Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Kraftwerk posted:

What exactly happens if you cheat and give yourself 6666?

I remember reading someone did that and every dialogue took a ridiculously long time because all the skills were chiming in 24/7?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I think it updated, since it downloaded a patch, but there wasn't a setting to adjust the voice acting before the game begins - is that in-game? Did I somehow start the old version?

ETA: nevermind i am just an idiot! thank you!

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Is the ps5 version stable now? My friend wants to buy it, but I don’t know how buggy it is on ps5 right now and don’t want to lead her astray if it still needs major patching.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Just had a weird glitch. Had a thought bubble appear but it was just the white ring, with no thought to press, and it wouldn't go away. Then when I tried to load my last autosave it somehow loaded the final part of my previous run right at the climax and ignored all my other saves?

Fortunately I had a recent enough save point to load from.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Okay this keeps happening: I'm getting the thought ring with no ability to click on it and it just sticks around for ages, and I can't interact with any thoughts. It takes me closing out of the game and reopening it to fix. Any ideas on this bug? I'm on PC and I didn't experience it before the final cut.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I'm feeling kinda frustrated because I lost a few hours to bugs + my Day 1 has been similar to my last clear even with me taking some different routes just because I'm getting/failing the same checks more or less, having really bad luck with white checks, and I don't really feel like I'm unlocking a lot of new dialogue yet (probably cause I haven't got enough skill points in to really differentiate the last time.) My tie isn't even talking to me :( Do you think it'd be worth doing a save edit just to pump up the stats a bit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
gosh darn it, i've gotta restart.

ETA: :( and now despite following all the guides I seem to be missing a step when it comes to editing the save file to just give me 6 across the board. Honestly getting grumpy. I loved my first playthrough but the final cut's been buggy as hell for me + apparently I didn't stat up different enough cause basically all the dialogue I've gotten is the same/basically failed or passed all the same checks I did the last few times, which has made the bugs making me have to replay sections three or more times severely unfun + didn't even get the tie talking to me when that's one of the Big Differences I wanted to try. Any chance someone can just upload a zip of a 6 in everything day 1 save so I can copy it? I found a save that works but it's pre-final cut and I just want the new content.

I wish to roleplay Harry, not to experience as many failures as him IRL ok.

coolusername fucked around with this message at 13:13 on May 7, 2021