Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I started my third playthrough, first since the Final Cut came out. I’m going 6/2/2/2: all in on logic and the other reasoning skills. Trying to play as a sort of emotionless data sponge. So far it’s going well. It’s neat seeing all the new dialogue that logic and encyclopedia keeps picking up on. Like I don’t know my name, but I knew the name of Kim’s car and new specific details and history of heavy cavalry. I need a new game in this setting, it’s too beautiful not to be used forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I actually think that adds to the story in a way. The *player* can have peace of mind while also knowing that the character doesn't. Which lets the player realize: hey, maybe I've also done the best I could have sometimes?

Came to say basically the same thing, but this sums it up better than I could’ve. Being able to retry/get different results is a strength of the medium, not a weakness.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Pattonesque posted:

Freelancer voice: "We don't *run* Revachol, but we have an *understanding* with the people who do"

Just popping in to laugh at this.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

RubberLuffy posted:

I went to a concert last night and someone recognized my Star And Antlers shirt so that was nice.

Was it a British Sea Power concert?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Empty Sandwich posted:

If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is: Infinite.

I, too, am a big fan of William Blake’s “The Marriage of Heaven and Hell!” :cheers:

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I don’t know poo poo about what the last 10 pages of this thread are talking about, but boy do I love me some Disco Elysium! And now that I’m a year or so out from a bad breakup, I’ll have the stomach to play through this amazing game again.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I’ve been following along for the past half a dozen pages and looking on the internet for more clues, but I’m turning up nothing.

Where is the “gently caress capitalism” sentiment coming from? Do we know for sure that’s the cause of any of this? I mean, in general, gently caress capitalism, but I’m just curious if there’s a reason that’s the current narrative in this thread.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

AnonymouseNo5 posted:

The original creators are being pushed out, at the sake of the Amazon TV show and getting the sequel game out in 2-3 years. What isn't "capitalism" about this? :frog:

Right...again....we don't know it's about the TV Show and we don't know both sides of the story. It is probably capitalism. But no one really knows what caused all of this. It may be as black and white as it seems, or it may be a series strategic gently caress-ups at both the dev and investor levels until this is what we're left with.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Megazver posted:

TBH a good time to start playing any new Paradox game is like a year after its release.

But I hear this one isn't *too* broken, so go for it.

I like buy PDX games immediately after they’re released because it’s much easier to keep up with DLC that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Chubby Henparty posted:

Key Huy Quan casting off decades of work in juvie, playing it deadly serious

(OK I just saw him in loki)

Is that Oroborus? If so, he’d be perfect. He was great in Everything Everywhere All At Once.