Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Kraftwerk posted:

Which skills will give me some kind of high level knowledge of what's REALLY going on in the world?
Like how do I gain an understanding of the political stuff, the pale or spiritual realm. How do I get into the deep political and philosophical debates?

Also on a more general level, is there a way for me to a competent cop who gets his poo poo together and goes through a redemption arc? Mostly I just want to be like "I know what's really going on and you can't fool me"

Much like in real life, there's a level of wokeness in DE that leads directly and rapidly to insanity. I mean, I guess some of the skills explicitly tell you this when they warn you about the consequences of very high levels of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Legin Noslen posted:

Major spoiler

Ah poo poo, we've all been cucked

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
I think I love the narration. To some degree it is odd, because your character is such a whacked out piece of poo poo that the confident and strong inner voice feels strange, but then again maybe it makes perfect sense

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
drat, anti-object task force seems to be bugged and deals damage rather than heals it. This really cramps my style.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Huh, I think my Final Cut game just dead ended on Day 1. Never got the chance to pay for my room... the eventual opportunity just never appeared, so now its past midnight and while I can keep running around doing things at the moment, I'm starting to think this is just going to end up with me having to restart.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

World War Mammories posted:

weird, but of course plausible. garte doesn't have a dialogue option about it? kim hasn't brought up going to sleep? no options to bug anyone for cash?

This is probably my 5th playthrough, so I know how it is supposed to go. At the moment, two options pop up - Kim plus a thought about home. I just reloaded and replayed the moment, and it looks like if I click the thought before talking with Kim, Kim's dialogue disappears. If I do it the other way around, then it all works fine.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
I just closed out day 2 on my Final Cut playthrough with a 2/4/4/2 build that currently has 10 shivers, 8 conceptualization, 8 espirit de corps, 8 perception, 6 inland empire, 6 empathy, and 6 electrochemistry. I'm feeling good about where day three will lead me.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

i'm currently wondering if i should put levels into thoughts or skills. Is it owrth going extremely high into physical instrument/electro-chemistry/inland empire/half light? i'm really enjoying it just not sure those vs getting a though. currently at 0 drama/rhetoric and -1 savoir faire lol

If you're really trying to min/max, many thoughts can often be worth more stats than single individual skill upgrades that cost the same. But not all thoughts are created equal, and some will never "pay off" in certain respects. If you're enjoying your playthrough, though, there's no need to worry about what decisions are correct, because all decisions are entertaining!

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Pretty sure that’s just Ted Cruz

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Is this a new form of the classic "is a hotdog a sandwich" argument?

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Krime posted:

Can you elaborate on the top part of this? I had this happen and took it as game over and didn't give much thought to it and reloaded a save file.

Sometimes Kim just splashes some water in your face and you wake up. You didn't actually die, you just wished you had.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

christmas boots posted:

IIRC you aim really carefully, chuck an airship through it and hope it comes out in the right spot

The concept of the Pale appears to have a metaphorical depth to it, but you can pretty well just discard all of that and think of it like exploring the world before the modern era. This is basically just describing the age of sail in general.

Edit:

GlyphGryph posted:

Also its a metaphor.

For history?

Well, OK, I guess you don't necessarily need to discard the metaphorical depth, but rather just... interpret the obvious metaphor for what it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

It's my first play through, and I've already hit the lowest of the low with Kim by 6pm day 1. How have only 1.5% of Steam players achieved this?

Most humans possess a sense of shame