Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I'm interested in joining a dynasty league. Are there any spots left?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

As a Pats fan, I expect Henry to be a better real life football player than fantasy player. I think Jonnu will see higher volume and a larger role in the red zone and Henry won't really stand out among the TE2 options without injuries to Jonnu or the Pats' WRs.

Cole Kmet and the Saints' Adam Trautman are probably the best bets for "young TE about to break out" in that range. I'm a Trautman guy and would lean him over Kmet but I like both as options that could retain value for several years. As for veteran options going in that range or later that are probably underrated, I like Tyler Higbee and Gerald Everett. Now that they're not contending with each other and they both got QB upgrades, they could take that next step forward as TEs (although Higbee will have Jacob Harris breathing down his neck by next year).

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Also Jacob Harris is going to be a must-have stash in a TE premium league. I would target him aggressively when people start going after this year's rookies.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I have three picks coming up in the next 17 and I am tempted to use two of them to help fill up my Taxi Squad with rookie TEs Tre' McKitty and Jacob Harris, with eyes to take Kylen Gransen with my next pick (that is like 20 picks after the third of these three upcoming. I already have Hunter Long because every other TE on the Dolphins is on the last year of their contract. How stupid would it be to have 4 rookie TEs when I already have Kmet and Firkser on my roster?
It's not stupid at all. On a dynasty roster, you're going to want multiple guys with long term paths to viability cause you're not going to be able to get replacement level TE production from a rookie draft like you can RB/WR. If you have the roster space and you're not costing yourself swings at quality RB/WR prospects, hoarding young TE assets could really pay off over time even if only as trade chips to use in larger packages.

That being said, I would honestly have McKitty last of the names you listed and he's one of those rookie TEs you probably don't need at all. He has a great name and the highest draft capital but he's a blocking TE with a very 'meh' athletic profile.

https://www.redandblack.com/sports/...6bf2d9dd4e.html posted:

“One of the best things he does is really block at the line of scrimmage,” Telesco said during a virtual press conference on chargers.com. “Very good size, strength, power, good feet to stay on blocks and he likes to do it and you can tell. That position is very hard to find nowadays in college. A lot of the tight ends are out in the slot and they are excellent receivers but we do need somebody to kind of handle that role at the line of scrimmage.

Once you have rookies like Hunter Long and Jacob Harris on the same team, you can probably call it a day but Granson, the Chiefs' Noah Gray, or the Jets' Kenny Yeboah are all worth taking late swings at. And if you want a young TE attached to Justin Herbert who is basically free in a startup draft, you can stash Donald Parham Jr (a 6'8" giant with a significantly better receiving profile).

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You just have to cast a wide net at TE to find the values since TE development is much harder to predict. And for some of these rookies that do hit, this will be the cheapest you can acquire them.

The only one I am emotionally invested in is Jacob Harris.

Big man athleticism is the biggest factor for difference-making TEs and that kid is built like a Greek god. If Sean McVay and company can develop him at TE, he is a potential stud down the line. And based on the attention he was getting from coaches in OTAs/minicamp, I think they're already aware of what they might have in him. If he busts, I will be very sad.

Depending on how things fall I may take a swing at Anthony Schwartz, Cornell Powell, or Ihmir Smith-Marsette. I'm also debating picking up Gardner Minshew in case he ends up on the Saints, Steelers, or some other respectable team that needs a QB next year.
I like all of those targets except for Powell. As a late senior breakout, he's not in the same tier of prospect as Schwartz (elite traits) or ISM (great situation). And of course Minshew Mania will ride again. If the Broncos had gone after him instead of Teddy, they could be going to the playoffs this year. The Jags would be fools to not sell him for a mid round pick next offseason.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Yeah he'll need a year plus on a proper strength and conditioning plan to get his weight up to make the WR->TE transition but the analytics were in favor of his transition and if he's a hit as a receiving TE, his blocking only needs to be passable (eg Darren Waller) instead of elite like a George Kittle.

