Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I am always tempted by dynasty, but my biggest fear is getting stuck with a bad team and having it end up feeling more like work than something fun. Also I don't follow college sports at all, so every draft would just be me checking ADP lists or whatever without any of my own input.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Spermy Smurf posted:

Just a heads up, I'm one of the guys that sold you on Mixon a few years back. I may not be good at Fantasy Football.

It's totally his year though.

:shrug:

I believed it at the time and did the same poo poo myself in one league.

The next year Mixon lives up to his preseason hype will be the first. Who doesn't want to spend a second round pick on a guy who will bounce off the D-line two times in a row starting on 1st and 1 to then watch some other RB come in and easily walk in for the TD on 3rd down 8 times a year. He has Trent Richardson vision and the only reason people have not noticed is because they incorrectly blame the terrible team around him.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jul 21, 2021

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Sataere posted:

I legitimately believe this is the year he is finally good because this is the first year I wont draft him.

:same: (about the not drafting part after having him every year)

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jul 21, 2021

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I am not super high on Taylor or anything, but that does not seem unreasonable to me. After the first tier of McCaffery, Cook, and Henry it seems like there are differences in situation or other factors where there is no clean pick #4, and there is not really a huge projected difference in my mind between picks 4 and 12. Kamara lost Brees, which might not matter but it is an unknown that may or may not impact production, Elliot did not even look like the best RB on his team last year, Barkley might not be 100% and could miss some games early in the season. Sure, at 4 someone can draft any of those 3, but I don't think it would be that big of a reach to draft Taylor, Chubb, Jones, or really any other projected first round pick.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
What do people think of Hurts? His ADP is all over the place where some places have him as QB20 and others as QB8. In a 10 team Superflex keeper league I have an option to keep either Stafford or Hurts as an early 4th round pick. I have them ranked fairly evenly, but I want to pick them both for different reasons:
Stafford - A safe pick that should be reasonable value for his ADP and is unlikely to waste the draft pick
Hurts - Play to win the league, not just have a solid team that will likely make it to the playoffs, with the risk that you might just end up in last place.

Pretty much all of the top QBs are kept as keepers or will be almost guaranteed to be drafted before my first round pick, so effectively the top tier of QBs left are like Herbert, Stafford, Hurts, Burrow, and Tannehill.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Stafford should be a top 5 QB this year. Hurts is a longshot. How in the world do you have them ranked evenly?

Me ranking them equally is already nudging the scale toward Stafford based on ADPs since every projection has Hurts a bit higher, that is part of why I was asking, if there was something I was missing with Hurts because on paper Stafford seems a bit "cleaner" of a pick but I am second guessing it since almost every "professional" has a different opinion. I cannot find a football site that has Stafford ranked above Hurts. The only thing I can think of is that for 1 QB leagues you can take a bit more risk since there are more QBs available as a backup if a gamble does not work out (aka Hurts), while for a 2QB league you do not really have that luxury, but even for those few 2 QB ADPs he still tends to be a little ahead.

QB rankings:
Yahoo - Hurts 7, Stafford 12
ESPN - Hurts 10, Stafford 13
FFToday - Hurts 11, Stafford 15
Beersheets - Hurts 10, Stafford 13
Footballguys - Hurts 11, Stafford 13
Fantrax - Hurts 9, Stafford 12
CBS - Hurts 11, Stafford 17
Draftsharks - Hurts 10, Stafford 11
FantasyPros expert aggregate - Hurts 9, Stafford 12

2QB ADP:
FantasyPros - Hurts 10, Stafford 12
Fantasy Football Calculator - Hurts 10, Stafford 11
Fantasy Data - Hurts 10, Stafford 11

Thanks for all of the feedback people, was leaning Stafford but I thought I might have been missing something.

Edit: Went through and added a few more things, I have not even heard of some of these sites. I am not cherry picking, I just have not yet found one that has Stafford higher.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jul 25, 2021

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Also, generally speaking it feels like passing QBs outcome is more similar to the game outcome so it looks better live. 300 passing yards and 2 TDs looks like a proficient game when watching and is worth 20 fantasy points. A running QB can look terrible and the team can get blown out and he still ends up with a similar 20 points for like 200 yards passing, 60 yards rushing and a rushing TD. I feel like there have been numerous times I check the stat tracker and a running QB has 10 more points than I expected for them losing 10 to 35 or whatever.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I might join, just unsure how likely it would be for me to do a complete draft without wife or kids forcing me to leave before it is completed. I guess if it is not full it is better than nothing, but I don't want to take a spot from anyone else.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Sataere posted:

Thanks for jumping in guys. That was a good SF mock.

