Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Ok, partially through a new playthrough, but doing it slowly. When does one get the chance to accept the political vision quest? I'm on day three now, but not seeing anything new... How does one trigger it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Dante Basco for Kim?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Skippy McPants posted:

Hey, guess what?

This game is real loving good.

That's one hell of a brave position to take.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

space uncle posted:

Working on my Halloween costume…

You better get those 'chops grown out, sonny.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

PageMaster posted:

I really wish I could completely forget this game and play it like the first time all over again;

Have you considered drinking heavily then wandering an environmental Alzheimer's-radiation field?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

An admirable Halloween from the both of you.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

dead gay comedy forums posted:

"robert, my portfolio is high effort shitposts in the literary themes of your work in the somethingawful forums. do you need a latin american writer?"

You should definitely try this

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

McCloud posted:

Also side note: Telling her about her husband the first time around broke my heart.

It's one of the best written parts of the game in a game chock-full of great writing.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

General Battuta posted:

Ah gently caress

Give it a shot, if anything, I would hope they would admire the elan of a DuBois approach to applications.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Dumb as hell,but I thought folk might enjoy it:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

No Mods No Masters posted:

Go through the kim's secret dialogue tree with high authority for some new stuff. But be prepared for your faith in kim to be shaken forever :aaaaa:

Oh don't leave us hanging! C'mon!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Welp, gonna hafta play this again NOW.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

He.... He DOES care, after all!!!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I can easily imagine Harry tapping himself on the head, muttering 'think, think' while everyone else stands around, awkwardly.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Ironically enough, poo poo like this made me completely lose my admiration for Kim. Like, have some self respect man! Walk off the job. Call hq and demand that Harry be taken off the case. Yell. Something.

He's a Moralist. He has no self-respect.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

EorayMel posted:

He couldn't handle the truth, bröther.

Ow.

Ow.

Ow.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

VROOM VROOM posted:

it's horrific beautiful

My retinas are threatening to go on strike.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

That Dang Dad posted:

Last one, I promise, but this batch I could write an entire game around. The cool guy in the upper left? Chef's kiss.

I'm more taken with middle and lower right. They look incredibly... in-game.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

YggiDee posted:

I don't know how the thread feels about fanart but Higgsboson on Tumblr drew, among other things, a really cool Joyce

If it's good fanart, then I'm game.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm glad they liked D.E.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

midnight lasagna posted:

I checked the Awkward Zombie forums out of curiosity and wow that place has been completely consumed by spambots, like 90% of all threads and posts are just bots posting links at each other. It's like exploring an abandoned building that's been reclaimed by nature.

God, the $10 covering fee was such a fantastic idea.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Oh god, is he going to draw a fancomic of D.E. decrying communism?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

No, he does a fantastic job at narrating, I just think myself and others would prefer more variety for the skill voices.

Bingo.

But I would say, I didn't like the v.a. for the tie that much. I always imagined them sounding like a sleazy Russian-accented guy (because of the liberal use of 'bratushka').

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

The steering levers are a very nice touch.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

KPC_Mammon posted:

My first attempt playing this game was during the breakup of an 8 year relationship and I couldn't finish it because of how devastating it was.

I'm sorry

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

SexyBlindfold posted:

LOGIC [Trivial : Success] @druboil spend less on candles

VOLITION [Trivial : Failure] No.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

That's some impressive pixel-work.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

God this game IS good, isn't it?

I do find it interesting that the skills that introduce Moralism and Communism don't actually belong to the skill groups associated with those political movements. I wonder if there was a reason for that.

Edit: Or maybe I'm wrong, and Int and Phy are Communism/Moralism associated respectfully.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Apr 29, 2022

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

star eater posted:

i bullied my friend into playing this finally and he’s enjoying it. i only did because he was being stubborn but it’s right up his alley.

i think i’ve played it 1.5 times but watched lots of ppl play it. SGF and Woolie being my favorite runs, both doing nearly everything in the entire game. SGFs run was about 65 hours and Woolie’s was 85 hours.

SGF

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaSPgE4K0SB3EgpAuZztCy5pqkkWrZHCO

Woolie

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiSdC6Lp8c7OqzRpriFam1lARlD9zI_Gl

I really liked SGF's run, because every so often there was a dialogue choice so egregious it managed to break even their practiced aura of detachment.

There was another guy by the name of... Lyle Shnub who did a good LP, too. Had a few things to say about the representation of racism with their experience of racism.

Also, NORCO seems to have a narrator who maxed out their Shivers.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 09:45 on May 6, 2022

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

ACAB, especially Kim - but especially Harry.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I don't know if this was supposed to be evocative of Police Squad!, but...

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

sebzilla posted:

That's actually quite a compelling theory, especially as she arrived in Martinaise at roughly the same time as the mercs (I think? Not certain on the timeline here.)

I don't think so, I think she arrived a few months before the Mercs. Before winter. And the strike has only been on for around a month and a bit.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Barudak posted:

Convinced my mother to play this, she died to the tie.

Has she punched Cuno

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Where the hell does one get that pie?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

AnotherGamer posted:

From what I understand, you need to pass specific high Authority and Endurance checks AND fail a low Conceptualization one when you first talk to'em, which unlocks the options to ask him about his job, which turns out to be a pie delivery man, allowing you to ask him to deliver one for you, which you can then get when you meet him later in Whirling-In-Rags. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlWAEvK8h-U

I'm not gonna lie, I'd be sore tempted to try a pie like that, even if it was delivered by a cryptofacist.

Party Boat posted:

The best example is Asterix. Cover to cover puns, translated into over 100 languages.

Shame about the racism in it, tho.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Encyclopedia is probably my favorite skill. You know so much and it's so worthless.

Until you get the Wompty Dompty Dom internalized.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

From the Simpsons meme thread:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Random question: Is "eternite" the game's word for "plastic" or something else? Is it a real thing or a game thing?

Eternite is a real world building material 9:1 concrete:asbestos.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Heath posted:

I think the Real Estate Agent gives me the heebies more than most other characters in the game

Yeah, it's one thing to support an unfair state that empowers yourself, it's another to do it when you never will gain anything from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Entorwellian posted:

I had major shock this morning. Disco Elysium had an update to add a dyslexia-friendly font to the game. I thought "Huh I wonder what that looks like?" and played through the first part of the Whirling In Rags.

I found out today that I have dyslexia.

And people claim this game isn't life-changing!