Jourdan Rodrigue of the The Athletic had a great in-depth article about him while he was impressing in minicamp:

https://theathletic.com/2648671/202...hell-be-molded/ posted:

In fact, it seems Harris has become a “special project” player for both tight ends coach Wes Phillips — with whom Harris is constantly in orbit receiving instruction — and head coach Sean McVay, who has taken extra time with the rookie during drills on more than one occasion. With veteran No. 1 tight end Tyler Higbee not practicing, McVay also placed Harris into the first-team reps in seven-on-sevens through the entirety of minicamp after building his workload in OTAs the two weeks prior. Seven-on-sevens are run at nearly full speed and built to test mental dexterity in a semi-live situation and stress the mind at a faster rate. To see a rookie not only jump over more veteran players on the roster for those reps — and then thrive in them — is rare air, even without the pads on yet.

“I think he’s just earned it,” said McVay of Harris’ increased role over a rapid period. “I think he’s a guy that has a tremendous amount of upside. Wes Phillips has done a really nice job of getting him up to speed. His natural range, catch radius, body control for a player of his size is pretty rare. I think you guys can see — for NFL guys to stand out the way that he has done, in some of these limited settings, in shorts and in helmets, he’s definitely made a positive impression.”

McVay added that he plans to align Harris in a variety of positions along the line of scrimmage, which means he’ll be in less of the “traditional” tight end role and more of a mismatch option specifically in the passing game.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Ty1990 posted:

What are our thoughts on Deandre Swift going forward in a dynasty league?
Very talented dual-threat player but personally, I am scared off by the multiple week concussion he had in year 1. The soft tissue injuries can be dealt with and managed around but I cannot invest long term in a guy who potentially has concussion issues.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

In other news...

quote:

Cowboys placed WR Amari Cooper (ankle) on the PUP list.

This was expected as coach Mike McCarthy said in early June that Cooper is "still working through" his recovery process following a cleanup procedure on his ankle, which forced him to miss all of minicamp and OTAs. Though the 27-year-old's exact timeline is unclear, Cooper was reportedly "2-3 weeks" away from returning to the field in mid-June. His ADP (32.7) as the WR14, while costly, should only be viewed as egregious if he's still sidelined mid-August.
I feel like Cooper's recovery from ankle surgery has been an underreported narrative for the Cowboys so far, especially with his history of foot/ankle issues, and the ranks have yet to account for the risk this could pose. CeeDee Lamb and Michael Gallup are going to be great values.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

generic one posted:

Edit: Also, Royce Freeman pickups are on the rise. I’m assuming that’s because they expect MGIII to be traded, release, or gone after this year, and want the backup for Javonte Williams.
Even better: this is also due to the Rams as Royce Freeman's name keeps getting brought up on podcasts as a probable cut candidate who could go on to join the Rams.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Stafford is definitely the safer pick here but I think people are underestimating how difficult the path is for him to be a Top 5 QB as a pocket passer. Brady had 43 TDs last year and threw for 4600 yards; he was still only QB #7. I think Stafford's ceiling is similarly capped.

The biggest risk factor for Hurts is the Eagles souring on him by the end of the season but he will definitely produce for fantasy with his legs. He simply trusts his legs more than his arm and will take off from the pocket rather than progress through his reads. Likening him to Jacoby Brissett just isn't accurate. Brissett's highest rushing yards in a game is 48 from what I am gathering from PFR. Hurts had 106, 63, 69, and 34 rushing yards in his four starts last year (and the 34 yard game came with 2 rushing TDs). His week 15 performance (338/3 passing, 63/1 rushing) had him as QB1 or QB2 on the week depending on league scoring.

I don't think he will show enough as a passer to maintain his starting job so the Eagles probably look elsewhere before the end of the season just for the gently caress of it like the Jags did last year with their Luton/Glennon starts. But he will produce as a fantasy option until the Eagles pull the ripcord. So like your perfect world scenario would be something like you also have Trey Lance on your bench and then you're staring Hurts until Lance is an option. Then that slot in your lineup probably easily outproduces what your leaguemates are getting. But while I can dream up scenarios regarding Hurts vs Stafford, if guys like Herbert or Tannehill are also available, I am not loving around with Hurts. I think those two have more realistic paths to Top 5 numbers.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

When he showed up to OTAs in June and was like “yeah I am still managing my toe issue to get back to 100%” and that was an injury suffered in December, that really soured me on Gibson this year. He can say he’s fine now but when they ramp up their effort level for in season football, I am very worried that the turf toe will become an issue again after a month or so.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

I like this news for Henderson. It feels reassuring when they don't need to use the preseason to see what they have at RB after the Akers injury. McVay is confirming Henderson will be the guy and they will only worry after the bullets start firing during the regular season.

