Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah we have owners with permanent supercheap players and others with players hideously overpaid

Trade me Mike Evans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Drunk Nerds posted:

I go
1. Cook
2. Jay Tay
3. Sbarkles
4. Henry
5. Kamara
6. Chubb

I find it hard to argue with your rankings, but I'd put Chubb above Kamara this year. I'd almost move Chubb to #1 or #2. I think Chubb is going to have a monster year.

Also, no CMC in the list. Cuz Darnold?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Sataere posted:

CMC is his own tier

Put it on the calendar to laugh at me in 6 months if you want, but I think CMC will be 4th or worse out of 7 on that list above.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Is there a "league has an opening" thread anywhere or is this the place?

6ish year old IDP dynasty league has an opening coming up. Has 1.13 and 1.08 and a pretty drat good team.

Team is Brick Squad:
https://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=79286&O=07&F=0010

I will edit a bookmark in here for the forum thread. It's got loads of rules that all come down to not being a dick. Just us patching ways that we found could create fuckery.

Edit: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740832&pagenumber=141&perpage=40

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Spermy Smurf posted:

Is there a "league has an opening" thread anywhere or is this the place?

6ish year old IDP dynasty league has an opening coming up. Has 1.13 and 1.08 and a pretty drat good team.

Team is Brick Squad:
https://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=79286&O=07&F=0010

I will edit a bookmark in here for the forum thread. It's got loads of rules that all come down to not being a dick. Just us patching ways that we found could create fuckery.

Edit: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740832&pagenumber=141&perpage=40

This is still open if anyone wants it. It's a top tier team, playoff ready.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Fire up the Hendersons?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Ayudo posted:

It's Gurley time in LA (again).

That's Adrian Peterson's music.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

RCarr posted:

That’s more than I care to spend on either a TE or a QB.

Your league is modeled after ours so I get it. But a top TE is worth it. There are 3 good TEs and then a bunch of dart throws, if Pitts lights it up then he's absolutely worth the extra $10 salary to be leaps and bounds above the guys like Gronk and Tonyan.

A plug and play top4 TE that puts up consistently more points than the guys in the 5-15 range is worth it. Kelce and Waller were over 220pts in one of my leagues, then it cuts from 150 to 110 really quickly beyond that.

It's still a huge dart throw because he hasnt played a snap, but it's not unreasonable to take Pitts.

And if Lawrence is Mahomes 2.0 who puts up consistently more points than the QB you are against every single week... Same poo poo. The "too high" salary is worth eating for points.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Just a heads up, I'm one of the guys that sold you on Mixon a few years back. I may not be good at Fantasy Football.

It's totally his year though.

:shrug:

I believed it at the time and did the same poo poo myself in one league.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

sourdough posted:

No one had Kittle or Waller as difference makers when drafting. On the other hand, OJ Howard, Njoku, and Engram were all drafted as top 10 TEs before they'd played a snap, as were Hockenson and Fant.

It's dynasty though. If you need a TE to win now then it's not the worst idea in the world is what I was saying.

I would never do it personally, but there is an analytics group that plays FF that would argue it much better for it than I do.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
A lot of players are closer to Forrest Gump than we like to admit.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

I would bet its Kawaan they want. 61st percentile breakout score, 75th (ish) dominator score...

Guys love stuff like that I guess.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Well Scotty Miller only has Mike Evans, Antonio Brown, and Godwin to beat in camp so I can see the appeal.

Bunch of scrubs in front of him.

Wtf is going on with Rodgers? He and Adam's gonna saddle up for one more NFC loss together? I dunno what else that matching tweet stuff is about.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Keith Atherton posted:

I’m having a hard time trusting anyone on the Bengals at their ADP because Bengals

Except Mixon because this year is his year.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
It's his year every year. He'll break out sometime.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Did they ever say what the injury was? Was it the plantar thing, or the linsfranc thing?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
My guys are worth several firsts because I drafted them and read every single news article about them for the last 800 days. Your guys aren't worth that much because I didn't spaz over them for years.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
https://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=79286&O=07&F=0002

We've got another opening in our IDP dynasty league. The team is linked above. Dues are $30.83 and we're looking to draft by the end of the month.

The team finished 7-6 last year which is a wildcard contender. Finished one game out of first in the division, so almost a playoff team.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740832&pagenumber=142#lastpost
Here is the forums thread.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Do you need a running back or WR?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
PoM wins the league this year. If Tebowfan15 has a good year from Baker then he's second. Team5 and Nerds gonna be powerhouses too, but I got money on PoM and Tebowfan.

