Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Pretty sure Klaasje's voice actor has changed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

VictualSquid posted:

Turning hardcore mode on in the main menu, sets the menu music to adm and the church to rave. Is this new in the final cut?
Nah, they added hardcore mode ages ago and included that as a little joke.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

So far I have to say I'm very impressed. I was sceptical about changing voice actors but every single one has been an improvement on the original.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Randarkman posted:

And the skills?
If you pick psychological they won't have a voice over either.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Pretty sure the characters the Chapo boys played have been re-cast.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

treat posted:

Is this confirmed? They generally weren't great in addition to being distracting.
Felix, Will and Virgil have definitely been re-cast. No idea about Matt, but I wouldn't be shocked. I say this as a fan of the pod its for the better because they're not actors.

I'm on day 1 and I'm pretty sure that its maybe Joyce who is the one voice actor thats been retained, and even then I'm not completely sure.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Give it a week. There will probably be hotfixes if it's that common that 2 different posters are having the same problem. Remember, this is a small independent developer and the update is free for everyone.
Yeah I had some soft lock problems when the game was first released and they sorted them out within a day or two

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

jesus this game is amazing. i am glad i put it off until the final cut because the voice acting is amazing. i love the fact that my dudes head is so blasted that he has the mind of a hosed up child. the police radio poo poo is amazing. please give me a HOBOCOP avatar thing. also i love the world building. its very dishonored but more modern time and way loving bleaker.
Mate. It gets funnier and bleaker from here.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Nosfereefer posted:

It is just a lot less powerful, I guess. Fake-welsh(?) sounds better when its shouted high strung and aggressively. He sounds so less certain of himself, which kind of throws me off.

Calling the precinct is a lot better in this edition though. Also hearing Kim getting excited about your name for the case.

e: "gently caress DOES CUNO CARE" is delivered more like a question than a statement now.
Hes 100% scouse, both in the original and the final cut. As much as I will miss the blast of "gently caress DOES CUNO CARE?", I think the new guy is far, far, better, but I think its virtue of them hiring an actual actor, and because this actor had a lot more lines to work with.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Cpt_Obvious posted:

It is no coincidence that when Harry dreams of his wife, he dreams of Dolores Dei. In essence, they are the same thing. Dolores is the embodiment of Moralism, the worship of the status quo. To the moralist, everything anomalous seems...insignificant. Communist uprising? No biggy. Orphans playing with corpses in the street? That's just the way it is. The gods are in their heavens. Everything is as it should be.

But this faith in the status quo is vanishing fast. The old church is empty. Where there was once worship of moralism, now there is nothing; a tear the fabric of the reality. And that's kind of the point. Just like Harry can't fix his relationship with his ex-wife, nobody can repair the damage that moralism has suffered. Nobody believes that the status quo is tenable. The world is teetering on the edge of war, and nothing will ever be the same.

Maybe the revolution will succeed. Maybe you can fill the church with music. Maybe you can convince the moralists to dance hardcore. Maybe not.

But moralism is as dead as disco.

Read every page of the Disco Elysium threads from way back when they started, and this deserves to be in the HoF of their posts.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Just finished my re-watch of Murder in Successvillle.

Tom Davis is the perfect Harry. I can't think of anyone else that comes close.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Tom Davis from Murder in Successville. Its not even close. Just look at him;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLtr_Sdfge4&t=991s

I did a rewatch of it recently and its perfect. He even has multiple scenes where he says "I AM THE LAW".

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Completed the game again today. Either I forgot or I only just found it, but one of the characters quoting a communist marching song which is actually just "If You Tolerate This Then Your Children Will Be Next" by the Manics put a huge smile on my face. Something about the anachronistic references in this game just gets me good.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I finally got around to getting this. I'm stuck in character creation because I kind of want to make an average person character and set everything to 3. Would I be loving myself down the line if I did that? Is this one of those games where average is actually bad?

Only time you should overthink Disco Elysium is if you're gunning for achievements. Otherwise, just embrace failure because failure doesn't mean you won't be rewarded.

Even picking one of the builds at the start of the game is fine. Just jump in and see what happens.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Volte posted:

For how little information there is about what actually happened, there sure is a lot of weird doomer speculation about how these guys are never going to work again

I thought the Discord would have more information but it's the exact same rumours and speculation.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I can't get angry at a three year old post but its still funny. Most people reading this will have played DE, probably multiple times and here we have a thread going "christ that sounds dull. Anyway, heres my pitch for a generic fantasy story aimed at children".

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

That's it! That's where I remember it from! I didn't dream it!
That quote came out before the game was released but it still stuck with me. It made me think the sequel would be about Klaasje as she partied pretty hard in Revachol and theres far more ambiguity with her than any other character in the game. She'd still have a thought cabinet but it would be vastly different from Harry's.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Awesome post. This thread thankfully has a bunch of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Tom Davis' character in Murder in Successville is Harry both in look and in character.