And with no preseason highlights to prop him up, this should hopefully keep Henderson's ADP from rising too much. No one is gung ho about him and the rankings are probably going to lean towards the conservative side of his outcomes. He could still be a value in drafts and if he pops in Week 1, that could immediately reshape people's expectations and make him a great sell high candidate.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Well this is a potentially interesting development for JK Dobbins.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1420092653887229955?s=20

Edwards having a 10 day isolation period means he isn't vaccinated.

https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1420033505812156428?s=20

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Alfalfa posted:

He can be vaccinated and still catch the rona. Just look at Reich @ Indy
Vaccinated players are not forced to spend 10 days away from the team. Like Jourdan Rodrigue reported, a vaccinated player who tests positive only needs to do daily tests until they test negative twice.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Or you can recall that COVID effects can linger for even top athletes. Edwards could easily have stamina issues for the next few months after this because his dumb rear end did not get the vaccination.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

When Louis Riddick hypes up a Chiefs' prospect, you just gotta listen.

https://twitter.com/LRiddickESPN/status/1292528072214945793?s=20

To be real though, while I think Noah Gray can probably contribute as a role player, the current narrative coming out of Chiefs' camp is reminding me a ton of Zach Sudfeld. "[Day 3 draft pick/UDFA] looks amazing in padless practices where guys aren't touching him! This 2 TE attack will be unstoppable!" When guys can touch him, his size/length is going to be a problem for him. He's only 6'3" 240 lbs with a 31 5/8" wingspan (10th percentile) where most good NFL TEs are at least 6'5 or 6'6 and 250+. Guys like Noah Fant and Evan Engram are closer to his size but they bring elite athleticism to the table with wingspans in the 68th percentile while Gray does not. His college YPR (8.6) was in the 4th percentile too so he also wasn't explosive at all against college defenders. I am not seeing how this kid can be a mismatch TE at the next level. Seems like he will be lucky to be a Jack Doyle type of "reliable catch-and-fall-down guy."

Edit:
https://twitter.com/pgsween/status/1420762080085348361?s=20

Oh hell yeah people are already calling him Baby Kelce. Definitely the next Zach "Baby Gronk" Sudfeld.

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jul 30, 2021

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

My point in referencing his CEH tweet from last year wasn't about questioning CEH's talent, it was to demonstrate that Riddick's praise of Chiefs can be so hyperbolic that it paints a dishonest picture and has negative fantasy value. It would be like completely trusting everything Cecil Lammey says about the Broncos.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Spoeank posted:

I was preemptively stopping people from clowning on CEH!!! He's good at football!
Fair enough. That's a good crusade to be on this year. CEH does deserve a mulligan and he's so much more attractive now that he's a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

I like the data that auction mock provided. It's definitely got me thinking for my upcoming auctions.

I would like one Brandon Aiyuk for $6 please. On every team. I have the money on me right now even!

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

https://theathletic.com/2747226/2021/08/02/washington-camp-thoughts-terry-mclaurin-antonio-gibson-can-open-up-the-playbook/ posted:

Gibson was limited by turf toe last season. The injury appeared to bother him occasionally during minicamp and over the last five practices, though he insisted, “It’s been good. Just making sure I stay on top of it, treating it after practice. After the long days, it gets kind of sore, but other than that, I’m fine out there.”
Oh cool.

Cool cool cool.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

kiimo posted:

Someone traded up ahead of me for Waddle, makes sense. Now I have to decide between Moore and Rashod Bateman. I love Bateman. I don't love his situation as much as Moore though. I think Bateman could be the #1 guy for Baltimore but Sammy and Brown being there kind of muddies it up. I'm sure Baltimore fans will say ignore Lamar's past, Bateman is the starting X receiver they've always needed and he'll throw to Bateman but I'm not sure.

