Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.

sebzilla posted:

The antidote to Pale expansion is Hope, particularly hope in the face of overwhelming adversity, whether founded in religion, communism or anodic dance music (this will be a victory for the light!)

Hard core!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

Sierra Madre posted:

Ruud? I believe the mercs say he only arrived in Martinaise just before the tribunal as backup. Joyce doesn't know about him at all.

Ruud doesn't seem like the kind of person who could pass with any believable cover story in public. Doesn't Phillis serve as the lookout? I thought she was the source of the 'you feel like you're being watched' line.

I also keep wondering about that guy in the Whirling-in-Rags who has bark lines and nothing else, there are so few characters like that in the game that he really stands out.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

Fister Roboto posted:

PROBLEM

A few days ago you made an irritated radio call in response to one of the latest happenings on the increasingly heated *culture war* front. In response to the decision of an actress (actor) named Ellen (Elliot) Page. You are employing this awkward and impossible naming style because it is now apparently mandatory and you're probably doing it wrong. Nonetheless, as *you're doing it wrong* is the whole point of what has been made mandatory. But also, you're trying to make a point. You've essentially been banned from Speedfreaks.FM as a consequence. You say *banned* although technically you've been *suspended*. But the suspension will not be lifted unless you retract the hateful statement in question, and you would rather die than do that. And hopefully it will not come to that, although who the hell knows in these increasingly strange days.

SOLUTION

Up yours, woke moralists! We'll see who cancels who!

I read this in the narrator's voice, with needless pauses and everything.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

Zonko_T.M. posted:

One of my favorites is Volition (I might have that mixed up) cutting in on your interrogation of Klaasje and calling out how compromised your thought processes are, and then all of them talking back denying that anything is wrong. Making your skills your literal thought process is so loving good.

I also love that after this if they realize something's going on, they all overcompensate. All the skills helping you deal with people is so good, but somehow when someone completely outmaneuvers you, leaving you with no tools for genuine conclusions, it's even better.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

I found a demo for Sovereign Syndicate, a Disco-Elysium-like set in a magic/steampunk Victorian London where you're a minotaur (???); the voices in your head are primarily depictions of the four humours, which also serve as your attributes. Rather than rolling dice you draw from a tarot deck, which gets depleted as you make attempts (eventually shuffled once completely drawn). It's really interesting.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

Sankara posted:

You can win "One More Door" if you reload enough. Just keep trying.

I did this, it was absolutely worth it. It was not worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

Also some pretty good sandwich descriptions.