seems relevant.

He gives: 2022 1st rounder (pick 10-12 probably), 2023 unprotected 1st rounder, Devonta Smith, Mike Gesicki

I give him: Mike Evans and Travis Kelce

These guys are both awesome players, but I'm almost certain both have peaked. Evans is pretty touchdown dependent in a very crowded offense and Kelce is 32 years old. He'll still be a good tight end for a few years but I don't think I'll ever get the return I can get now for him.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

sourdough posted:

I would lean towards taking that, but it's tough. If you could for sure count on Henry and Thomas coming back at 100% next year, I'd say keep your group together and make a championship run. But I'm not sure you should bank on that, and without them you've not got great depth. Taking this deal would let you add some more depth with good drafting, get your roster a little younger, and not tank your competitiveness if Henry and Thomas do come back strong.

If there was another late 1st coming your way, I'd say it's a no brainer accept, fwiw. If they'd add a 2nd, I'd take it, and if this is the final offer, I'd think really hard and probably still go for it.

I'm going to make a push for Rashod Bateman in addition to the stuff above. Luckily for me there's another guy who's pretty interested in Travis Kelce and made a pretty serious offer for just him so I have a little bit of leverage.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Ty1990 posted:

I've asked for help here before but this is by far the toughest fantasy decision I've ever had to make. Probably a long winded post but bear with me. Any advice is appreciated.

I'm in a 12 team PPR Dynasty league. I won the title last year. Here's my roster.

QB- Kyler Murray
RB- Dalvin Cook
RB- D'andre Swift
WR- Mike Evans
WR- Jerry Jeudy
FLEX- Jakobi Meyers
FLEX- Cole Beasley
TE- Travis Kelce
K- Harrison Butker

Bench

- Kirk Cousins
- Adrian Peterson
- Jordan Howard
- Alexander Mattison
- Ty Johnson
- Mark Ingram
- Jeremy McNichols
- Jamal Agnew
- Van Jefferson
- Quez Watkins
- Jared Cook
- Adam Trautman

I.R. (here's the killer)

- Derrick Henry
- Michael Thomas
- TY Hilton

I had no intentions to sell guys at our deadline, but I'm at a crossroads. The top team is 8-0 and completed loaded (Lamar, Zeke, Kamara, Cupp, Lockett, Keenan Allen, Tyreek Hill, McCluarin, Waller...somehow I beat him in the title game last season). Out of the blue today a contender texted me asking if I was interested in selling guys off. I kind of chuckled but then he was making serious offers that actually made me think twice. Here's what he's currently offering, and he even said he could go a little higher if need be. Side note: I don't have any draft picks in the top 24 until 2024 which seems relevant.

He gives: 2022 1st rounder (pick 10-12 probably), 2023 unprotected 1st rounder, Devonta Smith, Mike Gesicki

I give him: Mike Evans and Travis Kelce

These guys are both awesome players, but I'm almost certain both have peaked. Evans is pretty touchdown dependent in a very crowded offense and Kelce is 32 years old. He'll still be a good tight end for a few years but I don't think I'll ever get the return I can get now for him.

After talking all day to two other owners I ended up trading Evans and Kelce seperatley.

I shipped out:

Travis Kelce
Mike Evans

I got back:

Devonta Smith
Chase Claypool
Dalton Schultz
2022 third rounder
2023 first rounder
2024 first rounder

It really hurts but I don’t think I’m getting that return for those two players at this time next year.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Serious question, what would you trade for Odell in dynasty at this moment?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

If you're a Dalvin Cook owner with no real shot at winning the title this year in Dynasty, is Javonte Williams and a 1st rounder enough to move Cook?

Edit: I posted this before Schefter said he was a victim of domestic abuse, that has nothing to do with it.

Ty1990 fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Nov 10, 2021

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Would you guys trade Michael Thomas for Brandon Aiyuk in dynasty PPR? Team is pretty good but very young and probably won't win it all next year (other wideouts are Jerry Jeudy, Chase Claypool, Devonta Smith).

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Dynasty PPR league, Amari Cooper owner is seeking a 2nd round pick for him. My wideouts are currently Diggs, Waddle, Devonta Smith, and Jerry Jeudy.

Feels like I should give up a 2 for him right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm new to Dynasty but I would consider it for a 2nd. How high is your 2nd? If you have 2.1 or something super low I might not, assuming you like players that might be available in the draft at that point? Also could depend on where Cooper goes when the Cowboys jettison him. If Detroit backs up a brinks truck to sign him, I dont think I'd want him on my fantasy team.

It’d actually be my own 2 in 2023, so probably a mid to late second.