Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

No Mods No Masters posted:

Incidentally, insane respect to them for ultimately not using the touched up skill portraits. It must have been hard to take that feedback but they did. Rostov remains unblemished

Holy moly I've not been following anything about the final cut so boy am I glad they didn't change those. Opening the stats screen would've been a real shock to my system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Just beat it. Fuckin incredible.

I played it back at release but put it down right when I got to the fishing village. I became busy and enough time passed that I felt like I needed to start a new run to see it with fresh eyes, but that just paralyzed me because I was very attached to my Harry - full on superstar commie cryptid-hunter cop, specialized in empathy, just overall being an optimist in spite of everything. Coming back to that same save years later was an interesting experience - it was like Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau had another bout of amnesia, and would be newly surprised by things he'd done literally the day before.

It felt like the entire ending sequence was specifically catered to my choices - here was a living example of a lone leftist avenger striking from the shadows, and the gruesome, non-disco reality of that kind of life. All my showy communist bloviating went completely silent; I barely even tried. And then the phasmid uncoiled from the reeds and blew my mind - I'd honestly given up hope by that point, even though I'd gone so deep on the cryptid questline that Kim actually lost his temper for once. I was perfectly set up for that moment... and then I roll loving snake eyes on the first check and scare it off. I immediately reloaded that because gently caress losing out on what ended up being the best moment in the game. I exhausted that tree. She said she loved me. :3:

Also holy poo poo the reveal that Harry was a gym teacher is perfect, it explains so much, especially how bizarrely good he is with kids.

E: I just remembered how I got an absurdly lucky roll to open the crate to the MRLBG. Kim's speech at the end about how all my hunches bore fruit felt real good because yes, it really was all of them, even the extremely stupid baseless one I beat my head against until it worked.

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Feb 2, 2022

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BDisgusting/status/1494371240387170307
:confused:

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Does signature skill choice affect anything other than the extra skill cap?