Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Kaddish posted:

All of the archetypes have a stat that is 1 - it seems like it might be better to even them out a little? Is it perfectly fine to use one of the archetypes and will I end up screwing myself trying to customize?

this is basically a game where you can put your stats to whatever you want, and get a cool and rewarding experience out of it. i did 5 or 6 playthroughs of the game, i had plenty of 1s in stats and I was able to complete every run. a 1 Psyche Harry will have different solutions to problems than a 1 Motorics Harry, and you'll get to see some different content each time depending on what your Harry is good and/or bad at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Verviticus posted:

3333 or 4422 is fine dont listen to the weirdos, the game is written to be good from basically every angle

i agree except dont ever cheat and do 6666 because its basically the anti-cool playthrough

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Kobal2 posted:

The only therapy we need is a cool necktie who has our back, bratan.

yeah but a game where harry hangs himself in the closet from love-loss-induced despair wouldn't have been long or good

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Kobal2 posted:

But that's the break up too, isn't it ? I admit I don't really have a timeline all pegged out on a whiteboard filled with Clues and red strings ; but I assumed the reason Raphaël drowned himself in the work was to try and get his mind away from Her and focused on something, anything else.

I mean, even at the heart of the soul of The Work, there's a secret apricot-scented compartment. Surely that has "symbolism" written in crayon all over it ?

maybe he dove deeper into the intense policing after she left, but Harry was a cop for 18 years and she left 6 years prior to the start of the game. the cases made him a miserable depressed wreck all the time and it weighed on Dora heavily, plus being a cop paid poo poo all apparently and they were constantly too poor. if you learn the thought related to that secret apricot compartment, it also sheds some light on their relationship and the effects his detective work had on it.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Proletarian Mango posted:

Question regarding Evrart and his help is it possible to find Harry's gun without him? I've already discovered I had pawned it before I talked to him., Just wondering if I actually need him at all or if I can find The Pigs on my own.

you need his help to find The Pigs

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Kraftwerk posted:

There's something about this that I haven't figured out yet. Is Evart really going to do a good thing with his youth center? Joyce had some weird nostalgic plans for the coastal village and I'm wondering if forging the signatures will paradoxically result in better outcomes for that area?

there is a check (I believe it's a passive one) you can pass that will basically say Evrart seems sincere in his desire to build the youth center despite being a corrupt bag of scum. he does have interest in doing positive things for the area, even if it's for negative reasons

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

DreadCthulhu posted:

I wonder if anybody else wishes that the story had been less linear and on rails based on your actions throughout the game. I don't think you can avoid the tribunal, you cannot avoid meeting the deserter, Evart, the cops at the end of the game. You have choices, but they mostly affect the flavoring of the plot, the plot itself seems to stay pretty much exactly the same throughout the game regardless of what you do, as long as you manage to move forward. I realize that this is likely a limitation of how much crazier it would have been to make the game with all of those additional vastly separate branches, instead of forcing them into the same path.

on top of the logistical issue, I felt like the game did a good job of making it clear - you are just one dude, a cop without much actual power, in a place that's got several groups already in control of all the power. your ability to alter the events that have already been set in motion days/months/years in advance is going to be pretty small.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

TheMopeSquad posted:

I'm having some trouble got stuck where you need to find Ruby, got all the stuff leading up to "look closer at the FELD sign" then I do so but but there's no Shivers check to proceed and find the ladder.

are you trying to enter without your buddy, Superfly Kim?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the ending without receiving the pheromones is extremely cool and good and everyone should play it to know what true emptiness feels like

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

you ever tried to catch a bus and arrive at the stop just as it’s pulling away, and you run after it until your breath is ragged in your throat, senselessly believing you can keep up with it until the next stop, until your legs give out and you just watch it drive further and further away

pathologic 2 makes you feel like that all the time

this is a very accurate description but also inadequate as it doesn't make it clear that actually, this is a good thing and you will enjoy it

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Countblanc posted:

until that post I didn't even realize ZA/UM was like, owned by anyone who could fire other people. I had assumed it was a collective like Future Club

it sounds like there is both za/um the collective and za/um the company and only the latter has become diseased

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

MizuZero posted:

I wish I could smoke with Kim every night.

they really had me thinking i was going to get intimate smokey debriefs with kim every night of my dang life but then the game actually didn't have a "day" structure so that didn't happen and i was so sad