Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
also in very important offseason news. *** DEVONTAE BOOKER IS A THREE DOWN BACK ***

these are my favorite sorts of fantasy puff pieces. RB who has never done really anything is deemed a bellcow back by his new team coach/GM... but this team already has a little someone named Saquon Barkley -- who actually has the potential to be a three-down back.

Maybe Gettleman meant three downs the whole season? Spicy take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
"He's a real three type of down sort of player. Touching the ball? Oh no no no. Devontae can't be allowed to do that if we want to win."

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

dkj posted:

Anyone planning any dynasty start-ups?

I'm not planning on starting one -- but am interesting in being in one. Just started really considering it this year. I think it's time -- if I can find a good one to join and get in on the ground floor. Had a great time in the 20 team SA league this past year, so I'm pretty sure I can trust you SA guys/gals to be good for a dynasty league too. Right? RIGHT?!?!

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

I went ahead and created a 0.5 PPR superflex dynasty league based on the settings I linked a few posts up. PM me for an invite or provide an email address. Sleeper username might work too.

Email PM’d. Let’s do dissssss

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Drunk Nerds posted:

I can help fill this out. A lot of goon-adjacent people have been asking about joining a startup dynasty league with cool peeps

You joining, Drunk Nerds?

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'd love to: I'm doing my first dynasty startup draft with my friends and we are having an absolute blast.

But my son is going through some temporary health issues, and I need to devote every spare minute to getting him through this.

Then, when that's done I'm bringing back the Goon Fish Bowl. I have an idea on how to use it to raise money for charity that will take up a lot of my time.

Was hoping you'd be in. Sorry to hear about your son. I understand that you're going to need to spend time on that.

Also: My god I'm pumped for this league. First dynasty experience. Wanted to do it through SA if possible, and get to do that. Nice.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Pain of Mind posted:

I am always tempted by dynasty, but my biggest fear is getting stuck with a bad team and having it end up feeling more like work than something fun. Also I don't follow college sports at all, so every draft would just be me checking ADP lists or whatever without any of my own input.

c'mon PoM.... get in here.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
In this dynasty league, are we going to do a long form draft? ... where we have a long time per pick? Or more conventional?

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

I was planning on taking a vote once we're full or close to full. We could knock it out in an afternoon + evening or just kick off a slow draft with a 12-hour pick limit. I'm cool either way.

Cool. Either way, more time than usual per pick seems like a good plan, given the magnitude of importance of each pick.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

dkj posted:

Only a few more spots left

Almost time to party.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Drunk Nerds posted:

Those waffle house punishments cause such a culture shock in me. As a guy who has to serve about 12 daily meals to 2 ravenous sons, do childcare, and somehow squeeze in 6-8 hours of work most days... sitting quietly in a waffle house while someone serves me and getting to eat about 8 waffles that I didnt even have to cook, for 16 hours... that's a pretty good vacation.

To think that it's an "extreme" punishment for some fantasy leagues is... treasure your spare time goons!

Man… do I ever hear this. Seems easy, to me. Guy got what he wanted out of it though… a day of Twitter fame.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Anyone in an ESPN league needs to load the Watson Trade Assistant immediately

What a deal!

You better send CMC away before the trade assistant changes its mind!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Silly Burrito posted:

Hmm, should I drop Ian Book for next week. Hmm.

Don’t do it. Didn’t you see his POISE IN THE POCKET?!