Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Randarkman posted:

Can't you just pass time on bench? Or is this because you can't get rid of Kim if you don't have a place to stay?

The clock stops at 2 AM and the only way to advance it to the next morning is to go to bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Kraftwerk posted:

Which skills will give me some kind of high level knowledge of what's REALLY going on in the world?
Like how do I gain an understanding of the political stuff, the pale or spiritual realm. How do I get into the deep political and philosophical debates?

Also on a more general level, is there a way for me to a competent cop who gets his poo poo together and goes through a redemption arc? Mostly I just want to be like "I know what's really going on and you can't fool me"

If you want lots of useless background trivia about the world and how it functions/is organized, then go with a high encyclopedia skill. But generally speaking this isn't Planescape: Torment and you aren't going to get locked out of crucial information because you didn't max wisdom at character generation. In fact, each stat has an associated skill that deals with perception or painting a wider picture of the world around you and you can't max them all.

If you want to play someone semi-competent, then you can just set all your stats to 3 and choose all the boring dialogue options. Be the Boring Cop.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

I like new Cuno. Doesn't sound any better or worse to me, just a little different.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Simone Magus posted:

There's apparently a bug on PS4 that prevents you from getting your badge back

How big of a deal is that?

I'd wait for a fix unless you're sure you're going to do another playthrough soon.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Nosfereefer posted:

By playing this game, you agree to the following conditions:
1. You are now a communist.
2. That is all.

Countdown to someone declaring that they don't think politics mattered at all to the story.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

idk. might be a glitch. the hung body and a few other things are just text. no voice.

Definitely sounds like a bug. Everything has been voiced for me.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/1377487117287260160?s=20

Rope Kid is playing DE right now. Well, more accurately he's drinking and rambling about game design while occasionally clicking a dialogue choice.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

lol. i am probably gonna go marxist for my first play through or something along those lines. also who is Cohh?

CohhCarnage is a streamer. You might recognize him as the guy who played a street preacher in Cyberpunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

My Disco Elysium LP that I ordered a year ago has finally arrived

Listening to it now, sound is good