Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

What exactly happens if you cheat and give yourself 6666?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011

Which skills will give me some kind of high level knowledge of what's REALLY going on in the world?
Like how do I gain an understanding of the political stuff, the pale or spiritual realm. How do I get into the deep political and philosophical debates?

Also on a more general level, is there a way for me to a competent cop who gets his poo poo together and goes through a redemption arc? Mostly I just want to be like "I know what's really going on and you can't fool me"

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011

How do the political alignments influence the game? I'm assuming you have to internalize the right thought cabinet thoughts?

I'm assuming going full communist is one of the better options but I wonder what happens if you choose ultra liberal or moralist?

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011

Whatever vestigial childhood immaturity I had laughing at bad words was completely revived when I hear people talking about kipts and kojkos in this game or having Measurehead lecture you on his pseudoscientific race theories. I internalized it and now whenever I have the option I pontificate about the evils of Al Gul just by being the living embodiment of the ironically self evident point.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011

Randarkman posted:

Yeah, a friend of mine playing this for the frist time, told me he just roundhouse-kicked Measurehead and pushed the button which was different from what I did spending 3 skill points, 1 in perception, 2 in savoir-faire, and four attempts to make the jump from the roof

Yeah I was hosed in that regard. Couldn't make the jump or level savoir faire enough to make it and I lacked the physical skills to get by him.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011

By the way I spoke to Joyce Messer about the nature of the pale and what Elysium looks like and I don't really understand it.

How can I visualize it? She talks about a corona and it makes me think of a ring world or a flat earth intersected by a lacelike pattern of pale. Like someone put a doily on the planet.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011

How do you clean up your mental health and get a good ending? Im trying really hard to clean up my act and help Harry move on with his life but I think I already triggered the bad end flags by reading the letter in the ledger.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011

My game locked up when I finished Soona's quest in the church. It just plays the noise and rattles everything without progressing the dialogue any further. Is there a fix for this?

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

:lol: Just ran into that same problem and came here to ask. It's locked three times in a row so I think I'm just gonna go do other mystery solving and try back later.

Just as I posted this I managed to make it work somehow.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011

That entire subplot pisses me off.
Harry fixates on his ex way too hard. Like I get that this is a terrible breakup and that he lost a lot in the process. But is that any reason to flush your entire life down the proverbial toilet? All I wanted was for Harry to get over it, move on and meet another woman who he's compatible with. Instead the game kind of runs you through these obsessive morale/health nightmares. I mean all of these issues can be resolved. He can find love again and it might even be healthier and more rewarding than his last relationship.'

On a sidenote are we going to get a sequel?
The esprit de corps check at the end seems to put Harry on a list of potential revolutionaries. Would be nice to kick out the moralintern and strike a blow against panisolary capitalism

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011

cock hero flux posted:

"i'm annoyed that the main character doesn't react healthily to the circumstances in which he finds himself and that he employs obviously maladaptive coping mechanisms to deal with issues in his life"
- person who purchased and then played through the entirety of Human Trainwreck Simulator 2020, seemingly without ever coming within shouting distance of The Point

Nah I get the point. I guess I just like finding things that are broken and fixing them and I understand the game only gives you maybe a week's worth of time to sort things out. Not enough time to recover from alcoholism or solve the bigger issues, but enough to at least get a good start on it.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

Man all the stuff about game mechanics and ending scenes aside, Harry getting into a new relationship with anyone sounds like a disastrous idea right now. Let him learn how to be healthy single for more than a few days first!

Oh totally. I don't think I implied that strongly enough but he would have to go through that step before the others. The game even makes that clear with the lady at the fishing village.

Cpt_Obvious posted:

It is no coincidence that when Harry dreams of his wife, he dreams of Dolores Dei. In essence, they are the same thing. Dolores is the embodiment of Moralism, the worship of the status quo. To the moralist, everything anomalous seems...insignificant. Communist uprising? No biggy. Orphans playing with corpses in the street? That's just the way it is. The gods are in their heavens. Everything is as it should be.

But this faith in the status quo is vanishing fast. The old church is empty. Where there was once worship of moralism, now there is nothing; a tear the fabric of the reality. And that's kind of the point. Just like Harry can't fix his relationship with his ex-wife, nobody can repair the damage that moralism has suffered. Nobody believes that the status quo is tenable. The world is teetering on the edge of war, and nothing will ever be the same.

Maybe the revolution will succeed. Maybe you can fill the church with music. Maybe you can convince the moralists to dance hardcore. Maybe not.

But moralism is as dead as disco.

This is meta as gently caress and easily describes the last 40 or so years of Earth history up to the present moment.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011

GlyphGryph posted:

Aren't these both white checks? Savescumming to complete checks you can try a dozen times is kinda weird, but also doesn't really matter because white checks don't have any fun failure states.

White checks gate content for you. Like if you fail the white check to get the filament from the icecream fridge and can't reset it, you're hosed. You can't advance the particular plot element that covers. You have to save-scum it or cheat physical instrument to see what happens.
The red checks, I agree you can fail them.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011

christmas boots posted:

They really did a great job with Kim hitting the balance so that he’s the competent professional without being a total buzzkill that won’t tolerate your shenanigans and with a high Espirit de Corps it even points out that though he doesn’t believe supernatural stuff is afoot he still takes it seriously when you claim to get psychic hunches because he just assumes your intuition is picking up on something he missed.

He really is the best partner you could ask for

Yeah he's a perfect foil for Harry's wacky personality and greatly helps him out when he struggles. A buddy cop movie of these two would be a great thing to watch.

On a side note, wasn't there something somewhere implying that Kim was gay?

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011

Hirsute posted:

How'd you do it? I can't get past that part either, softlocks every time

Savescum, skip through the next quickly - somehow that did it.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011

Randarkman posted:

Why would you not want to work with Evrart? He wants to get the children off drugs and on rollerskates.

There's something about this that I haven't figured out yet. Is Evart really going to do a good thing with his youth center? Joyce had some weird nostalgic plans for the coastal village and I'm wondering if forging the signatures will paradoxically result in better outcomes for that area?

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011

Vagabong posted:

Latish game spoilers: I'm pretty sure after you send the letter off Evart lays his cards on the table; he's planning to seize the habour from Wild Pines and re-invest the resulting funds into restoring Martinaise to its fromer glory, while simultaneously placing the Union as the de-facto government of the district. This plan is pretty much the natural continunation of the Union's role in Martinase over the previous years, and presents the same issue; while it's clear that the Union is the only organisation that has done anything to actually govern and improve the standards of living in the district, it also means handing more control over to someone as slimy as Evrart.

Seems like the best out of a series of really lovely options. It reminds me of Nationalist China and how the central government lacked the resources and the means to govern the outbound provinces so they relied on local warlords loosely aligned with government but functionally independent and self serving.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011

Nordick posted:

Uhhhhh, so Shivers-related church questline end spoilers: Anyone else succeeded in "engaging hyperdrive" while dancing and then passed a Godly Rhetoric passive while talking with La Revacholiere? Because uhhhhhh that's quite a revelation she gives for the future and what she needs Harry for. :stonk:

God, I love this game so much.

Can you tell me what happens in this scene? I think I got it but I failed a check in the middle of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011

I have an endgame RCM related question.

Where does the game indicate that the RCM are surviving communist army soldiers who were turned into the police?