I just think the Jets are giddy with Moore and lining him up all over the field. I mostly love how he gets separation with ease. That's my favorite thing in a receiver and a good reason why I avoided N'Keal Harry in the past which worked out for me.
I'm leaning Moore over Bateman for the same reasons. In a vacuum, I would like Bateman's athletic profile more but putting him on Baltimore will seriously cap his target ceiling whereas I think Moore is going to be Wilson's favorite target almost immediately and the Jets are likely to attempt 100+ passes more than the Ravens. The only knock on Moore is his size, which does concern me, but the rest of his game is so strong. Separation, YAC skills, deep play ability, and massive target shares over 30% in his last two years in college. He's a Tyler Lockett clone who shouldn't be stuck on a run first offense. Maybe the beatings in the NFL wear him down like they do Lockett but he's a potential target monster if he stays healthy.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

dy. posted:

I get that Henry is less valuable in PPR but why on earth are you leery on him? He is a human tank who doesn't get injured and is arguably the best back in the league in a good offense that uses him heavily.
The problem with taking Henry that high in the first is that he literally needs to run for 2,000 yards to return the expected value of that draft spot. He maxed out at RB3 in PPR in a year without CMC and Saquon. Now he has the history of 400+ touch guys in the year after pointing strongly towards regression. Maybe he's built differently than some of those other guys but it's really hard to say he'll be immune to the physical toll that workload has on players. Combine that with the Titans' garbage defense and the team outright telling us they want to pass more by acquiring Julio Jones and the regression argument gets even stronger. I don't think he'll be an outright bust but he'll be more of a floor play this year getting taken over guys with better ceilings because of their receiving ability.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Drunk Nerds posted:

Halfway full. We usually get 3-4 last-minute signups from the Discord, so just a few more early signups would be a great sign.
Please join, even if you have to bail after an hour and let the bots take over. That hour will give us all extremely valuable information that is very hard to get .
Thanks for putting that together. I drafted as Team 6 and definitely thought that gave us a bunch of actionable data for superflex auctions.

A few thoughts:

1) The significant discount on Saquon this year is making me fall in love with him. I got him at $55 versus $81 CMC, $67 Cook, $63 Kamara, and $62 Elliot. I think he's the only guy who can actually perform within range of CMC's ceiling and being able to save some money on him is going to be huge when targeting sleepers later on.

2) The young RBs are so cheap. $12 Javonte Williams, $8 Travis Etienne, $9 Trey Sermon, $8 Michael Carter. A couple of those guys are going to be huge hits at those prices (maybe not Michael Carter).

3) Similarly, a decent amount of dead zone RBs are also going at depressed values, enough to make them bargains. $13 Myles Gaskin, $12 Chris Carson, $11 David Montgomery, $10 Kareem Hunt, $8 Josh Jacobs, $8 Miles Sanders. Some of these are just funny to me even if I didn't wind up with any of them.

4) Stashing one of the rookie QBs with dual threat ability is an absolute necessity in superflex. $12 Trevor Lawrence, $8 Trey Lance, $7 Justin Fields, $5 Zach Wilson. I would rather have a discount QB2 and one of those guys as QB3 than spend up for a QB2. I only used $38 total on my QBs in this and wound up with Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, and Fields as QB3. I love that.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Ehh I am still skeptical of Meyers as more than a PPR depth piece. This isn't his first time as a preseason stud (see 2019).

He is mostly just an underneath option (#49 in Average Target distance, #68 in Deep Targets last year) who is not much of a red zone factor (#94 in Red Zone Targets). Other guys are running the lower percentage but high value money routes and Meyers is the safe option to look to if those aren't available. He's pretty solid at that but his 85/1,088/0 career line so far feels like a giant tell as to his lack of dynamic playmaking ability. Maybe he's just been unlucky at catching TDs... or maybe a guy who runs a 4.63 forty with below average speed and agility scores isn't good at finding the end zone in the big leagues. He also played 45.8% of his snaps out of the slot last year and I think that will drop with Bourne playing primarily out of the slot this season.

I think Agholor is going to outproduce him easily.

