Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Working on my Halloween costume…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Alright I took the thread advice and grew out the chops, then recruited my wife as Kim Kitsuragi.

How did we do?

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

mudskipp posted:

Does having a gun make a big difference btw?
Made it to the end without finding mine as I didn't like Evrart.

It’s replaceable, spoilers below.

It can help in the mercenary gunfight and save Titus Hardy. If you don’t get your gun then the Horrible Necktie is a potential substitute if you combine it with the potent alcohol from the hobos.

Some of the Hardy Boys always die even if you do have a gun/necktie and pass all the checks.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

SilkyP posted:

Mieville never topped Perdido Street Station imo

Agreed I liked it a lot more than City and the City.

The book about the endless communist runaway train that went through a magic desert was sweet but I’ll be damned if I can remember a single character (other than the train).

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

I thought Outer Wilds was awesome but I never finished it and I’m ashamed to admit that to the actual OW thread.

I got kinda far? Then tried to pick it up again and can’t remember all the details. Then I read some spoilers to try and catch back up to where I am. Some of the spoilers seemed like I never ever would have figured them out on my own either (like the Super Metroid bomb tunnel) which is a bummer.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

christmas boots posted:

use the figurines

You should be lined up against the wall and shot.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

https://youtu.be/awEOWrg2dRw

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

It's my first play through, and I've already hit the lowest of the low with Kim by 6pm day 1. How have only 1.5% of Steam players achieved this?

Mods?!?!

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

midnight lasagna posted:

Mr. Bezos is helping me fund my show.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

I enjoyed the 4 Personalities in Fallout 4.

1. Yes, I will help you, I am the last bastion of love and goodness in this messed up world we call Fallout.
2. Sure, I’ll help ya toots but it’s gonna cost ya an arm and a robot leg! Just kiddin. I’m wacky. Did you see Firefl-
3. I can’t comment yes or no, I choose neutrality. Indecision or just chronic apathy? Either way I’ll probably have to do this task anyway to progress the game.
4. No I won’t help you, in fact I’ll face gently caress you to death and burn down the whole town. Mwahahaha

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

UP AND ADAM posted:

Cyberpunk 2077 can't sniff one hundredth of Disco Elysium's poo poo. CDPR, and its army of underpaid writers, wish they released something with anything to say that mattered as much as a single scene in Disco.

Occasionally when your brain is arguing with Keanu Reeves intrusive thoughts and you talk about using cyber drugs and being so pissed off and loving rock and roll and nuking the big evil corporation it feels kind of Disco. But yeah maybe 1/100th as good.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

John Charity Spring posted:

these aren't very good, this article rules though

https://alastairhadden.medium.com/a-storm-is-blowing-from-paradise-disco-elysium-on-the-past-and-present-e2fff5d629be

Part 3 includes a dissection of the 'rules of detective fiction'

Awesome article, love how they broke all the rules of detective fiction.

Thanks for sharing.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

I like late night Whirling when everyone has gone home and the pianos get real soft and quiet. You can imagine seeing the snow through the sodium street lights. You can imagine being cold and damp after a long day detecting, and the warmth and dust of the old building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

Can’t wait for ZA/UM to auction off the IP in a bankruptcy fire sale and have Epic Games buy it for pennies.

We could see Harry DuBois doing a Fortnite dance and selling Mountain Dew VBucks during the Pepsi Nickelodeon Skibidi Toilet MLK Jr. Memorial if we’re very lucky.

Empathy [Easy: Failure] - Ultraliberalism is the best. The market identified a failing company and is now serving us more heaping helpings of our favorite alcoholic detective! Thanks Epic Games!