Yea, it was fun. Was there some offsite chat room for it? It was kind of quiet, but maybe it was just a quiet crowd since it is just a mock. I am pretty happy with my team. The only pick I would take back would be Fournette, I forgot it was start 3 WR and I would have rather had a 5th WR, but you need to drop someone for waiver moves anyway and it was only $2 so whatever. While I have not been in an auction league for something like 10 years, when I was in an auction league I never did that well and in hindsight it felt like my biggest flaw was thinking that my strategy was unique - that I was the only person eyeing the last 3 RB in a tier or trying to save money until the end for sleepers when someone else is doing the same thing. It feels like the first and last player (draft order, not player ranking) in a tier is over priced, but you can potentially get good value with players in the middle since other people don't seem to bid up player X as much because player Y is still there, who then gets bid up because oh crap that is the last starting RB.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Aug 1, 2021

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

What do you guys have for keeper rules?

My 12 year old league is looking to redo our keeper rules (because they suck), so looking for suggestions.

In a league that I am in it is the round that you drafted them for a total of 3 years including the year they are first drafted, 1 per position, max of 3 keepers. FAs are keepers at the ADP for whatever site you like with similar rules for up to 3 years following the season they were picked up. I am not sure if this is anything exceptional, but it is the rules we have.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

gently caress you Najee Harris

Signed,
Every dynasty player with the 1 overall

What did he do? Just likely not vaxed or something beyond that?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I hope vax info is available after training camps for fantasy drafts, would be dumb to avoid someone like Hopkins and grab someone you like less because you know for sure Hopkins is not vaccinated, but then it turns out the player you grab is unvaccinated also, they just were smart enough to not tweet about it. I do value unvaccinated players a little less since they will likely end up missing games due to secondary exposure that vaccinated players will not, but it is hard to tell how that will impact drafts at this point.

Also, in my 10 team SF keeper league I am seriously considering Harris for my first round pick, just because so many good players are kept and I pick 6th and there are only 5 players left I feel are worth a first round pick. The unknown seems better than a flawed known, even if not as safe.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Aug 1, 2021

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Spermy Smurf posted:

Except Mixon because this year is his year.

I cannot tell if this is serious or not.

The Case for Joe Mixon to be a Top 5 RB - 2019

Joe Mixon to be a Top 5 RB - 2020

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Aug 2, 2021

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
What are thoughts on Barkley? Similar to my previous question about Hurts, but it seems like he is getting a first round ADP across the board (typically RB6-8ish or so), yet to me it feels like there is a ton of risk for him. Currently PUP, might miss early weeks of the season, might not be 100% when he does come back, and he is on a bad Giants team with a projected worst Oline in the league. I am mainly asking because after mapping out projected keepers in my keeper league, so many good players are kept that it is looking likely I will need to choose between him or another equally risky RB with the 6th or 9th overall pick since so many top players of each position are kept. He has the physical talents to be a top RB, but I am just not sure if this year is the year to use a 1st round pick on him, yet almost everywhere he is getting ranked as if he has not been injured.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I always found 2 QB leagues to be very unpredictable, even within the same league year to year. Some years all good QBs are gone by the end of the 3rd round, other years decent ones trickle into the 5th/6th round (by decent I mean QB 16 or so). We have a limit of 3 QB per team to prevent hording so maybe that slows down the draft rate some. I tend to get a QB 1st or 2nd round, then 4th, then ~ 10th for a flier for potential keeper value.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Aug 14, 2021

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I see work leagues as a perfect example for snake drafts continuing to exist. You tend to have a massive range in fantasy football knowledge from people that have been in 100 leagues to people that cannot name a football team and just want to be a part of the office socialization, also a ton of people that would balk at a 3-4 hour auction draft as well.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I think the second QB is getting very overvalued in the thread based on the league rules because you still need a ton of money for some combination of 10 RBs, WRs, and TEs :wtc:. Normal 2 QB or superflex leagues are at ~ 3:1 ratio of position guys to QBs, while this league is 5:1, more similar to a 1 QB league, so player values probably follow some. Obviously you still want 2 solid QBs and a serviceable 3rd for bye week or injury replacements, but you could recoup the points lost with budget QBs if you have better RB4s and WR5s compared to other teams (or the opposite with budget WRs and better QBs). Bizarre rules, feels more like you are just managing two teams mashed together in one, but with one of the teams being really bad.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Aug 18, 2021