Edit:
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1428528171830415364?s=20

I loving love when Madden spin moves work in real life. Keep J.J. Taylor's name in mind in dynasty or if James White ever gets injured. The Pats coaches love him (they call him "Little Dion") and there have been indications he is being groomed as White's eventual replacement.

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Aug 20, 2021

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

kiimo posted:

My lord how many RBs does New England have?

Who the gently caress is JJ Taylor
He's a second year UDFA who is undersized (5'5' 185 lbs) but was quite productive at Arizona with a 1,400 yard rushing season in 2018 and 32 receptions in his final year in college in 2019. He had limited touches last year but did have a double digit touch game before Damien Harris returned and he averaged 4.8 YPC with 2.91 yards after contact overall, so he plays bigger than his size.

This was RBs coach Ivan Fears talking about him during minicamp:
https://twitter.com/DougKyed/status/1400518730250080258?s=20

Compare that with his comments on Rhamondre Stevenson from early in training camp:

https://nesn.com/2021/08/patriots-rhamondre-stevenson-must-improve-everything-ivan-fears/ posted:

Asked what Stevenson needs to improve as he works his way through his first NFL training camp, the longtime New England Patriots running backs coach shared a blunt assessment.

“Everything,” Fears replied. “Everything. What do I like about him? He’s here. I like that he’s here. Other than that, everything’s got to improve. That’s what we have to get done. He’s got a lot to learn. He’s talented, we’ll see what he can do in the games, but right now, he’s got a lot to learn — a lot to learn.”

So the praise does seem genuine to me as Fears is mostly a straight talker. James White is 29 and was allowed to explore his free agency options before they resigned him to a one year deal. They could easily make the move to a younger passing down back next year and Mac Jones has been peppering Taylor with targets when they play together. White has averaged 10+ PPG in PPR in 4 of his last 6 seasons and I think that role is going to be just as productive with Mac Jones at the helm.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Quarterroys posted:

I don’t think this is really an indictment on Henderson. They just have no proven depth at the position (as much as I want Xavier Jones to be a thing) and after a near miss with Henderson hurting his thumb in practice the other day, they made the move to shore up the backup situation.

Sony has been a JAG since those knee injuries.
I agree with this assessment. Of all the guys they could have acquired, Sony feels like one of the least intimidating options. His knees make him a complementary option at best and the Rams zone run scheme can take time to get comfortable in. This is an upgrade over Xavier Jones/Jake Funk but the biggest determinant for Henderson’s success is whether he can stay healthy.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/jourdanrodrigue/status/1430588014607028226?s=21

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

I have done a complete 180 on Pitts and now feel he is absolutely worth targeting in order to potentially get a TE who gives you a weekly advantage. From the reports out of Falcons’ camp, he is basically a TE in name only. They are lining him up constantly as a receiver where he has been dominant and he is barely doing any blocking or in-line work. And now they’re hiding him away during preseason games. He is going to have a major receiving role for this team and is likely to produce more like a rookie WR than a rookie TE.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

In general, the reason for the slow start for TEs is cause they have to learn two positions: they have to be receivers and offensive linemen. If they completely outsource the latter duties to Hayden Hurst though and have Pitts focus solely on receiving, then his adjustment to the NFL should be significantly easier.

It’s a harder pill to swallow in a snake draft than auction but I do think he’s the only guy with a ceiling within range of the big three and elite TE production has such a strong correlation with win rate that he’s worth the gamble at his cost. He could be a guy whose weekly upside is 100 yards and a TD and I don’t think any other TE after him can do that.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Spoeank posted:

complete list of every rookie WR/TE with multiple 100 yards and a touchdown games since 2000

Why is this list supposed to convince me a rookie receiver can’t do this? Looks like plenty of guys have done it this century.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Don’t be pedantic. You know I wasn’t saying “he is going to hit 100/1 every week.” That’s his ceiling when you have him in your lineup and it’s not going to be in rare matchups like a Noah Fant.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

RCarr posted:

Fant is basically a JAG and Pitts is like an elite rookie WR who you can start at TE. I’m not touching him at his ADP just because I’m not big on huge risks early in drafts but he certainly has a ridiculous upside. It’s certainly not crazy to expect him to outperform all recent rookie TE production.

