Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I religiously watched the whole Cohh stream and eagerly wait until he returns to it, because watching a politically cowardly centrist trying to navigate this game is fascinating. The brief moment of apprehension when he discovered that not only the game does visibly track the political responses he gives through the game, but he actually has to choose at least one ideology to ~fully experience the content~ was hilarious. About the only thing I'm pissed about is that when he asked if the game has also option to opt in for centrist ideology, chat for some reason told him that Moraliten has nothing to do with centrism (??????????) so he choose "ultra liberal" as comedy option. I wanted to see what, if anything, the description of Moraliten thought would do to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Anyone feel like the voice acting isn’t that impressive? I wanted new areas and a continuation of the story.

I would actually argue that it's pretty drat impressive, considering it's a Free DLC.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Wow, they really failed at failing at making a video game.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I ended up with no beard and The Expression and I dont regret it one bit. :colbert:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

Watching Cohh go through this has been great, every time he is faced with a bunch of political responses he declares them all to be communism and goes with the boring cop one

His absolute refusal to click on any dialogue option with the word "communism" in it, regadless of the context in which it comes up is completely hilarious and I would be almost sure its just a comedy bit, if I didnt know its 100% genuine.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Harry was a gym teacher, but what is Kim's excuse?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Whoever did the analysis of the backgrounds of DE portraits and how they reflect the ideology and beliefs of each character should do the same thing for these. :colbert:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Alhazred posted:

I shaved and I stand by my decision.

I shaved and let the Expression stay on.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I always let Klassje go and afterwards, I always feel like I'm doing a huge mistake that will eventually bite Harry in the rear end big time. Then in next playthrough, I let her go again.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Mercs that can be traced to Wild Pines doing a good, old fashioned massacre of civilians in the middle of Martinaise significantly strengthens the Union and is really bad look for Wild Pines, so this is the one instance where Joyce is almost certainly telling the truth.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

It's really unique among videogames. Having the voices in your head literally metagame and offer "sequence-breaking" advice is something I've never seen before.

The only other thing that comes close, that I can think of, is playing Malkavian vampire in "Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines|. For those who have not played the game, the player character is a vampire that can belong to one of several bloodlines and the gimmick of Malkavian bloodline is (to put it simply) trading their sanity for phenomenal cosmic knowledge, to the point of being more-or-less omniscient. So the character you are playing pretty much knows the entire plot of the game from the beginning and most of their dialogue choices are some variations of "oh, this character is hiding x ", "now is about time for y to happen", "that character is actually planning to do z but won't be able to achieve anything", etc.... obfuscated by making it sound like random gibberish unless you already finished the game and can put two and two together.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Everything concerning Pale and the technology that interacts with it is completely outside of current science (duh....obviously) and could easily count both as "sci-fi" and "non-earth environment".

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I do have to admit, I have a perverse curiosity in seeing the output of the new ZA/UM writing team. Like how do you even try to do a follow up of Disco Elysium after something like this happened?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Eason the Fifth posted:

My most controversial opinion: game is better without any voice acting

As someone who skips most of voice acting after the first sentence, even I know that the VA of narrator did some loving work.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Shibawanko posted:

the one thing i didn't care for much were the forced politics bits. i tried to play harry as a detective, yapping about communism to strangers just seems out of character for someone who's supposed to make people talk about their secrets. it would've been nice as a background theme, the fight between the union and wild pines would have been obvious as just a theme to pick up on but at times it felt like the game insisted a bit too much that i'd explicitly pick a side

Getting blackout drunk, driving your service car over a canal and crashing it into the sea, losing your badge and gun and getting blackmailed over it and trying to repeatedly commit suicide is also extremely out of character for someone who's supposed to make people talk about their secrets. :v:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Disco Elysium anime is a wonderful idea that is worth pursuing, but the harsh reality of capitalism means that any attempt to realize it will be met with enormous pushback that will twist it into a repulsive abomination, bringing only misery and suffering.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Phlegmish posted:

Well, I just started and I already lost some Health and some Morale (I only had 2 Health to start with). Is it easy to regain these?

Yes, healing items are relatively common.

Another useful hint, that is incredibly unintuitive to some, is that even if you are losing your last point of Health/Morale, as long as you have at least 1 healing item (represented by the number within the red/blue cross) and use it(by clicking on the number before the bar depletes), you will still survive.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Youremother posted:

Go do a Fascist Harry run, the fascism quest is unironically one of the best in the game

....urge to do a fascist playthrough is rising.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
"Kurva/Kurwa" is also an all-purpose swear word in a lot of Slavic languages similar to English "gently caress", so his name is being really close to something like "Robert Fucker" for most of eastern Europe.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Organic Lube User posted:

No, they're a really good detective.

Every person has a limited amount of "really good detective" energy and drugs is how you recharge it, that's just common sense. :hmmyes:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
If you somehow manage to get those comments from Kim, you should also get a secret ending where Harry is counted out of the revolution in the end, same as Trant :v:.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
My interpretation always was that after arriving on the scene, Harry quickly figured out that the hanged man wasn't lynched but killed in some other way and thus the dock workers are innocent and are covering for someone, that the hanged man was a merc and that the rest of his squad is still hanging around and that nothing he can do will prevent them from causing bloodbath once their tiny remains of self-control run out and that the only person around with enough power and authority to do something about it actively wants the bloodbath to happen. And after discovering all that, Harry just went "this whole thing is hosed beyond belief and there is nothing I can do, so just screw everything" and decided to go on bender of epic proportion that directly led to the start of the game.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
:hmmyes: if you do enough drugs you can just avoid every bad-feeling interaction in the game. Like the awesome detective you surely are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The cocaine skull, obviously.