Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
This game feels a lot different now that I'm trapped in an apt, even happily trapped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
You're all making me nervous about hearing new Cuno. A few of Cuno's old lines sounded like he was screaming from the opposite side of the room to his mic and it made the lines really funny in an odd way

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I was having constant crashes all morning until I read it's super common for unity to crash with a certain overlay on, which I don't own, but I figured something similar like discord might be doing it and it looks like killing discord actually worked.

I'm clearing up some stuff on my old save from 2019 I never got around to finishing off and I'm very slightly now obsessed with some old theories about hidden stuff, namely The DLC truck and the COCAINE SKULL

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Shoehead posted:

I was having constant crashes all morning until I read it's super common for unity to crash with a certain overlay on, which I don't own, but I figured something similar like discord might be doing it and it looks like killing discord actually worked.

I'm clearing up some stuff on my old save from 2019 I never got around to finishing off and I'm very slightly now obsessed with some old theories about hidden stuff, namely The DLC truck and the COCAINE SKULL

My crashing came back, so I reinstalled. Still a no go though. I dunno what it is about this one game in particular but I've found more fake websites that turn out to be strings of gibberish text googling this one problem than any other, and I make lovely Game Maker games

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
https://twitter.com/studioZAUM/status/1377311097271812103?s=20/

Hotfix ahoy

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

EorayMel posted:

The fascism spirit quest :frogsiren: eventually leads you and Measurehead speaking in private about women and how he is a member of the Semen Retention Society and thus never actually ejaculates during sex.
Yet also says the only point of biology is passing your genes as far as possible via as many people as possible.
But not cumming is encouraged because it helps pass on spirit which is immortal, while cumming passes on flesh which is not immortal. Winning THE LOVE VICTORY :frogsiren:
And he may have been beaten by his dad [like Cuno].
:siren: And he does not at all agree with trying to return to or bring back the past, counter to Endurance's wants he is only concerned about going forward, and that the present is a living organism with many opportunities.

But most importantly of all He really likes the couch

:pcgaming: AND I HAVE TO LOOK AT MYSELF IN THE MIRROR ALONE NEXT :pcgaming:

H
O
L
E
E
S
H
I
T

Lol some Incels and Proudboys actually believe this.

I really wish I could play, I've been hunting down poo poo from error logs all week

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I've been playing in a window for an hour without a crash. Is it fixed, did THAT fix it? Who knows yet but whatever

I'm trying to get some achievements this time around and I have to mean to Kim :(

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Psykmoe posted:

Being able to get a game over from morale and health damage has always been a thing, and if your Volition is low, interactions with Cuno (or getting laughed at by him) are dangerous :v: Still, they let you take healing items even as your last health or morale point bleeds away if you have any.

So, spoiler question for the harbor: Have you always been able to steal a pile of meds from René's guard booth or was that a later addition? I was in too bad a shape to make it through the conversation with Edvart, but since I snuck into the harbor I couldn't leave. I thought I was trapped until I found healing items each for my health and morale, which will help me through. The fact that it's 3 magnesium particularly seems like it's there to avoid this kind of failure state.

Wait if you don't take these does (Late spoiler) Rene still die? Did I kill an aulfella by raiding his stash of lifesaving meds???

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Nosfereefer posted:

It is just a lot less powerful, I guess. Fake-welsh(?) sounds better when its shouted high strung and aggressively. He sounds so less certain of himself, which kind of throws me off.

Calling the precinct is a lot better in this edition though. Also hearing Kim getting excited about your name for the case.

e: "gently caress DOES CUNO CARE" is delivered more like a question than a statement now.

I think he's supposed to be a bit scouse.

I just got done talking to Measure head on my rear end in a top hat playthrough and I had to mentally check myself there to make sure scouse wasnt a slur

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

SubponticatePoster posted:

My playthrough is partially bugged. The car in the ice is a weird color and I go through the waiting with Kim, but when I try to interact with it again it just starts the whole sequence over. Can't get the stuff out of it :(

That seems to be pretty common on consoles from all my troubleshooting this week. I currently have a weird bug were the door to the kitchen in the Whirling in Rags is open early and I can go in, but the room doesn't light up. I can even talk to the cook early!

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Finally "finished" my "rear end in a top hat" playthrough. It felt pretty bad but I managed to get the Fash and Ultraliberal achievements during the second day, I was really scrambling to find people to be a dick to. The worst though, even with being horrible to Kim and letting Measurehead talk me into poo poo was not telling Plaisance to gently caress up and let her kid come in out of the cold. She's right on the corner of lovely exploitative parent and crystal mom and I fuckin hate her

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Knowing Za/um took over a magazine once makes La Fumée being so detailed make a lot more sense. This is just more Welkin reference stuff!

Also only just copped the street artist mentioned is Cindy the Skull

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Alchenar posted:

I'm still stuck on where they were between 'hugely influential' and 'a complete failure at everything they did until they made a video game'

This is the game that say Communism is failure, but still worth it. I could see that kind of thinking being applied to your artistic output too (because anything creative is built on possibly decades of gently caress ups and hard lessons, after all)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I lost a few hours to the thought stuck in the cabinet bug again :negative: