Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010
Great game, looking forward to playing through for a third time with the Final Cut content. If you're just playing for the first time, there's a habit I had (and have seen others have) where you're used to just clicking through the dialog trees from top to bottom to make sure you get all the *content* by exhausting all the choices. Don't do that in DE. Choices have consequences and you may end up saying something you regret or lock yourself out of the path you're actually interested in by just trying to exhaust all the options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010

Nordick posted:

Ok so I have a question about Joyce:

Kim suggests trying to "throw her off" by being wacky and weird. Has anyone actually found a way to pull this off? Or are we just destined to "play right into her hands" no matter what? First playthrough I did the drug investigation thing, second time I just conceded to come back to her once I found my badge. Either case, Kim always remarked that the discussion isn't going the way he hoped. I wanna do things differently on different playthroughs, so I'd like to know if it's even possible to achieve this supposed "throwing off" of Joyce.

If I remember right, you can throw her off by asking for her boating registration or passport or something and actually insisting on it and getting her to show you her papers. I also think this let's you know her last name is different from what she tells you, cluing you in that she's more than just the negotiator. You kick off the chain by asking if it's her boat.

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010
In an ideal world arresting Klassje is probably the "right" thing to do so she can be held accountable for whatever she did do, but just like real life, DE's criminal justice/penal system is probably hosed to poo poo and as much as her lies throw off HdB's radar, the part where she fears for her life should she be arrested feels genuine. I started the conversation ready to to arrest but ultimately felt like she didn't deserve to die for what she did. Like most things in DE, I think the situation is well-crafted in that you never really know how much of what she's telling you is real and both courses of action you can take don't necessarily leave you with a squeaky clean conscience