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Sataere posted:

Oh I understand. I'm just saying that last year I never saw him go less than $50. That holds true for a bunch of guys. I just can't imagine 10 people looking at CMC and saying "$36? Pass"

Not sure why I designated myself as a white knight for some league I am not in, outside of enjoying leagues with weird rules to throw off standard ADPs - but I assume $35 for this league is worth fairly close to $50 from a standard $200 budget auction league and probably more, just because you need to afford so many more players. No idea how many bench spots there are, but not only do you have a lot less money per player to spend, you also have more competition for players since people need a lot of them to fill a roster. Most people spend significantly less on their bench than starting roster, so in a standard auction people let you have Jarvis Landry for $2 because they already have full rosters and don't really care about bidding bench guys up, but when you need to start 6 WR or whatever suddenly there is a lot more interest in those guys and they might end up costing $10 since everyone is still building a starting roster. From the mock 2QB auction that Drunk Nerds ran a few weeks ago, just adding a second QB depressed prices some for non-QBs since people need to budget more money for both more expensive QBs and a second one, throw a whole clown car of random position players into the mix and everyone will be cheaper compared to a standard league, except RB3-5s and WR4-7s because those guys are going to be in starting lineups vs on the bench or WW.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Aug 18, 2021

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Whoreson Welles posted:

This hits home real hard. My keeper league took a pause last year because of the unpredictability of Covid and we just did a one-off redraft. Now we’re starting the keeper league back up and swapped out the guy who never really participated with an old friend who doesn’t watch the NFL anymore but likes to banter and his buddy is going to help him draft and set rosters. We selected keepers and I’m looking at available players and just feel like I don’t know or remember half these dudes anymore or how they performed last season. Time is wack, yo.

Anyway here is my predicament: I’m 5th pick in a 10-team .5PPR but also have the 12th overall due to trades carrying over. All the elite RBs are kept or will be picked by the time I’m up so it leaves me with a handful of rookie or 1-to-2-year vet RBs to choose from.

Najee Harris (will probably get taken but listing him anyway)
Antonio Gibson (same)
CEH
Chris Carson
DMont
JK Dobbins
Josh Jacobs
Miles Sanders
Darrell Henderson

Right now I would love to see Gibson fall to me and then hopefully get Dobbins or Henderson with #12. CEH feels like a trap due to the backfield and redzone work, and I can’t bring myself to take Fumble Machine Chris Carson again. Is there a strong case for any of these guys or is this the group that you just grit your teeth and take the good with the bad?

I think we have different preferences, because I like CEH and Carson much more than the other guys (assuming Harris and Gibson are gone). I am generally down on Montgomery and Sanders, I like Dobbins a lot but my main concern with him is the number of touches since Jackson and Edwards will both significantly eat into his carries, and I think Jacobs and Henderson could be good values at their lower ADP, but it seems like there are so many keepers you do not benefit from that if you need to take them as early as 12.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

See this is what I was talking about with dynasty guys knowing more than me I didn't even think to consider this because up to now we didn't use budgets

Jokes on you I have never done dynasty and I know nothing.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Call me nuts but I'm not wasting a roster spot on the 5'5" guy in the gladiator sport, no matter how deep

:cryingdarrensproles: huh, how is that not an emote by now? I guess he is listed at 5'6" so he towers over that shrimpy dude.

Also for slow draft drafting, I recall the first year of the 20 team league was a slow draft and it took 16 days and the last few rounds needed to be rushed because the season was going to start. On one hand I am inpatient and want to make my picks and see other picks, on the other hand if they start in July or early August and it is going slow at least it is something to do.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

My redraft league that is keeping keepers for the first time this year is drafting tonight. Would it be dirty of me to draft Etienne really late then stash him on IR all year so I could keep him for cheap next year?

Edit: we keep for two rounds higher the following year.