Have they talked about lining him up at WR at all?
This is from Dave Richard's article after he watched the Falcons/Dolphins joint practices about a week ago:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/f...2021-potential/ posted:

"He's a receiver, basically," Dolphins safety Eric Rowe said after covering him through the first of two practices this week. "He's long. He can move. I know he's going to cause problems."

The problems for defenses begin before the snap. Pitts lined up in the slot, out wide, on the left side, on the right side, in-line like a traditional tight end, just behind the right tackle like a non-traditional tight end, and in the backfield like a fullback. He also frequently ran in motion before the snap to help his quarterback, usually Matt Ryan, figure out what kind of defense the Dolphins were playing.

That was just Thursday.
They are using him all over the field. It's very encouraging.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

dkj posted:

It didn’t happen in any of the mock drafts we did here. Think he usually went for $8-$12.
Auctions are where Pitts is a potentially fantastic value. Most players are dismissing him cause of the rookie TE label and psychos like me are a small minority so there isn’t much of a bidding war for him. You can get him for less than half the price of a Kittle or Waller and then target whatever midround talents you want with your savings.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

What are people's actual projections for Cooks given the QB situation and garbage coaching in Houston? I want nothing to do with him if Tyrod Taylor is going to be throwing him the ball most of the time.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

That feels optimistic to me and looking at their QB projections, it seems like their team projection for Houston has Deshaun Watson and Tyrod combining for 4,600 passing yards. If it's just Tyrod and Davis Mills, you can probably shave 1,000 yards off that total. The over/under for Brandin Cooks' 2021 season yardage is currently at 895.5 according to Bovada and that feels at lot more realistic.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Getting Saquon and Davante Adams at the turn is loving magical. Like you hypnotized your leaguemates. I could maybe critique the RoJo/Fournette pairing but whatever, you are loaded at WR. Maybe look into a two for one deal to upgrade at RB2 after the first couple weeks. One of Mooney or Waddle might be constantly stuck on your bench.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

The question for those of us in redraft leagues with people who arent stupid enough to drop Gus Edwards, is how much do we blow on Justice Hill? Or if there is a different Ravens backup RB that might be worth picking up.
I don't think the backups behind Gus Edwards offer much value. The Gus Edwards role behind Dobbins was worth something because of what Edwards had earned for himself. He is a very good and strong rusher; he consistently pops on Next Gen Stats in terms of rushing yards over expectation. He was gonna split touches at the goalline and serve as the closer in games they were leading. I don't think Justice Hill or Ty'Son Williams come in as a one-for-one replacement of that and they probably see usage more like a traditional change of pace option. And I don't think one really stands out from the other at the moment so there's a decent chance that if you bet on one, it'll be the other guy who pops.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1432043598401482753?s=20

There goes Irv Smith from late round TE consideration.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

DeVonta Smith > Marquez Callaway > Laviska Shenault

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Aug 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

ares posted:

I recieved an interesting dynasty trade - full ppr. It would be my Bryan Edwards for his Curtis Samuel. Obviously, this feels like a smash prior to pre-season, but the hype for Edwards from training camp and college profile, plus the injury to Samuel has me hesitant. I have 3 wr1/2s, so I can afford to see how this pans out. Anyone here have some opinions on it?
I am taking Curtis Samuel here but would not blame you if you preferred Edwards' potential. The hype around Edwards still makes sense even if he fell flat on his face in year 1. But Samuel has already proven himself against man coverage (his success rate has been at the 88th percentile or higher in the last three seasons according to Reception Perception), can win contested catches, and is still only 25 despite being on his second contract. I think he's going to play a lot of great ball going forward. He was healing from a groin sprain but a grade 2 sprain is something that can completely heal without surgery if you just give it rest and since the injury incurred in OTAs/minicamp in June, he was given plenty of time to get back to 100%. I think once they're ready to put him in a game, he ought to be good to go.

As a reminder, here was how Ron Rivera and Scott Turner deployed Samuel in 2019:
https://twitter.com/Ihartitz/status/1235680733206700032?s=20

Fitzpatrick is gonna love him.