Is that the bestball league mentioned so we can see how it goes later?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I wouldn't hesitate with Henry or Zeke at 1.04.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
We have that same league. It takes like 3 years for salaries to even out.

It's not a startup, so that analogy doesn't matter.

If mahomes hits FA he would go for 30 or 40 bucks. Tua would go for 6ish. The salaries are starting to even out a bunch in our league. Still have the high hitters, the expensive studs, but unproven guys like Etienne and Harris and Pitts simply can't cost the same as a home run like Zeke or Cooks.

Edit: guys who aren't home runs will get dropped after a year or two in order to be picked up at a lower price point.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Aug 16, 2021

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
The last 1.01 to actually live up to the hype in our league was CMC.

Mahomes was 3.01. Josh Allen was 4.03. Quarterbacks in a 1qb league just go in waves, people don't value them and then they are overvalued in cycles.

We had 2 or 3 years where the top picks were guys like Guice, Corey davis, n'keal, David montgomery, Rashad penny, Sony michel...

You can't have those guys costing 25 and guys like mahomes at $1. That doesn't fix the issue at all.

Edit: it's also a 12 team league with 25 slots plus 4 taxi. The waiver wire is pretty bare. If these rookies don't cost something then you have two or three guys hitting the vet auction every year that would go for 90% of the cap.

The hit rate on early first round picks is absolutely terrible. The scale can't be too large.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 16, 2021

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

The X-man cometh posted:

and Hurts in the 10th

Eeew, what else are your options?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Sataere posted:

Kelce is one of those rare guys where I don't care about his age. Until I see proof of a decline, I assume he'll be good forever.

Brady first round pick confirmed

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
That looks fun as poo poo. What's the buy in?

Deep leagues are so much fun. If you bounce let them know I am game.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
He spent a day trying to trade out of 1.01 after probably spending the last 2 weeks trying to trade out of 1.01 right?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Oh my god kick him out of the league. He probably spent the previous weeks trying to trade the pick too.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I think he's going to be legit and will be more fantasy relevant than Bourne.

87 points it is

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Call me nuts but I'm not wasting a roster spot on the 5'5" guy in the gladiator sport, no matter how deep

Isnt there a rookie WR who has to drive while sitting on phonebooks?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

In my own league I refer to past seasons to see how scoring pans out, it's nice to be able to look and see for example the top scoring players of all time list and see the mix of positions there.

I am going to assume the week 16 Kamara absolutely destroying my championship chance is #1 on that list. That link can stay blue.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Is that redraft? You only need 2 RBs. You will grab a handcuff soon once an injury happens.

You have Cooks and Jeudy who can flex easy imo.

Not a bad draft but week versus week is based on fantasy luck so no one knows.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

RCarr posted:

Yea it’s redraft with 2 keepers per team. 0.5 ppr

6 team and that's the best you got? Fuckin scrub man.

12 team or 8 team?

Edit: it's an absolute poo poo 8 team draft.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Spoeank posted:

I'd get rid of Russell Gage for a second TE before Lance

I wouldn't, just stream QB in 10 team if you already own Herbert.

Someone will go on IR in the next couple weeks, just IR or cut them and then worry about a qb. I would trust Carr more than Lance for a redraft.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Well thats true. But so are QBs in 10 team. Cut gage and take a lotto ticket like uhhh Elijah Moore?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Your league is modeled after our league. We allow it.

It's not worth trading Julio for a 3rd or 4th at that cost, so drop and bid is the way to go. Everyone has 24hrs minimum to place bids, right? Our league has that rule, if it's less than 24hrs then the player isn't available on waivers till the following waiver period.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I don't understand that one. She said it was "lame" which isn't what I would say if someone hit me.

Who knows, need more evidence here.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Akers is done. Running backs don't come back from Achilles. Straight up cut. Pick an actual lotto ticket.

Only like 2 RBs in the last decade have been in the league 2 years past an Achilles injury. Let me look for the stat.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 25, 2021

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Speaking of it, are there any guys you like for late round potential keepers in redraft? I know I want to try to grab Mooney and a few others that have a lot of promise after their rookie year or a regime change.

Antonio brown in the 6th or 7th.

Can you use keepers on waiver pickups?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Just wait for a dude to break out. Jefferson wasn't rostered last year I bet. Neither was Robinson. Snag both, or any guys like Herbert on the cusp of breaking out. Bid on all of them, don't wait a week just to see if they repeat their weeks.

Churn the last 2 roster slots weekly (alternate weeks) for gold nuggets.