I don't see how it is dirty when nothing prevents another owner from making the same move. In my keeper league stuff like that happens every year, with the risk being someone else drafting him late but a round before you plan to.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Is CDL the new abbreviation for Lamb? Assuming so, I don't feel he is being overdrafted and he is the lowest ADP WR with a reasonable chance at WR1. WR1 overall, not a WR1. His current ADP seems appropriate to me, kind of sad he has moved up two rounds in the last month though, making him more difficult to roster everywhere.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 27, 2021

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

CocoaNuts posted:

Anyone here giving Joe Flacco any thought as a QB3? Just as an insurance policy in case of injury to one of your top two QBs? Flacco has looked better in the preseason than I would have imagined, but I don't know if I can trust him.

People look good in the pre-season all the time. Unless you are in a 2 QB 14+ team league, there is not much reason to think about him.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

12 man, 0.5 ppr
Reasonably satisfied with my draft. Took my QB at the end of the 5th because there was a run going. Told myself i wouldn't take a TE but got Gesiki in the 9th. Some people took 2QB for some reason.

I am sure it will be fine since I never win so what do I know, but it is like a team full of people on my do not draft list.

Ayudo posted:

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1431742891207049219?s=19

Another knee sacrificed to the knee god.

edit: saw video of the injury. Planted foot with knee hyperextension. Can't imagine he plays this season.

Welp, that is a keeper well spent. Going to be hard to be competitive being the only team without a RB and pretty much the top 12 either kept or drafted before my first pick.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Aug 29, 2021

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Party Boat posted:

Draft tonight, how much are people factoring vaccination status into draft decisions? I'm currently treating it as a tie breaker when players fall into the same tier, apparently McCaffrey is a "declined to discuss vaccination status" guy but I'm not sure it's enough to knock him from the top spot.

I'm picking second so it might not even be relevant but the guy who's first tends to do stupid stuff like take QBs in the first round.

I have a feeling the league told them to answer like that to keep it ambiguous since they all have the exact same phrasing. Right now the problem is we only know that some players are unvaccinated because they either admitted it or due to whatever league mandated covid protocols they need to follow (wearing a mask on the sidelines, long quarantine from secondary exposure etc.). Even though most teams have a reasonably high percentage of players vaccinated, I have a feeling the unvaccinated players are biased towards more fantasy relevant players since someone just trying to make the roster as the 5th WR needs to get vaxed to make themselves more desirable to the team, while Lamar Jackson or DeAndre Hopkins will not be cut either way. Since as far as I know we don't have full vaccination status for everyone, I feel like there is a risk that if you skip a star player due to being unvaxed, the lower ADP player that you chose instead of them might also be unvaccinated, but they were smart enough to not tweet about it. I think it would be a good tie breaker for players you like somewhat equally, but I would not choose Emmanuel Sanders over Hopkins just because I know he is vaxed and Hopkins is not.

I am actually surprised no list has been compiled for this yet with all of the fantasy sites out there, figure watching training camp and such people would be able to figure it out.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
RIP Dobbins and all the twitter doctors measuring his bent leg angle and saying it was not an ACL.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Going against the grain here with Devonta Smith. Rookie receivers being fantasy viable isn't the normal and Michael Thomas is already injured and out for who knows how long.

Callaway has chemistry with Jameis and let's face it somebody has to get targets in NO with Thomas out.

This is my take as well. Eagles are going to likely be bad, he is a rookie, and if Lockett and Shenault are on your bench when would you ever start Smith.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
McCaffery was a top performer with Kyle Allen as QB so there is less concern that bad QB play will impact his game, while Kamara has had above average QB play his whole career outside of games Brees missed due to injury.

There is always a risk when someone's circumstance gets worse that they lose value, prime example is PIT Leveon Bell vs NYJ Leveon Bell.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Sep 2, 2021

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
How many picks until your next pick?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Whoreson Welles posted:

I don’t want to bash anyone who drafted him and I’ll preface this by saying I’ve come in last two years running in my keeper league but:

Can someone sell me on D’Andre Swift? I get he’s talented but aren’t the Lions in a real bad spot for RBs? He got taken pretty high in two of my leagues and I just can’t wrap my head around it.

I mainly see him highly ranked in PPR since he is projected to catch a lot of passes. Part of it is that there are something like 22 RBs that might get enough touches to be an RB1/2, and he is one of them. I don't value him as high as his ADP is so I never end up with him :shrug: .

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Sep 3, 2021

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

CocoaNuts posted:

Did you all know that Russell Wilson has never missed a game in his NFL career? I just bumped into that fact this morning and it elicited a "Holy loving poo poo!"

You must be the guy in my league that drafted him in the first round as the first QB in a single QB league.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

VietCampo posted:

Someone dropped Curtis Samuel to pick up a kicker, is he worth dropping Waddle or Mooney for him in a 1 PPR league?

I probably would. No idea which one though!

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

thalweg posted:

I had 6th pick in a 12 team 0.5 ppr superflex and this is what i ended up with. I don't like picking in the middle and every time it was my turn i didn't like any of the "top" options available to me, and it just got worse the longer the draft went on. oh well

Round Pick Player Position
1. (6) Alvin Kamara RB
2. (19) Aaron Rodgers QB
3. (30) DeAndre Hopkins WR
4. (43) James Robinson RB
5. (54) Joe Burrow QB
6. (67) Julio Jones WR
7. (78) Trey Sermon RB
8. (91) Tyler Boyd WR
9. (102) Courtland Sutton WR
10. (115) Sam Darnold QB
11. (126) Gerald Everett TE (i don't know what i was thinking here)
12. (139) Leonard Fournette RB
13. (150) Alexander Mattison RB
14. (163) Ty'Son Williams RB
15. (174) Rondale Moore WR

Looks fine to me.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Sep 4, 2021

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

thalweg posted:

Yeah, maybe it's fine. Yahoo gave me a C but what do they know, right?

Without exaggeration the team with the highest yahoo grade has got last place in my one yahoo league 4 years in a row. This year it is me :sweatdrop:. Yahoo projections are terrible and project everyone in my low scoring league to get 120+ this week when typically maybe 5 teams a week get above 100.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

generic one posted:

Well, yeah, but my question was more geared to the Yahoo grades folks were mentioning. Like, I remember those being a thing, but I’m not even seeing that as an option this year. Maybe they’re hidden behind the new paid service Yahoo is offering? As worthless as they are, I was kind of curious how they’re stacking up against other sites.

Maybe I’m just blind.

A few minutes after your yahoo draft finishes it posts an AI generated review of teams with grades on your league page. It is free and automatic.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Is it seen as lame to use the IR as extra bench space? Can load up on various PUPed players like Jeff Wilson and Tarik Cohen for free. It seems kind of try-hard for a somewhat casual league, but hey, free 17th and 18th round picks.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Sep 4, 2021

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

pmchem posted:

Last draft of the year, who were the top drafts here?

League is a reddit.com/r/narffl major league (huge reddit relegation league, details here https://narffl.com/rules)
12-team PPR with 2 RB, 2 WR, flex, otherwise usual scoring.

Details on picks and my slot number:

I drafted out of the 3-slot. I didn't expect Hurts to be available at the end of the 10th or Lance at the end of the 14th, so my QB plans went a little sideways -- almost took Brady in the 6th. Love Javonte in the 7th and my defense platoon. Need my WRs to pan out and RBs not to get too terribly injured. Pitts is a calculated risk.

RBs in-season off the wire go for crazy FAAB values.

I would rank 4 as my favorite, with 1 and 11 somewhat behind them (with the caveat that I did not pay too much attention past the starters. I think rounds 3/4 hurt your team. I realize in hindsight it is way easier to plan out a perfect draft when you know what people behind you will do, but I think you really should have taken one of Jefferson or Keenan Allan in the 3rd round, then a RB in the 4th round, and then grabbed a TE later.

Edit: Actually, revisiting it I think I like 1 the most, then 4, the 11/12.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Sep 6, 2021

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

pmchem posted:

FYI, Team 1 immediately traded Henderson for Hock post-draft

Well, I like it less now. They better hope one of McCaffrey or Mostert (lol) never get injured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

shirts and skins posted:

I feel like you can choose to go early TE or early QB, but you can't do both. You're left with too little depth at the WR/RB positions. Still considering whether I'd take Kelce if he falls to me at 9/12 in my full PPR league and I think my answer is probably "no". Having Kelce was an incredible advantage in Standard last year but with my top RB out I felt like I was scrambling all season.

There is really no wrong position to pick at pick 9 in PPR (outside of QB), a top WR like Hill or Adams is reasonable, Kelce is reasonable, and whatever RB is reasonable. With your top RB out the points are lost no matter what, I am not sure if there is much functional difference between playing a decent RB3 with a middle tier TE or playing a top tier TE with a worse RB3, it just moves around who gets the points. I have had years where my sleeper TE does not pan out and I end up getting a cumulative 2 points over 6 weeks and it is not ideal.